The Ladies team

Information about our Ladies Team, Youth Team and Reserves Teams

The Ladies team

Postby michael » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 pm

There is obviously a difference between ladies in football (hannah Dingley ) and ladies football,and important not to get the mixed up imo.

focusing on ladies football at fgr=plenty of discussion/input goung on about it on the first team forum-so thought i would bring it back to its current home on the forum.
(a small thing-but should the ladies team have their section and the academy another )

-anyway- did anyone read the NLP this weekend ?
An article in their re Lewes football club-who are hardly giants of the game-but run a very good ladies football section.
What really amazed me though was that Lewes pay their ladies the same as they pay their men -there's proper equality.
Ok -the men are at NLS so hardly earning fortunes-but even so-to pay them equally is surely 'revolutionary .

-i also noted that lewes ladies team attract similar attendances to their mens team--just over 600.
The ladies figure is supplemented by 2 big crowds v tottenham and Manchester united-but again-even so-if they are averaging 450 against the mens in NLS 600, thats quite impressive .

Then there is Yeovil just down the road-ok relegated but still very strong.

It does not happen overnight-but taken seriously success for FGR ladies football team ought to be forthcoming over the coming few seasons
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: The Ladies team

Postby michael » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 am

refreshing/re-assuring to listen to DV in todays 'interview'.

I have to say that very welcome, and at the same time wonder 'whats changed' when the same question about the ladies team received minimally a lukewarm response at aprils fans forum.(accepting that not all can necessarily be revealed at the time )
You may say the world cup has changed things-but that was known about 4 years ago .
(euros held in UK in 2 years time )

Yep-i think FGR are starting way behind many on this-but it does seem at long last progress in ladies football will now be sought ,and as i have always maintained-the encouragement has to start at the top.
hopefully that will rub off on the ladies themselves and make them feel more 'wanted',and maybe slowly raise their standard
It seems its now there

hallelulah.

When DV said- 'it helps create an all round good feeling ' i think he summed it up correctly
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:19 am

minimally i hope that in 12 months time, FGR can muster a team that is at least of a standard to enter the extra preliminary stage of the womens FA Cup.

-just amazed that a club of FGR stature is not at that level (where did it all go wrong ?)

still-there is hope (not hope as in powell ) and DV does finally advise us now it may be taken a bit more seriously .

i wish them well , a much better season and steady upward progress from now on
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Is that Ladies football as opposed to Gentlemens football ?

Or The Womens' team ?
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:18 pm

good question-is there a difference between a ladies football and womens football ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Some teams call themselves ladies, whilst others use the term women, I assume that there must be a reason for this but haven't a clue why.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby michael » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 pm

can we settle upon Futbal Feminino ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:31 pm

I would rather go for femininas...feminino sounds a bit masculine to me.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby michael » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:41 pm

works for me-Feminina's it is then.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:10 am

https://twitter.com/FGRFC_Official/stat ... 3264615424.

I know the ladies team were not that special and are recruiting for this season, but isn't the clubs obsession with having the youngest team in the league as per the mens game-getting a bit exaggerated ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:05 am

some may suggest that it is always good to get regular updates on the ladies team/recruitment/seasons aims/management/future ambitions to catch up with the likes of yeovil,cheltenham and Keynsham ladies football teams .

One always appreciates the regular updates- i think regularly once a year is the timeframe ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR ladies and youth Teams