September Predictions

Guess the correct results, scores and attendances for Rovers!

Re: September Predictions

Postby Tommo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:54 am

I'm ok with the supporter number predictions but think the scorer prediction is a bit of a waste of time - I always just predict Doidge since he is the one most likely to. I'm not sure why we have two prediction competitions now - I suppose the only difference is only one raises money for the club.

I'm certainly glad we have the Prediction Competition. Thanks for doing it.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:47 am

Well done for keeping this going OTC, it has certainly saved me a lot of work this season

Gate predictions used to be easier to predict in the past, this year most of us are way off, which may be leading some to think they are a waste of time.

Personally I think crowds useful focus for fans, as they do matter - I'm pleased my 3000 will probably be way under for Swindon. Perhaps next season we will be more accurate? But it's your competition now!

As for scorers, I'm not that keen as it is pure luck
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:35 am

Tommo wrote:I'm ok with the supporter number predictions but think the scorer prediction is a bit of a waste of time - I always just predict Doidge since he is the one most likely to. [color=#FF0000]I'm not sure why we have two prediction competitions now[/color] - I suppose the only difference is only one raises money for the club.

I'm certainly glad we have the Prediction Competition. Thanks for doing it.

Pitchfork's competition has been going for many a year and does raise money that is put back variously into club.
That is why I volunteered to carry it on.

I started the other Prediction competition because I was fed up reading incorrect bullshine posts about games earlier in season. It started with me putting up league table and results alongside it. As a consequence it also allows opinions on forthcoming game to be expressed on one thread.
But I totally agree it's daft having two almost identical prediction leagues running together.

That is why next season Pitchfork's competition will be updated and altered. [It would be unfair to change format mid-season.]
I intend to just have WIN, LOSS or DRAW options combined with an optional Joker that can double scores while also retaining attendance figures and goalscorers.
Basically it would address issue that Pitchfork referred to when trying to forecast exact results a month in advance.
Hopefully the new game will still keep the element of competition between us which is reason why I like to play it.

Seems like attendance figures are popular with some, so they will remain.
Yes Doidge is currently most popular nominated goalscorer but as season progresses others will emerge. That is when the 'either or' option emerges. It is generally popular because other clubs use nominated goalscorers in their competitions.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am

The Old TomCat wrote: It started with me putting up league table and results alongside it.

That is definitely still very useful. Thanks
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:30 pm

I like having a guess at the attendances but feel the points awarded are too high compared to the points awarded for the actual result. This is what the competition is for, the highest points should be for the correct result.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 pm

John Whiffen wrote:I like having a guess at the attendances but feel the points awarded are too high compared to the points awarded for the actual result. This is what the competition is for, the highest points should be for the correct result.

Thanks John, I will bear that in mind next season with new format.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am

FGR 0-2 Swindon
Attendance 3305

Well done to Tommo & smertens07929 [plus Candy] who both picked up points from game result and attendance figures.
Table below: Green [1st column] for game, Red [3rd column] season.

The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby onlineracingclub » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 am

Will October be up soon? I tend to forget to predict sometimes.
RECOGNIZE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, THEN DO IT. THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE
onlineracingclub
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:53 am

onlineracingclub wrote:Will October be up soon? I tend to forget to predict sometimes.

I'll get it up tomorrow - bit busy today as travelling to Cambridge this afternoon. :D
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Cotswold farmer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 am

FGR 1-3 AS 2210
Cotswold farmer
Youth
Youth

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 am

CURRENT TABLES & FORECAST v ACCRINGTON STANLEY

Congrats to:
Tommo, onlineracingclub, Silver Surfer & Greeners Jnr
who all scored points on the Cambridge result.[red column] plus of course VoodooBluesMan who I missed highlighting.

Those points for Tommo leaves him a point clear of pack in Monthly table [blue column] but interesting is that he has the game v Accrington down as a 1-1 draw [green columns] while Pitchfork, a point behind, has it down as a 3-1 home win.

Pitchfork, with 43 points retains his lead for season's top score [purple column]
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 am

Greeners Jnr wrote:On the Burnley one I do the attendance prediction is just the away support!

Are these numbers for away support at Burnley or Burnley's away support?
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners Jnr » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:01 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Greeners Jnr wrote:On the Burnley one I do the attendance prediction is just the away support!

Are these numbers for away support at Burnley or Burnley's away support?

Away support at Turf and Burnley fans at away games.
Geronimo!!!!!!!
Greeners Jnr
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: Saltus Viridi fautoribusque est in Cestrensi comitatu

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:18 pm

FGR 0-1 Accrington
Attendance: 2594

Congrats to Tommo who won Pitchfork's monthly competition for September with 20 pts. [£20]
Also well done to Pitchfork & RedUnited who share 2nd & 3rd place with 19 pts each. [£7.50p each]

11 Predictas picked up points on last game of month with Sparky securing best score with 6 points.
And after 11 games over two months, TimB has managed to move off bottom spot with one point from a near attendance score.

Pitchfork remains in top spot with best score of 43 points in total season's score.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:19 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:And after 11 games over two months, TimB has managed to move off bottom spot with one point from a near attendance score.

That's because I joined!
:lol:
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:And after 11 games over two months, TimB has managed to move off bottom spot with one point from a near attendance score.

That's because I joined!
:lol:

:D :D :D
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to Pitchfork's Prediction Competition