EFL youth alliance fixtures

Information about the FGR Women’s, Youth and Reserves Teams

EFL youth alliance fixtures

Postby michael » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:56 am

Thanks for posting on main site .

Hopefully we will be able to refer to them throughout season (and similarly for ladies when fixtures out ). plus the league tables

I thought that background to youth alliance system was quite interesting /useful-the more we know-the more interest there will be.

My ignorance obviously-but i never knew about these merit tables/split leagues etc .
makes it interesting.

I guess the aim will be to finish in top half so that in second half of season,the U18's are competing over a wider geographical area against the teams from south east as well.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: EFL youth alliance fixtures

Postby michael » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:32 am

Just read the academy report v brstol city on the official site .

am i imagining it-or was it reported that the Academy had a friendly game v Aston Villa last saturday moring ,which i could find no report on.
maybe i am just going mad and imagining things.

look forward to hearing from HD about 'what she thinks of it so far', having got one/two games under her belt
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Must admit I'd probably have gone to match last night had I known about it. Too hot for anything else really and probably just a short walk away for me.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Good to see MC taking a coaching session with the academy today. Believe he's done this a few times. Important in that it shows the academy lads that the first team management are taking notice and the pathway is open if they're good enough.

https://twitter.com/FGRAcademy/status/1 ... 0692306945
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:04 pm

thanks for posting.

I spend much too much time on here anyway, so don't really need more sites=but i had no idea there was a designated academy twitter account.
You'll be telling me next that there is a ladies team academy as well which we equally knew nothing about
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks for the interview with CB post wooton bassett .

was not sure until then,so pleased he is still effectively manager whilst HD is 'head '(not too sure how that works )

also look forward to hearing from HD shortly on what she thinks of it so far.

quality of teams /shortfalls/ what she feels needs/can be improving etc etc.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm

HD talks well and interestingly post match.

A good couple of results in the last fixtures-excellent
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR women and youth Teams