Creating a better atmosphere

All about our First Team

Re: Creating a better atmosphere

Postby Foggy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm

If I am totally honest here, I would much rather sit where I am now, I have been in the same seat for several seasons and enjoy the company of those around me who are almost all season ticket holders. I don't think we have too much to worry about next season as the Main Stand, which is really the one we are talking about here, should be far fuller and that will help songs to spread and should help create a better atmosphere. This was definitely the case towards the end of last season, when it was as good as I can remember.

I think the key here, rather than trying to corral the singers in one area, is for us to remain where we are and try to enlist or encourage those around us to join in. When the drum gets going in the South Stand there are quite a few in the Main who do join in, perhaps the key is for the drum to be hit longer and more often!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Football Poets » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Foggy wrote:If I am totally honest here, I would much rather sit where I am now, I have been in the same seat for several seasons and enjoy the company of those around me who are almost all season ticket holders. I don't think we have too much to worry about next season as the Main Stand, which is really the one we are talking about here, should be far fuller and that will help songs to spread and should help create a better atmosphere. This was definitely the case towards the end of last season, when it was as good as I can remember.

I think the key here, rather than trying to corral the singers in one area, is for us to remain where we are and try to enlist or encourage those around us to join in. When the drum gets going in the South Stand there are quite a few in the Main who do join in, perhaps the key is for the drum to be hit longer and more often!

NO PROBLEM FOGGY ..just trying to ascertain response from everyone ...totally understood...have private messaged all those mentioned ...
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby John Whiffen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17 pm

[quote="Foggy"]When the drum gets going in the South Stand there are quite a few in the Main who do join in, perhaps the key is for the drum to be hit longer and more often![/quote)

Exactly Foggy, I've asked time and time again for the drum to be played longer when chants such as "ROVERS" clap, clap, clap, are performed. It takes a few seconds to register the drum in the main stand, we just start chanting but it then stops.

Fingers crossed this time.
John Whiffen
First Team
First Team

Postby Football Poets » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:39 pm

John Whiffen wrote:
Foggy wrote:When the drum gets going in the South Stand there are quite a few in the Main who do join in, perhaps the key is for the drum to be hit longer and more often![/quote)

Exactly Foggy, I've asked time and time again for the drum to be played longer when chants such as "ROVERS" clap, clap, clap, are performed. It takes a few seconds to register the drum in the main stand, we just start chanting but it then stops.

Fingers crossed this time.

Ok John/Foggy...The South Stand drummer and the guys are in their own 'zone', and I just drum along with them ..
but I'll be nearer to the East Stand (when I'm there) and will try to keep my drum going longer after they stop..

on the "clap clap/clap clap clap/clap clap clap clap Rover" chant..and also the " Rovers clap clap clap " one..
assuming that's the two you mean (?) . !
FOOTBALL POETS
"The only know collective of football poets in the World" Today BBC Radio 4.
Archived by the British Library with 16000 football poems published.
http://footballpoets.org
Football Poets
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Chrisgump11 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:59 pm

My secret weapon are my 'loud' gloves. Ear bleeding volume when clapped. No secret any more I guess? Bigger crowds & enthusiasm - the rest will follow naturally
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:16 pm

I see Wrexham fans are crowdfunding some new drums and flags.

Something to think about?
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 am

Chrisgump11 wrote:My secret weapon are my 'loud' gloves. Ear bleeding volume when clapped. No secret any more I guess? Bigger crowds & enthusiasm - the rest will follow naturally

Haha - yes I have some of those too - leather rather than wool mitss are the business!
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am

England cricket's Barmy Army has a chap who plays the trumpet solo - really good - and gets the crowd going.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am

GETCARTER wrote:England cricket's Barmy Army has a chap who plays the trumpet solo - really good - and gets the crowd going.

Not a fan of trumpets, don't go with football crowds at all imo. Cricket crowds are a completely different type of atmosphere. Too many instruments drown out the crowd, you want to be able to banter with opposition fans not just have continuous noise.

We just need to keep the drums going and get more people singing.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Bring back the VAVUSULAS! :lol:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Bring back the VAVUSULAS! :lol:

... and the vuvuzelas as well.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Ah yes S/M. :oops: Got me on that one, although I was thinking about the latest, loudest model. The Va-Va-Voom Vuvusala. :lol:
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Maybe I could blow through my ear trumpet Fartvs?
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm

;)
Chrisgump11 wrote:Maybe I could blow through my ear trumpet Fartvs?

I was thinking that a free issue of Vuvusulas for the East Stand would be a worthy punt for the Club to generate more noise than we normally do. Hand 'em in at the end of the game and collect on re-entry for the next,

Thinking back to my poetic effort re Willy Wordy and that bloody steep Nympsfield hill climb, "A crowd of oldies gasping for air and taking pills", free issue to the South Stand (now North?) lads would be more appropriate.

Save your breath there old chap. Nudge, nudge, ;) ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 pm

I've got one of those - shall i bring it to the Barnet game - East Stand G29 +30 SEATS?.
GETCARTER
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm

YES!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby redrobin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 pm

that's a difficult one
... you,ll be outnumbered at most games and outsung at all the games.
best bet is to get rent a crowd, could prove costly tho
can't beat a good rib - eye !
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Postby TheFarmcotian » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 am

I am not a violent man - in fact one of the the least violent men on the planet. But if I see or hear a vuvuzela.......... They ruined the South Africa World Cup for me and they would ruin my season more than being relegated!
Time is but an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.
TheFarmcotian
First Team
First Team

Postby camel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:18 am

TheFarmcotian wrote:I am not a violent man - in fact one of the the least violent men on the planet. But if I see or hear a vuvuzela.......... They ruined the South Africa World Cup for me and they would ruin my season more than being relegated!

Perhaps Dale would prefer to install bee hives on the roof of East Stand. Same impact on atmosphere, but with added eco benefits.

Buzzzz....
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby mauler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Beehive yourself!

BTW Red Robin - looking forward to looking down on CT in the league!
mauler
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team