The Womens team

Information about the FGR Women’s, Youth and Reserves Teams

Re: The Womens team

Postby michael » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:02 pm

admittedly it was top v bottom of the league today ,but after 18 months or more of it not being very good, and i cannot be sure as i am not close enough to the coalface-but are there real ,visible and sufficient signs of progression on field in those 18 months ?

looking at the twitter feed today -it does seem it was a reasonable performance (and again to be fair-frome are top of league ) but it is getting a bit repetitive.played well but lost 5-1 .

In fairness to my previous off field observations, it was good to have a live twitter report today-that is progress
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:54 pm

and thanks for the match report .

whatever the reasons, i think it was 'time for a change '.
not expecting overnight success-but just seemed to be no on field progress whatsoever

looking forward to hearing who is the new coach/manager.

on the basis that he has management experience, has previous 'links' with the club/DV on the sustainability front ,and no doubt there is a bit of sibling rivalry, i wonder whether Gary Neville will apply ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 pm

can't find any trace of the 'battle of the greens' today.
no result currently recorded on the FA site

did the ladies play laverstock today ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:40 pm

wow,wow and quadruple wow .

one swallow doesn't make a summer-but thats better .

easy to say post event-but one had the feeling for a long time that things had minimally gone 'stale' and needed a change .
thats some reaction from the ladies-what/who prompted that ?

really pleased for the ladies.

same again next week in the cup ?

i simply hope that the result gives everyone a lift from fgr chairman to the coaches (whoever they may be now ) to the players and their families
it is not ball of laughs losing most games for 18 months ,but hope this goes wider than the result itself and spreads the joy throughout the club,and encourages everyone to put fresh emphasis behind ladies football at fgr
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 am

remain a bit in shock and awe ,so had to double check the score on the fa site-but i did not mis read it /reported incorrectly and score remains the same ,so great stuff.

what/who made the difference between last sunday and most of the previous 70 sundays ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:52 am

Manager/Head coach appointment .

I wonder when and who that will be (forgive me when i wonder if its already been actioned and club just has not announced anything as seems to often be the way with the ladies team ).

that given-and assuming someone has not yet been appointed-whilst i am not anticipating Hope Powell , will the 'quality 'of the appointment, reflect the longer term ambitions of how/(if ) fgr intends to progress senior ladies football at fgr ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:39 am

we did get a tweet of the teams, but i guess too much to ask for the result to be minimally tweeted-if not put on the official site .

given the emphasis that fgr place on ladies football ,i am sure the result will be advised sometime in the next decade.

that given ,-and whist it would be good to have it confirmed-it seems as though the ladies held their nerve and went through on penalties.
hope that is confirmed as two wins on the bounce !

FT 0-0: Unfortunately the ladies after a much better performance than last week are knocked out the Cup after losing to @FGRFC_Women on penalties!
The ladies now have a break until the new year, but training will continue!

(taken from the laverstock site )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:09 pm

So the head coach/manager was sacked then? I didn't see any official announcement, surely some sort of statement would be in order to thank the employee for their efforts etc?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:51 pm

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/december-201 ... gary-woods

Weird that there has been no other mention of Craig's departure.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Kentstripe wrote:So the head coach/manager was sacked then? I didn't see any official announcement, surely some sort of statement would be in order to thank the employee for their efforts etc?

it was simply reported in a match report about 3 weeks ago that it was his last game.

no idea of the circumstances of the parting of ways.

all one has observed is that there was not much sign of improvement/progression (results wise at least )over the last 18 months ,but now on a roll-won two consecutive games (ok against same team ) but has that ever happened in the last two years ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:07 pm

reading the match report-if you are Lucy Gould-does that mean you must be better than a Lucy Bronze ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:32 am

head manager coach appointment :

one assumes 'interviews' in full swing after three weeks ?

maybe announcement in the next 7 days ?
i'm getting all of a quiver in excitement and anticipation.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:41 pm

I would like the club to be brave, as they have with the appointment of Hannah Dingley, and go for a coach on the up who can bring the ladies team forward. Tottenham Hotspur Ladies have Karen Hills who has steered their team through several promotions in the last ten years, culminating in promotion to the WSL at the end of last season. They are doing pretty well this season and should be safe from any fears of relegation. Clearly Tottenham have stuck with the same manager for over a decade, which isn't that difficult when the team is successful, but hopefully we can recruit someone of the same ilk.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Saturday's programme had an FGR Womens team column/update attributed to' manager Craig Darkin'.

Maybe he is the new manager, replacing himself. Would certainly be another way of doing things.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR women and youth Teams