FGR dazzles with world’s first bamboo football kit

All about our First Team

Re: FGR dazzles with world’s first bamboo football kit

Postby michael » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Having seen the new kit today ,i was mighty relieved that the socks this season are the same shade of green as the shirts and shorts .

even more exciting was that some of the players were wearing the same florescent green coloured player layer underwear .

for those of us of a certain age and build (and looking around its a lot ) who do not look good in football shirts ,i did wonder whether the club was going to retail FGR underpants ,where one wear ones colours in a more discreet fashion.
indeed -subtle placing of the black zedbra stripes could save embarrassment for anyone with IBS

I also wondered whether the FGR 'pants' would be available in a ladies range ,which would probably be available in a high line ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby View From The Pitch » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:01 pm

Is it just me who prefers the 3rd kit to the home and away shirt. I don’t see why a team in League 2 need 3 shirts but hey ho. I only wish the blue was our 2nd as I would like to see that at away games where we change out shirt.
. Goals are dreams with deadlines.
.Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
.Goals are not only absolutely necesary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us and dreams alive.
View From The Pitch
First Team
First Team

Postby paulK » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:53 pm

View From The Pitch wrote:Is it just me who prefers the 3rd kit to the home and away shirt. I don’t see why a team in League 2 need 3 shirts but hey ho. I only wish the blue was our 2nd as I would like to see that at away games where we change out shirt.

I take your point and think the new kit really impressive. Far more so than the new scarves which are somewhat bland and devoid of character/imagination IMO.

However, it should be remembered that before the change to green the kit was black and white stripes for many many seasons. The black in our kit pays homage to that and, as a traditionalist, long may that be the case.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby biggazza » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 pm

With Plymouth the only other team we are likely to face wearing green it begs the question do we actually need a second kit let alone a third. Season before last when we hosted Yeovil, both teams played in their green kits with no issue distinguishing them.
biggazza
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:41 am

like it or loathe it (i like ) would most agree that looking at the clips of last seasons games/kit ,that this seasons Zebra kit is a 'cut above' on many levels.

(and many thanks to FGR as it has taken me 60 years to discover that Zebra is spelt without a D
For 60 years i have been spelling it zedbra.
i blame the skools for my stupidness )

(that given-i still like the turquoise from first couple of months )
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:29 am

Hi
michael wrote:(and many thanks to FGR as it has taken me 60 years to discover that Zebra is spelt without a D

Michael I think this where you got the D from.
Americans seem to think the first letter is Zeeeeee while we of course know it is Zed
Some people think Chimlies carry smoke away from fires, yet others influenced by the well known "Mockney" Dick Van Dyke think they are "Chiminies".
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby greenstripe » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 am

michael wrote:like it or loathe it (i like ) would most agree that looking at the clips of last seasons games/kit ,that this seasons Zebra kit is a 'cut above' on many levels.

(and many thanks to FGR as it has taken me 60 years to discover that Zebra is spelt without a D

(that given-i still like the turquoise from first couple of months )

Agree Michael, the Turquoise kit was very pleasing, I'd have been happy to live with that one perminantly. Is this seasons third kit a not towards that, all be it a slightly brighter blue? and patterned.

I do like the Zebra kit and it is a step-up from the chunky one of the last few seasons. However It does look slightly effeminate possibly!

Maybe combine the Zebra pattern with the Turquoise, and you have perfection?
Anjuna fam
greenstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team