Brown set for huddersfield

All about our First Team

Re: Brown set for huddersfield

Postby FGRinUSA » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 pm

GreenMachine wrote:If the club had any ambition they would double his wages and sign him !!!

Worried about next season now, we should be looking to finish up the table, not down it.

Players have ambition too. Hard to deny a player a move that puts him one step away from the Premier League.

Reece Brown was the best player for FGR in the club’s best season, best of luck at Huddersfield!
FGRinUSA
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SNJ Ash » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:18 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:07 pm

FGRinUSA wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:If the club had any ambition they would double his wages and sign him !!!

Worried about next season now, we should be looking to finish up the table, not down

How do you know the club didn't?Coops said more than once that they did everything they could to keep him here,the fact he turned down a new contract at xmas tells you he had his sights on going higher.The club have also said they won't stand in a players way if he was offered a chance at a much higher club.
Im not worried about this season,we lost Doidge our top scorer for 2 years at xmas and coped fine without him.Players come and go,its how the team play together that is important
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:49 pm

I don't blame him at all. If we'd not bottled promotion this year and he still chose to leave I'd be disappointed - but we did and he's better then league 2. He's got the opportunity and should do it. If only he'd been on a contract that went on a little longer... Oh well.

Good luck to him!
Dougal
Reserves
Reserves

Postby lovejoy2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 am

Norton Boy wrote:Wouldn't have thought we would get one at all as we aren't selling him,he is going on a free and it is just compensation because he is under 24 we are entitled too

A sell on clause is pretty standard in any deal even a compensation one. Especially as it’s an agreed deal not a tribunal
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:37 am

Congratulations on a great move Reece and thanks for some fantastic memories. I'm sure you will be playing at the top level before long. Looking forward to following your progress

I don't think any one player can replace Reece. It is about all 11 pushing on and moving the ball quickly & effectively. When Chris Doidge left last August, Rovers scored more goals from more contributing players who 'stepped up to the plate'.

Hopefully, Rovers can progress again this season, as they have with every season under Mark Cooper. Yet it would be understandable if we trod water. I hope supporters are patient with what was a young side last year, and even younger this.

Clearly, in a bigger pool, big name signings will be rare, but under Dale & Coops the Club is being steered in the direction of youth & skill from the youngest levels to the 1st team squad. That is an important step towards sustainability and will favour us in obtaining loan deals when needed and make us an attractive Club to start a career.
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:41 pm

Agree with all that. Well done and thanks Reece. The best midfield player at FGR ever I think but just a pity it was just for a little over a season. His development over the last two years shows the way to Ebou and Williams.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NeilC » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Tommo wrote:Agree with all that. Well done and thanks Reece. The best midfield player at FGR ever I think but just a pity it was just for a little over a season. His development over the last two years shows the way to Ebou and Williams.

I completely agree he’s the most talented midfielder I’ve ever seen in a FGR shirt/ over a long time!
We shouldn’t forget for all his talent and MC’s faith it took sometime last season to find his niche position- as I recall he was at times played as the deepest midfielder. When he ‘found’ the free/advanced role he was at times majestic. Hopefully he will get similar opportunity at HT
NeilC
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:48 pm

i agree with everything that has been said and written about him.

can't praise him highly enough for last season in EFL2.

I do wonder whther he will be physically strong enough in the championship though,which is another two notches up in strength and pace from EFL2 ,and at 23 whether he has now physically peaked .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DominicH » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Reece was magnificient last season.

The one performance (among others) that really really stood out for me was the goal that he scored in the final 30 seconds of the away game at Port Vale - and what he did before even before he ran with the ball almost the full length of the pitch to score. Never have I left a football match more delighted - it was a thing of beauty and great skill.

I hope he gets to play often and well for Huddersfield. It's a big leap up from League 2 to the Championship, and I hope he's got what it takes to succeed there, as he did here.
DominicH
Youth
Youth

Postby stanman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:13 pm

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-stance-loaning-out-16504943

Wot ?? Could he be loaned back? It would seem most unlikely to me.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:55 pm

:roll: I'm not sure Ash could have done better with this one :shock:

I thought it was July tomorrow., not April :lol:
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:47 am

Last paragraph in report:
"But our sources close to Town - who paid compensation believed to be around £130,000 for the player because of his age (under 24) - say any suggestion of him being loaned away from the John Smith's Stadium are wide of the mark."
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 am

perhaps of more significance is this article (if correct ) confirming that there is a sell on clause :

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-16465019
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:43 am

We’d have got nearer a million had he been under contract but that’s the way it works and given he was at the end of his contract we seem to have got a decent compromise. I really hope Reece thrives at Huddersfield.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:54 am

And some thought he would be relieved not to have to wear zebra stripes... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49026053
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby richmond » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 am

Poor Reece, looks appropriately embarrassed running out in that awful and inappropriate shirt.

Good though to see his getting game time.
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby man_of_kent » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am

Nah. Just going to be a marketing stunt with no real intention to use.
man_of_kent
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby richmond » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 am

Hmm in this age of diminishing values not sure you are right MofK. Happy to be proved wrong, for RB's sake!
Richmond
richmond
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Eco-Exile » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 am

The shirt contravenes FA/FL regulations on sponsor logo size and position so they will be made to change it for proper games.

Nothing to stop them wearing it in pre-season training sessions (which is what I refer to friendlies as).
Eco-Exile
Reserves
Reserves

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team