we've got an exciting week

All about our First Team

Re: we've got an exciting week

Postby paulK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:25 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:It must be the new Doctor Who themed kit!

Nice. Also reminds me a bit of a spiders nest. Draw then in, chew them up and spit them out ;)
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Bristol_Green
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Out of interest, who at the club actually designs our kits?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bronco » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:05 pm

From the teasers posted so far I fear it's going to look bloomin weird
Bronco
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Some kits look just odd, this Brighton classic from the 90's looked pink from a distance, but had mind bending properties if viewed up close:

https://images.app.goo.gl/QytTfPfnRw3di9yXA
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Im all for a bit of originality,why follow the usual boring stripes or solid colour when you can have something that stands out.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:40 pm

Norton Boy wrote:Im all for a bit of originality,why follow the usual boring stripes or solid colour when you can have something that stands out.

Original and good are not necessarily the same thing though.

Favourite FGR shirts that I own are the errea ones we wore circa 2002. Black and white and 'boring' maybe, but still looked nice imo. Also liked the Umbro kit around 2008.

Not writing this off btw, some of our green kits have been ok. The Hummel designs last year looked decent, shame we couldn't replicate them.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Still waiting to be excited. Would have loved to see what Hummel could have come up with. Maybe it will be tie dye like my early 90’s Nirvana tops.

Back to the football. Next 2 signings need to be giants else we will concede sackful of set pieces. Will Pinnock money be invested into the team?

Wonder if any fan concerns have been seen to such as; gym bar access to north and south standers, green man access at half time, better turnstile/ ticketing system, greater transparency of using others season tickets, better protection for north standers from away fans, stewarding concerns.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Ninja Hamster » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Camouflage so defences can't see us coming. Our pass completed ratio might go down though.
The problem with options is that other people have them
Ninja Hamster
Youth
Youth

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:45 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Still waiting to be excited.

Wonder if any fan concerns have been seen to such as; gym bar access to north and south standers, green man access at half time, better turnstile/ ticketing system, greater transparency of using others season tickets, better protection for north standers from away fans, stewarding concerns.

Oh dear! Should be a new book to counter the "Something to shout about". Perhaps "Something to moan about" :?:

Be thankful that we are where we are at this moment.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:07 pm

True, we are in a great place. Just got to keep pushing things forward at TNL whilst new stadium on the back burner. It is not a moan, just an observation where we can improve. We are all in this together. To stand still ,we stagnate. Lets strive to improve on and off the pitch. Keep fans new and old happy we improve fan base and less “incidents” happening.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:36 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:True, we are in a great place. Just got to keep pushing things forward at TNL whilst new stadium on the back burner. It is not a moan, just an observation where we can improve. We are all in this together. To stand still ,we stagnate. Lets strive to improve on and off the pitch. Keep fans new and old happy we improve fan base and less “incidents” happening.

Isn't there a meeting between the CEO and representatives of each of the stands coming up soon? Should be a good chance to discuss improvements.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 am

I think the hints so far suggest it will be a great look this year. Certainly better than this: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -king/amp/
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:08 am

Oh dear...Stevenage players are going to work for a fast food chain! Sea Shepherd and 3 stars goodbye, hello Burger King for Diggers.

It really will be Veggies v Meat in mid September...making mincemeat of them comes to mind!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:13 am

Tommo wrote:I think the hints so far suggest it will be a great look this year. Certainly better than this: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -king/amp/

Football supporters are certainly having fun at Stevenage's new kit and that includes their own players.
But the laugh could be on us. Stevenage are recruiting well, which the Burger King sponsorship helps, and their odds for promotion have dropped.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 am

for the few of us who don't get all of their excitement from football kits ,i hope there is some other news to get my juices flowing.

Still 3 days left but my promised exciting week, is probably lingering at a lowly 3 out of 10 at the moment.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 am

I'm with you Michael. As we head toward the end of the week I'm ubderwelmed at the level of excitement promised.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:16 am

Looks like the new kit reveal will be at Friday's FGR academy game with Brimscombe & Thrupp.
Bristol_Green
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:42 am

michael wrote:for the few of us who don't get all of their excitement from football kits ,i hope there is some other news to get my juices flowing.

Still 3 days left but my promised exciting week, is probably lingering at a lowly 3 out of 10 at the moment.

I would say that without having any matches, a week where a club makes a pretty big signing, appoints a high quality former PL coach and launches a new kit is at least a 6/10 surely? Not sure what more people can realistically expect.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:45 am

OK-shall we meet in the middle and apply an excitement quotient of 4 so far ,albeit the kit launch is yet to come .
for some that will raise the excitement level through the ceiling.For me-maybe just half a point.
half an excitement point lost with Digby leaving

A bit disappointed no vegan recipes this week-that definitely would gain a full excitement point from me,and if its a pudding with vegan custard-1.5 points
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team