Will they be League Champions.???

Information about our Ladies Team, Youth Team and Reserves Teams

Will they be League Champions.???

Postby rallyrover » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Swindon lost 3-1 to Exeter City today.

To win the league FGR Ladies have to win one of the two remaining games they have this season.

There next game is against bottom of the league St Nicholas who have only won one game this season and had no draws.
Barring a totally freak result the ladies should win the league and promotion with a game to spare.

The next and hopefully league winning game takes place away at St Nicholas on the 29/03/2015.

They would love to have a large crowd of FGR supporters to hopefully see them win the league.

2.00pm kick off.

St Nicholas play at :-
St Nicholas FC The Ridings,
Wickwar Road,
Chipping Sodbury,
Bristol,
South Gloucestershire
BS37 6GA

Directions :-
This will tell you exactly where they are located along Wickwar Road. The clubhouse and changing rooms are the second building on the right as you enter the carpark.

From M5 North - M5, leave at J14 turn left towards Charfield on B4509 for 2 miles, at "T" junction turn right towards Cromhall (B4058) for about 800 yards then turn left.

From Bristol - Head out of Bristol towards Chipping Sodbury High Street. Half way along the High St. Turn left towards Wickwar. Continue up the Wickwar Rd straight over two mini roundabouts and turn right into the Chipping Sodbury RFC, St Nicholas & C.S Football Clubs car parks.
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.
rallyrover
First Team
First Team

Re: Will they be League Champions.???

Postby stroud green » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:42 am

Although winning at St Nic's should be enough to win the league, Exeter City are also still in the mix and should they win their next game then they too could still clinch it, although it would need us to lose one game and a GD swing of 6 goals. We would still welcome everyone's support next week to cheer the ladies on.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Just to correct rallyrover's good intentions, St Nicks play FAWPL games at Yate Town FC and not at their home ground.
So for any fans who wish to make their own way, directions as follows:

Yate Town FC

Lodge Road,

Yate,

Bristol,

BS37 7LE

Tel: 01454 228103

Directions to ground:

From the North: leave M5 (South) at Junction 14, B4509/B4060 to Chipping Sodbury. Turn right at Chipping Sodbury High Street, down Bowling Hill. Turn right at first small roundabout just before large Tesco (on the left), into Goose Green Way, through lights and over one roundabout and then two sets of lights turning right at the second set of lights (Fox Public House on your right) then immediately left into Lodge Road - ground is 200 metres on right!

From the East - leave M4 at Junction 18, enter Yate on A432 via Chipping Sodbury by-pass.
Turn right at roundabout (just before large Tesco) then as above!
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:12 pm

How did the Ladies get on today ?
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby sokey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:37 am

Ladies won 7-0
sokey
Trainee
Trainee

Postby stroud green » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

I could have gone to Wembley today and photographed the FA Trophy, but decided against it and went to the Ladies penultimate game of the season at Yate football club in their league game against St Nicholas. I was not disappointed.
Forest Green Rovers Ladies are nearly there. 7-0 winners at St Nicholas LFC this afternoon.
1st half goals from Naomi Marshall, Ella Hitchcock, Charlotte King & Ellie Olds gave Rovers ladies a commanding half time lead.
In difficult conditions Rovers continued their dominance in the 2nd period and added 3 more from Sophie Okey and a Brace from substitute Annie Martin.
At the full time whistle and everybody glued to their phones awaiting news from Chichester, it finally trickled through that Exeter City had won 2-1. With a goal difference of +12, we go into the last game of the league season away to Chichester with only a defeat and a huge goal swing to rob us of the championship.

We are running a coach to Chichester next Sunday. If anyone would like to come and see hopefully the ladies win the championship, please contact me on 07767822622. Price is only £5.

Match photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/62443160@ ... 218722509/
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners Jnr » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:26 pm

How odd, two teams wearing Green playing each other. I wonder how many misplaced passes or incorrect decisions were down to the colour clash?
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Saltus Viridi fautoribusque est in Cestrensi comitatu

Postby stroud green » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Greeners Jnr wrote:How odd, two teams wearing Green playing each other. I wonder how many misplaced passes or incorrect decisions were down to the colour clash?

None. Hardly a clash. Totally different shades.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:38 pm

Tremendous result for the Ladies, just one game to go, you can do it girls.

I would love to have gone but due to a family commitment means I am unable to.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby Greeners Jnr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:48 pm

stroud green wrote:
Greeners Jnr wrote:How odd, two teams wearing Green playing each other. I wonder how many misplaced passes or incorrect decisions were down to the colour clash?

None. Hardly a clash. Totally different shades.

If that had been 2 conference sides FGR (as the away team) would have been forced to change i believe. Maybe footieman can confirm.
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 pm

does anyone know what year/season the ladies team started -and in what league did they start?
how many promotions in how many years then ?

thanks
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:24 pm

answering part of my own question by reading official site-formed in 2002.

(official site for ladies needs updating-we are now (and ending )2014/15.

official site has tables and script talikng of 2013/14 !!
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners Jnr » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Am I right in my understanding that if our young ladies win the league they would be promoted to the FA WSL2, which is the women's equivalent of the Championship? If so I think that is a spring-summer-autumn league (like Rugby League Superleague), as that league (along with FAWSL) has just started a new season, therefore would the girls not have a competetive match until next March?
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:34 am

Greeners Jnr wrote:Am I right in my understanding that if our young ladies win the league they would be promoted to the FA WSL2, which is the women's equivalent of the Championship? If so I think that is a spring-summer-autumn league (like Rugby League Superleague), as that league (along with FAWSL) has just started a new season, therefore would the girls not have a competetive match until next March?

No. It will be the league below. The Women's Premier League Southern Division. Same as Spurs, West Ham, QPR etc
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners Jnr » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:07 am

stroud green wrote:
Greeners Jnr wrote:Am I right in my understanding that if our young ladies win the league they would be promoted to the FA WSL2, which is the women's equivalent of the Championship? If so I think that is a spring-summer-autumn league (like Rugby League Superleague), as that league (along with FAWSL) has just started a new season, therefore would the girls not have a competetive match until next March?

No. It will be the league below. The Women's Premier League Southern Division. Same as Spurs, West Ham, QPR etc

Thanks Shane, but just out of interest how does promotion/relegation work then at the next level between WPL South/North and WSL2
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:00 pm

HT Chichester LFC 0 FGR LFC 0
A tense 45 mins to come.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:05 pm

FR Chichester 2 FGRLadies 1
The winning goal come a minute from the end.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:10 pm

So, are they still Champions?
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby stroud green » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:41 pm

We are 3 Pts ahead of Exeter who play their last game at home to Cheltenham next week. They have to win and by 11 goals.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Disappointing loss today but surely Exeter won't beat Cheltenham by that many. Or are Cheltenham hopeless in that league too?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR ladies and youth Teams