The Womens team

Information about the FGR Women’s, Youth and Reserves Teams

Re: The Womens team

Postby michael » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:15 pm

if you can't win-you ensure you do not lose -so in a way task accomplished .

maybe a bit disapponting not to beat laverstock- but the short unbeaten run remains intact so no disaster ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:04 pm

good to see the 'off field ' brief video-things are improving on all fronts perhaps ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:50 pm

close today then, but not quite close enough-pity.

was against the league leaders so no shame in losing 1-0
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:47 am

if game is on-tough 'mid table' (sort of ) test at swindon today .

get a point or more from that, and you will begin to think that the ladies team really is starting to progress and get a bit of consistent progression as opposed to 'winning' the occasional game (which was itself an improvement on losing every game under previous manager )

best of luck today
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:07 pm

now i don't know much about this ,but on the face of it-that seems impressive today to me.

-clean sheet as well
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Good to see a few more match reports recently, seems to be an improvement on and off the pitch.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:40 am

Very impressive win. Relegation fears receding!!
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 am

and some days you perhaps don't have to work quite so hard to get three points
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:16 am

michael wrote:and some days you perhaps don't have to work quite so hard to get three points

Haha! Surely we must be safe from relegation now. (Thanks Trowbridge!)

Pen Mill next I think. Need to win that one to be sure?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:10 pm

Fair to say that i never felt that DV's heart and soul were behind the ladies side, albeit there was a bit more attention given to the ladies in the last couple of months of the season as it was.
Indeed -after the change of manager-results equally improved which always helps

Obviously with the onset of covid-19 ,things came to a grinding halt .

i wonder if and how the club will 'support the ladies side post covid ?

everything must be up for review-and perhaps the continued (low key )support for the ladies will be abandoned entirely -wouldn't like that but maybe understandable .

On the other hand-will DV and club now stand behind and support the ladies team to show they do really care about that side of the club ,and truly want to see the ladies team progress through the leagues.

I very much hope it will be the latter option
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:52 am

It may take ten years for a few of them to progress to the main ladies side ,but you have to start somewhere and sometime so all good

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/june-2020/ne ... emy-scheme

obviously we all know these days that these things only work when you have the so-called 'road map '.
I note that both Mr Vince and Ms Dingly fail to speak of this famous 'road map 'in their statements which is of concern .

for football clubs-'projects' are so very last decade.
These days only 'road maps ' mean you are serious

maybe in my post above i was wrong and the so-called 'direction of travel' iled by Mr Vince is going the right way .

(other over used naff cliches are available to you )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 am

Has covid-19 presented an opportunity for FGR to progress up the ladies leagues than would have been a natural/steady progresssion ?

There have been green shoots of the club and DV showing more interest in the ladies team.

Obviously covid then hit us all.

Has that caused a re-think ?
I have no idea at FGR but hope not

For many clubs ,it will cause a re think of the ladies game.
Even at the highest level- rightly or wrongly priority is being given to mens football (and mens sport in general ) .

I am sure that the upper echelons of the womens football game will be fine .

Maybe the same for quite a few clubs in the middle echelons of the womens game ,albeit i equally anticipate quite a few clubs abandonning/mothballing their womens side ,and even more at the lower leagues in the womens game (with respect-FGR are currently almost at the lowest of the low ).

Will DV/FGR be bold ,brave and unlike many of their peer clubs ride it out and persevere with the ladies side .

If the funds and desire are there-it seems a major opportunity to me .
If quite a few womens sides in the 'middle' leagues are disbanded -its going to create 'vacancies' for clubs to fill those spots to keep the leagues/game going .
It will leave better players looking for clubs .

Not the nicest way to do it ,and benefit from the weakness of others (i dont care but just being polite ) so does this present an opportunity for FGR ladies to be playing in a higher league quicker than would otherwise have occurred through natural progress ?
This year there were signs that after all-maybe DV /FGR do care about the ladies side.
here's a ready made chance to really go for it and prove it .

will it be seized ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR women and youth Teams