FGR dazzles with world’s first bamboo football kit

All about our First Team

Re: FGR dazzles with world’s first bamboo football kit

Postby Ant76 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:17 pm

I really like it, so much more interesting than most shirts which all look similar. I’ll be buying one and wearing it proudly, and my boys will both get one too.
Ant76
Youth
Youth

Postby tommyd » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:52 pm

The best I can say is it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. Like last year I prefer the away kit.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRWill » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Very busy day launching this one. Dale has spoken to Sky Sports News, BBC and Talksport so far - we will try and share the coverage when we get a moment :mrgreen:
FGRWill
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Ant76 wrote:I really like it, so much more interesting than most shirts which all look similar. I’ll be buying one and wearing it proudly, and my boys will both get one too.

I agree. Me too I think. I am once again proud that Dale has found 'another way'
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:08 pm

What everybody has commented upon is the kit design but nothing about the bamboo.
Let me say I think it be impressive for our environmental club and will guarantee more press coverage and supporters towards FGR.
However having said that, until I can feel a shirt I'm not sure how it will suit players for 90 minutes in extreme weathers.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Yes love it too. Be bold be brave be noticed.

Well done FGR and never underestimate the value of media coverage in terms of attracting players, sponsors and fans.
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:16 pm

This is utter madness. The first one of us to have a holiday in China will hunted down by frenzied Pandas before they’ve even stepped off the plane.

I’m sure the strikers will like it though. Bamboo shoots after all.
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Jovial Forester » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:56 pm

TreeHugger wrote:This is utter madness. The first one of us to have a holiday in China will hunted down by frenzied Pandas before they’ve even stepped off the plane.

I’m sure the strikers will like it though. Bamboo shoots after all.

I'm living in China now and have a stand of bamboo like in the photo by me front gate :D Lot better than I was expecting when they hinted at an animal print.
The Jovial Forester
First Team
First Team

Postby DARTH » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:14 pm

At least, we can now ' bamboozle ' the opposition !!
DARTH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:23 pm

And green and black matching Meggins for the winter.

Visit club shop? ;)

Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:What everybody has commented upon is the kit design but nothing about the bamboo.
Let me say I think it be impressive for our environmental club and will guarantee more press coverage and supporters towards FGR.
However having said that, until I can feel a shirt I'm not sure how it will suit players for 90 minutes in extreme weathers.

I have a few items of bamboo clothing. Socks and t-shirts. Very comfortable, soft and good for temperature regulation like merino. I will be interested to see how it stands up to the demands of elite sports physiology.

A great move by the club.

In terms of major brands who embrace sustainability and social ethos, Patagonia are the global leaders in outdoor performance gear. I think FGR should engage them for sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
Eco-Exile
Reserves
Reserves

Postby twoguns » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Firstly, I love the idea of the bamboo. I've never heard of that before as for the design it's hard to make a proper judgement as the picture only shows a front view. In the video it shows as green on green with a little black at top.

Maybe I need to look at the on line club shop for a better view. Not surprised there's huge interest in the media.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:What everybody has commented upon is the kit design but nothing about the bamboo.

I have a few items of bamboo clothing. Socks and t-shirts. Very comfortable, soft and good for temperature regulation like merino. I will be interested to see how it stands up to the demands of elite sports physiology.

A great move by the club.

In terms of major brands who embrace sustainability and social ethos, Patagonia are the global leaders in outdoor performance gear. I think FGR should engage them for sponsorship and partnership opportunities.

Patagonia make phenomenal clothing and have a fantastic ethos. Sadly I can’t afford any of their stuff!
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Charlie5football » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Like the kit but the most important who is wearing one when we start the season against Oldham. Old fashioned I might be but still prefer the black and whites stripes but appreciate time does move on.
Charlie5football
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GreenMachine » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Looks utter cack in my opinion we are going to look embarrassing next season. Would rather Forest Green get known for their footballing prowess rather than this eco warrior nonsense, though I suppose that’s never going to happen under Coopers leadership and Vinces daft proposals for wooden stadiums.
Proud supporter of Forest Green. Love the team, hate the regime.
GreenMachine
Youth
Youth

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 pm

One of my mates who served with the SAS in the far east, tells a lovely story about how they used bamboo sticks on prisoners, to make them talk.......it involved darkness and moisture..........i leave the rest to your imagination !.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:03 pm

GreenMachine wrote:Looks utter cack in my opinion we are going to look embarrassing next season. Would rather Forest Green get known for their footballing prowess rather than this eco warrior nonsense, though I suppose that’s never going to happen under Coopers leadership and Vinces daft proposals for wooden stadiums.

Good job its only your opinion then eh,just about everybody else seems to like it.I find it more embarrassing having fans like you constantly moan about every aspect of the club they claim to support.Coops has us playing beautiful football and the new ground is designed by one of the top architects in the world and Dales trying to make the club a more planet friendly concern,but you find these things embarrassing appsrently :roll:
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:04 pm

GreenMachine wrote:Looks utter cack in my opinion we are going to look embarrassing next season. Would rather Forest Green get known for their footballing prowess rather than this eco warrior nonsense, though I suppose that’s never going to happen under Coopers leadership and Vinces daft proposals for wooden stadiums.

As MC says:
There are a handful of people who will never be happy, whatever happens and whose glass is always half empty.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Not really sure if post is a wind up but suspect it genuine when author pens "Proud supporter of Forest Green. Love the team, hate the regime" under his name.
Few points worthy of reply:
# Without Mark C & Dale V it is almost certain FGR would not be a Football League club. [Think of Ady Pennock and winning first nine games of season but still not getting promoted]
# Without Dale V it is very probably that FGR could have gone out of business or at least now be playing ElGlosico matches against Shortwood or Cirencester or Brimscombe.
# With the exception of our friends at Cheltenham who have given our new kit the thumbs down, it has been generally well received by fellow football supporters.
# Being the first official Green club in the world has brought recognition to our club that is the envy of all our competitors. That recognition has also brought in decent sponsorship which will help the club move upwards.

Where GreenMachine would have been better advised to make issue is FGR's association with Sea Shepherd.
They have a very dubious history and this recent publicity could unfortunately harm FGR with its ever closer links to their chosen charity.
Last edited by The Old TomCat on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stewjackhannah » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Glass half full with me
Loving it all
stewjackhannah
Youth
Youth

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team