New Academy set up and 'league'

Information about our Ladies Team, Youth Team and Reserves Teams

New Academy set up and 'league'

Postby Chrisgump11 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:11 pm

This is great news and just reward for Scott's work

The competitive matches will improve the transition to the first team for talented players and quicken their development. Chris Barker was superb as left back in the B C friendly underlining his pedigree as a player.

Welcome to all the new faces. Exciting times
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: New Academy set up and 'league'

Postby stanman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Most interesting interview with Scott. All sounds just wonderful.
He always seems a very competent guy, and I wonder just how far he might progress in football in the future.

Will the games he talks about take place at TNL? Will they be open for fans to watch?
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Great to have an in depth interview ( on main site) with Scott Bartlett.

Scott had a successful managerial season with Weston, but he now has a wonderful opportunity back at FGR to take the academy to a next level. There are staff to manage, young lads to challenge and very competitive matches against established league club academies. This is one of the big benefits of our elevation to the EFL. We have already seen evidence of the progression of Scott's boys in their performances in this season's friendlies. There is huge potential for the academy lads in game time and to earn full time contracts.

The Supporters Club are keen to support Scott and the Academy through the 'Grassroots' supporters' funds. The academy will eventually be based at the club and in time use the field adjacent to the stadium belonging to Nailsworth Primary School. This will need upgrading and the club will fund this. The SC have committed to purchasing some new goals for the pitch.

There will be few downsides to the academy expansion, but one has been the need for more office space for Scott's team. Administration has to be done properly to ensure funding streams are received and academy managers will need a base. This will involve use of the old 'Legends Lounge'. It is sad that several longstanding supporters are losing their match day base, but this excellent facility has been at their disposal since the ground was built. It has been a far better hospitality area than at almost any other non-league ground. Legends Club members must now look forward to and enjoy the improved performances on the field and to enjoying the future new stadium at junction 13.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Pitchfork wrote: Legends Club members must now look forward to and enjoy the improved performances on the field and to enjoying the future new stadium at junction 13.

Speaking of which; any 'allowable to pass on' griff on the planning application for same P/F?
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Game Within » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Where will they go, B&W often closed to the public C&E really overcrowded especially when B&W is closed.
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:06 pm

The Game Within wrote:Where will they go, B&W often closed to the public C&E really overcrowded especially when B&W is closed.

Legends Club members have been offered the far end of the B&W - I suspect it will not be closed off this season and other supporters will be encouraged to venture in there to take pressure off the CE
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Game Within » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 pm

That's good news Pitchfork.
The Game Within
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Great Dane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:07 pm

suspect is a funny word it either will be open or not
And what about Danes networking event where so many sit drinking coffee not even watching the game when many fans are forced into a very crowded hot C/E suit
If Dane can come on the site and give fans a list if any when the b/w will be shut to the proper supporter that would be great
Great Dane
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Great Dane wrote:suspect is a funny word it either will be open or not

Hi Great Dane, I used the word 'suspect' because I get the impression it will be open for all supporters. If I knew it would have been available for certain I wouldn't have used the word.

I'm sure Dane will come on the site and give the definitive answer, but he has a long list of other issues to sort out at the present time.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Great Dane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Out of interest what's the capacity of the C/E my guess it's way over on most occasions
Great Dane
First Team
First Team

Postby Great Dane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Thanks for the reply but it takes seconds to post on here
Even more important now with the legends now shut
Will the Ambassadors be having it for there days like last season ??
Will there be networking events ??
We did ask Dane many times last season for lists but nothing came
i expect that will not change this season
Let's hope it's open all season
Great Dane
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Great Dane wrote:Will the Ambassadors be having it for there days like last season ??

No, as far as I am concerned, the ambassadors will not have any privileged use of the B&W for their special games this season.

I 'suspect' the suite may be requisitioned for the 'free shirts for 7 year olds' match in the autumn. This is an occasion when hundreds of families new to FGR see the stadium for the first time. It would seem logical to use this space.

I will leave the stadium manager to give the definitive answer nearer the time.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:59 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR ladies and youth Teams