Ladies appoint assistant manager

Information about our Ladies Team, Youth Team and Reserves Teams

Ladies appoint assistant manager

Postby stroud green » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 am

Forest Green Rovers 1st team Ladies manager Josh Giddins has appointed Jenna Lepore as assistant manager to the first team as of immediate affect.

Ex first team player Jenna is a B licence coach who has been working with the reserves this season.

Forest Green manager GIddins said, "I have been looking for an assistant with the right qualities for some time now, and Jenna ticks all the boxes. As a player she was always hard working and gave you 100%. Add that to her knowledge of the game, she knows the players and with her coaching ability, I think you will find we have found exactly what we are looking for"

Jenna will be joining the first team for Sunday's game against pre-seasons promotion favourites Exeter City Ladies.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Ladies appoint assistant manager

Postby michael » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:35 pm

I a being a bit lazy here-apologies-i suppose i ought to google it-but i think i need to take a bit more interest in this ladies football stuff-a boom sport it seems and rightly so.

I assume there is some sort of ladies football pyramid.
where can i find that ,and displayed simply.

Just wondering how many divisions fgr ladies need to climb to be in the same league as bimingham and arsenal ladies etc.

what is the lowest ranked team in the ladies pyramid who has a representative /player in england ladies football team ?
(obviously i am wondering how far off one ogf the fgr ladies may be )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:19 am

michael wrote:I a being a bit lazy here-apologies-i suppose i ought to google it-but i think i need to take a bit more interest in this ladies football stuff-a boom sport it seems and rightly so.

I assume there is some sort of ladies football pyramid.
where can i find that ,and displayed simply.

Just wondering how many divisions fgr ladies need to climb to be in the same league as bimingham and arsenal ladies etc.

what is the lowest ranked team in the ladies pyramid who has a representative /player in england ladies football team ?
(obviously i am wondering how far off one ogf the fgr ladies may be )

The top two divisions are The Women's Super League. This is where you will find the countries top clubs, your Arsenal, Chelsea, Bristol Acc etc.

This has generally been a closed shop but there are whispers that promotion and relegation will be allowed between here and the next level down, The Women's Premier League. So imagine it to be a bit like the Premiership and the Football League.

The Women's Premier League is where FGR Ladies play. The leagues are regionalised with the Northern division and Southern divisions at the top.
The Southern for example include clubs like West Ham, Spurs, Cardiff, Brighton etc .

FGR Ladies are one beneath that in the South West Div 1. One of two feeder leagues into the Southern Division and are currently top by two points ahead of Swindon Town.

Next weekend the Women's Premier League Cup is played and we have been drawn at home against Blackburn Rovers Ladies who currently sit top of the Northern Division, so one league above. The Ladies beat Crystal Palace Ladies 3 nil in the last round. This draw is probably the toughest we could have got.

The league cup just includes The Women Premier League teams.

The Women's FA Cup includes all teams and a bit like the men's FA Cup, teams higher up the pyramid come in at a later stage. I think the 1st qualifying round has taken place. FGR come in at the 3rd Q Rd stage.

Here is a link to the current league tables http://fulltime.thefa.com/Table.do?selectedSeason=95852224&selectedDivision=876495085&standingsTableDay=&standingsTableMonth=&standingsTableYear=

Use the drop down tabs to see the different leagues.

With regards to Englands women, I imagine most of the players selected come from the Super League.

We play home games at Slimbridge FC on Sundays with a 2pm KO. The bar is open and regularly attract attendances of 50 plus. Come down and have a look for yourself. This Sunday we are at home to Exeter City Ladies.

You can also follow the Ladies on their Facebook and Twitter pages.

https://www.facebook.com/ForestGreenRoversLadiesFootballClub

@FGRLFC

I hope this answers your questions.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi
A few years back the ladies got through to the 3rd round of the Womens FA cup on 2 years and drew Liverpool (played at Skelmersdale) and Leeds Carnegie (played at Tadcaster) good support travelled from Gloucs and I managed to get to both games.
i think FGR had as much support as the opposition at those games.

I'm hoping to get a lift down from Lancs with someone from the B'burn camp for next Sunday.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:51 am

many thanks Stroud green-appreciated.

now i've got the basics-i'll have a look at the links.

just like the mens game-its a long season-but do i take it,that if FGR do win the sw1 league-they go up to the southern division with the likes of those league .

funny- whilst i want fgr men to win every game-i'm not really bothered about promotion for them-but at the same time-would like the ladies to go right to the top.

another and possibly marginally easier-to put fgr on the map ?

good luck to them
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:56 pm

michael wrote:just like the mens game-its a long season-but do i take it,that if FGR do win the sw1 league-they go up to the southern division with the likes of those league .

Correct
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Really helpful. Thanks Stroud-Green
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager