QUIZ NIGHT FRIDAY 18 NOVEMBER

Supporter Club News for Members New & Old

QUIZ NIGHT FRIDAY 18 NOVEMBER

Postby Timb » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:21 pm

We're having a quiz night on Friday 18 November in the Carol Embrey Suite, the night before we play Lincoln City on tplease he TV at TNL.

Tickets are £5 a head and teams of up to 4 people.

Doors open at 7pm and the quiz starts at 8.

Food and nibbles will be on offer.

We'll be selling tickets from next Saturdays game v Dagenham and Redbridge.

Please put the date in your diary and get a team together. There will be more than just a first team prize.

we will be sharing all profits with FGR Ladies 50-50 and they certainly need financial support.

Joycie will be quiz master.

Don't forget to spread the word and get a team together. And brush up on FGR history as well as general knowledge.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: QUIZ NIGHT FRIDAY 18 NOVEMBER

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Its now just under 2 weeks till the quiz night.

We've sold around 80 tickets so far so it should be a good evening out. Its the Friday evening before the Lincoln game on TV.

After some requests, teams can be up to 6 people, not 4 as advertised previously.

Also a number of people have bought single tickets and we will be putting together teams on the night.

Yesterday was the last home match before the quiz night and thanks to all who have bought tickets so far.

They are still on sale and will be at Macclesfield for anyone travelling who hasn't got a ticket yet, and we will be putting some at reception for the next 10 days as well if anyone wants to call in.

Its a joint fund raiser with FGR Ladies and your support will be greatly appreciated.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Question: What will be the range of questions?
Will they be predominantly football/FGR or more wide ranging.

The reason I ask is because I have family interested who have good general knowledge but know little about football and nothing about FGR.

Also the teams who enter have been upped to allow six players, but my 13-year-old grandson wants to be part of our team and that would make us team of 7!
Is this exception possible?
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:39 pm

General Knowledge... And maybe the odd FGR question.

Only Joycie Knows....
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Quite frankly Tom, it's a fundraiser and I personally would have no objection to a 13 year old 7th member of your team. I'll check it out.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Don't worry Tim, I'm on his team, which gives him a handicap!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby King George » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Great work Timb, an absolute credit to the club
King George
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Double Glazier » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Quiz Night – Friday 18th November – Carol Embrey Suite

• Bar opens at 7:00pm. Quiz starts at 8:00pm.

• Over 100 tickets sold so far, but room for plenty more, it will be a good evening.

• Tickets now on sale at reception at FGR, and will also be available on the door on the night.

• Tickets only £5 per person.

• Event open to all – FGR Supporters Club members and non-members.

• Cash bar, free food.

• Food - Mediterranean nibbles and dips, including hummus, aubergine, red pepper, with Falafel and pickles and a selection of breads.

• Stroud Brewery real ale will be on tap.

• Quiz Master – Rich Joyce.

• Teams of up to 6 people. Scratch teams being put together on the night so you don’t have to raise a full team.

• Prizes.

• The evening will help raise funds for the FGR Ladies Teams, some of who will be present.

Come along and test your knowledge for a great night out, bring your friends and family.
Double Glazier
Youth
Youth

Postby Timb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Firstly a big thank you to Quiz Master Rich Joyce for making Friday Nights quiz Night a success.

110 people came along on the night and a big thanks to you as well.

All in all, the night raised almost £900 which isn't bad going.

FGR Ladies will receive a cheque from the Supporters Club for £445 as their 50% share towards their funds.

We did our own catering for the first time and that was a learning experience.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

This was our second event, the first being our race night. We didn't quite get that right and didn't sell tickets in advance until the last minute and it was poorly attended as a result.

If we have another Race Night we will definitely be asking if you could buy tickets in advance. Having a decent number of people on the night is what makes the evening enjoyable. Thanks once again for coming along.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Timb, thanks to you and everyone else for a great evening.

Really enjoyed ourselves and looking forward to the next one!
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whitestripe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:38 pm

I totally agree that the Quiz Night was a great success and a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
It was good to see so many turn up on the night.

Thanks to all concerned for organising the event and looking forward to the next Quiz Night.

You ask for feedback regarding the food on the night (no pun intended)
I appreciate both the facts that the supporters club prepared the food themselves and also the fact that the club is now vegan. To be honest I was not overly impressed with the food. It didn't help not knowing what most of it was.
Is there any chance of next time as well as vegan food you also including the bread and cheese ploughman's supper we used to get at events in the past. I did not attend the Race Night in October because I am not a lover of the curry which was scheduled as the supper on that night and when I asked I was told there was no alternative food available on the night. By making a wider choice of food available maybe more would attend. I expect to get strong replys for my comments but you did ask for feedback on the food. Has the fact that now the club is vegan (and by the way we always enjoy a vegan meal at the club before matches) but is it club ruling that no food other than vegan food to be served up at such events. If so I fully understand.

I echo my earlier comments that it was a splendid effort by all concerned in arranging such an enjoyable and successful event.
whitestripe
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:07 am

Thanks for the response to the request for feedback white stripe. I will answer on behalf of the SC.

The club is vegan and as such all hiring organisations have to abide by the food guidelines. Cheese would not be permitted so a 'Ploughman's' would not be possible.

The SC tried to offer a variety of dips that were vegan and cost effective. They were home made and vegetable based. The intention was to provide menu cards, but we ran out of time so this was not done. I accept this was a shame as everyone had no idea what they were eating.

We appreciate the positive comments and will try to keep working on the food to try and appease those that would not eat vegan through choice.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks Ned, all looks great, will pass on info. to the SC
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to Supporters Club