Pitchfork's Competition: Season 2019-20

All about our First Team

Pitchfork's Competition: Season 2019-20

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 am

PITCHFORK’S COMPETITION
SEASON 2019-20

Hi guys,

First competitive match of season is less than a month away with the visit of Oldham Athletic to TNL on Saturday 3rd August.
Once again I will be running Pitchfork’s Competition.
Entry is £10 but there will be a £10 prize for every month’s best scorer. Hopefully there will be sufficient funds for an end-of-season prize winner plus money for FGR Supporters Club.
And of course the season’s winner’s name will be added to the magnificent Colin Gardner Shield which currently stands proud in FGR Reception area.

Already there are 9 fans who have agreed to compete in this prestigious competition:
Paid in full
£10 … Fartvs
£10 … Tommo
£10 … Kenstripe
£10 ... OTC
£10 ... Pitchfork
£10 ... Greeners [Greener, Do you want me to give your £5 surplus to Supporters Club?]
Partly paid:
£7.50 … Football Poet
£7.50 … John Whiffen
£7.50 … NFR

Thanks to those names above. Support much appreciated.
I will be attending all the PSFs to accept further names and monies.
There will be no cut-off date for joining but obviously forecasts made before monies received will be void [with exception of first game of season].
A few years ago Pitchfork’s Competition had over 40 Predictas playing. It would be great to have same number paying once again.
Easiest method of paying is to put £10 with your User Name in an envelope addressed Pitchfork’s Competition and leave it with FGR Reception.
Thanks

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Rules:

Rules are same as last season with exception of 3 extra points for predicting correct score at end of normal time.

Correct result – 5 points. Zero points if wrong.
Predictas can double that score by use of a Joker should they feel ultra confident of their prediction. Although beware an incorrect Joker forecast incurs a penalty of minus 5 points.

There will be one point for every goal scored by a nominated goal scorer. If someone thinks the game will end goalless then nominate ‘none’ for a point.

I have retained the traditional much loved home attendance forecast figures:
3 points for attendance from 1 to 5
2 points for attendance from 6 to 50
One point for attendance from 51 to 150.

[Amended/corrected]

To save confusion could all forecasts include W, D or L. [That will help with away matches]

Competition includes all 1st team games except the 1st round of Check-a-Trade.

Good luck to everybody who signs up. :D
Last edited by The Old TomCat on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Pitchfork's Competition: Season 2019-20

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 am

Head Honcho has added his name to list of competitors.
Thanks HH and good luck.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:58 pm

OTC - are you attending the Salisbury away psf ?. If so, I will pay you there.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DominicH » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm in, but won't be at any of the pre-season friendlies (living just that little bit too far away, in Oxfordshire), so will pop £10 in an envelope to Reception when I come to pick up my season ticket on the day of the Oldham game.

Here's to many successes....
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby It is now » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:21 pm

Yes I’m in again. To avoid missing all the deadlines We are doing it as a family team .. the youngsters have better memories and nothing else to think about!!

We will be “It Is Now & Sons”

I’ll give you the money at the Bristol game OTC

Thanks for organising
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:37 am

Thanks guys, [Mr & Mrs Candy, Get Carter, DomH & It is Now] for signing up.
Much appreciated.
We have almost as many players as last season. :)

I will be at every FGR match, including friendlies if you need to make personal contact.

Should I run another competition I'll ensure it is free to enter. So this is everybody's last chance to win a cash prize :lol: .
Reason being is that many years ago when there was over 3 times as many supporters for game, there was plenty of surplus money to sponsor a First Team player and contribute to SC funds.
Sadly those days have gone and in actual fact latterly Mr Pitchfork was putting his hand into his own pocket to pay out prize money.
But don't despair, the magnificent Colin Gardner shield will still have all the new winner's names added.

Obviously having said that I will not be adding a Fun Players table. Only those who have paid will be entered in this season's competition.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 am

Many thanx OTC - hope to see you this Sat at Old Sarum.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Pleased to say that Chris M has joined comp.
Good luck Chris
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:01 pm

Pleased to have met more supporters at Bristol City friendly who have agreed to play competition this season.
Welcome and thanks:

Paul K paid £10
Silver Surfer paid £10
plus Mr & Mrs Candy paid £20

and Sadie has also said she will join play.

I will submit the Oldham match thread at weekend. Hopefully more will then decide to enter our annual competition.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team