QUIZ NIGHT FRIDAY 21 APRIL

Supporter Club News for Members New & Old

QUIZ NIGHT FRIDAY 21 APRIL

Postby Timb » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Its a week after our game against Chester on Good Friday, on Friday 21st April (the night before we play Maidstone United for our last scheduled home game of the season).

After our successful quiz earlier in the season we are holding it with FGR Ladies again, who hope to be able to show everybody their Champions Trophy.

All money raised will be shared 50-50 with FGRLFC. Last time about 115 people attended and we raised £500 for FGR Ladies – it would be nice to better that this time.

It costs £5 per person including food and is held in the Carol Embrey with a cash bar. Up to 6 people per team. Tickets are now on sale and will be available at the Chester match.

We are self-catering again at the Quiz Night and hope to have veggie chilli and baked potatoes. The chilli will be gluten free.

Please come along for a good night's entertainment, and to help raise funds for the Supporters Club and FGR Ladies.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: QUIZ NIGHT FRIDAY 21 APRIL

Postby camel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 am

I'm not sure whether i can get a team together on that date. Is there anyone else in a similar position who would fancy joining forces? I warn you now I'm pretty useless at quizzes...
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:35 pm

camel wrote:I'm not sure whether i can get a team together on that date. Is there anyone else in a similar position who would fancy joining forces? I warn you now I'm pretty useless at quizzes...

Hi Camel

Fans often come on their own, in twos or threes and join up with others to make a 4,5 or 6.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks Pitchfork. I'll see if i can get a ticket and come and join in. I havent been to any of these events and it will be nice to get down and meet some new people who share my love of FGR.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:57 am

What time does it start Tim?
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Double Glazier » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:48 am

Reminder of the Quiz Night Friday 21st April in the Carol Embrey.

Doors Open 7:00pm. Quiz Starts at 8:00pm.

Profits will be split 50:50 between FGR Ladies and the Supporters Club, and FGR Ladies will be showing off their trophies.

We have sold over 80 tickets in advance – that is more than we had last time at this stage when we end up with around 100 for a great night.

Don’t worry if you haven’t already bought tickets you can pay on the night, and if you’re coming on your own or as a couple don’t worry, there will be plenty of people to team up with.

It is £5 per person including food, which will be veggie chilli with baked potato and bread. The chilli is gluten free, after feedback from our last quiz night about offering a gluten free option.

If you are not keen on chilli there is an alternative of baked beans, and a few accompaniments as well.

It is teams of up to 6 – not too strictly adhered to if you are bringing kids or grand-kids along.

There will be a raffle with wine, chocolates etc. as prizes so please bring some £1 coins along; it’s a fundraiser !
Double Glazier
Youth
Youth

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks to all for another bumper attendance at the Supporters' Club Quiz Night....the evening raised a considerable amount of money ( sum to be confirmed later) and all appeared to enjoy the evening's questions ( thanks to Joycie), food and the Heads & Tails game led by Bob Hunt.

There was even a rendition of 'Is this the way to Amarillo' by our compere!

Another quiz night will be held in the autumn, keep yourselves posted by doing the Supporters' Club - forms at Reception
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to Supporters Club