FGRLFC pitchside banners

Information about our Ladies Team, Youth Team and Reserves Teams

Re: FGRLFC pitchside banners

Postby Greeners » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi
You mention long and low to go on the railings.
So how about 2 of the flags but with the extended sides 1 like that one and the other reversed so that the extensions face towards each other.
The central green strip could then be inserted all the way across between the flags and Carry the words "We are FGR Ladies" centrally on the banner.
I have mocked up what I mean but can't remove the Black square round the badge, and obviously the font and size aren't necessarily correct.

Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm

I like the idea of using the one from TNL but changing the badge crest. It provides continuity and suggests parity between the men's and women's teams.

If you are getting a second one then maybe you could be a bit more adventurous.

As said before I'd be happy to chip in.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Thu May 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Ned wrote:First flag design will hopefully be on its way to printer this week... will post final image before I order it for comment etc.

Decided on two 6' by 3' horizontal banners... will wait for the first banner to arrive and quality check before I order the second...

Any ideas for second one welcome? Currently, I am thinking this:

A St George's cross with quadrant designs something like this high quality mock up drawing... top right quadrant could just be a solid green as a throwback to the old club badge perhaps? Image

Good on you for getting this done. Can't wait to see it in situ.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Great idea. I really hope more people get behind it. Your ideas of doing videos etc will hopefully help as well.

Im going to the women's champions league final next week. Is the flag likely to be ready by then and could I take it if it is and see if we can get it on telly? I'm happy to pick up and drop back.

Or you are welcome to come along to the match yourself. Tickets are only £6 or £3 for concessions.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Thu May 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Ned wrote:You could Camel, but it won't be ready by then.

I still have to get the file, change some writing, then email off the order, and if I remember rightly, that is a one week turnaround.

Where is the game?

I should have pointed out it wasn't just for telly but also hoping other locals might see it and enquire.

I thought that might be the case Ned and thanks anyway.

The game is in Cardiff on Thursday between PSG and defending champions Lyon. (I think my facts are right).
camel
First Team
First Team

Return to FGR ladies and youth Teams