New signing: Dom Bernard joins Forest Green

All about our First Team

Re: New signing: Dom Bernard joins Forest Green

Postby Timb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Yep, moved to the top and working perfectly, all 8 minutes plus.

Thanks for sorting it out. Good interview.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:37 pm

It is now wrote:Its working properly on the FGR website .. you might need to refresh the page

Really? Have used two different browsers, cleared cache and reloaded. No luck.

There is a new interview up but I still can't get the signing interview to load.

Quite frankly it looks to me like someone put the post up, realised the extremely low quality of the video (as found by Stanman) and replaced the link rather than delete the post to save us wasting our time.

OK, somewhat cynical, but that's how it appears to me :(
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:27 pm

I’ve just watched it again. On the main FGR site second item on latest news section after Port Vale Away guide ... “big interview” runs perfectly for 7mins52 secs?
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby paulK » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:49 pm

It is now wrote:I’ve just watched it again. On the main FGR site second item on latest news section after Port Vale Away guide ... “big interview” runs perfectly for 7mins52 secs?

Yes it does. The signing interview released a few days ago and the subject of this thread, sadly not.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Ah I see. the Two interviews are very similar. The one you refer to is on YouTube. The picture quality isn't great but the sound is fine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vkhmOHvFc ... fullscreen
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 pm

seems like a quality player-i am sure will provide Shephard competition.

In many ways, i am glad Shephard is still recovering as therefore not showcasing his talents to others.

i was saying at start of summer, that i thought Shephard would leave in the summer to go back to EFL1 -too good imo for this league.

-still time of course for that to happen-so hope i am wrong.

If it were-at least there is a decent replacement in Bernard
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

I thought Bernard was decent in the first half when given the opportunity to get forward but he isn't as good defensively as Shephard yet. He is strong though and that is going to be useful against the more physical EFL2 teams that play less down the flanks and with less finesse than Bristol did last night.

Bit of a shame for Godwin-M though since he looks a very similar player. Maybe he will head out on loan if Shephard gets back to fitness before the loan window shuts.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Ant76 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Tommo wrote: Bit of a shame for Godwin-M though since he looks a very similar player. Maybe he will head out on loan if Shephard gets back to fitness before the loan window shuts.

I think Godwin-Malife is seen more as an option/cover at centre back. That’s certainly how he’s been used in pre-season so far. If we’re playing a three (Rawson, M Mills, McGinley) then Godwin-Malife and Kitching are the cover in that position. I can’t see anyone leaving on loan.

I’m only guessing... time will tell.
Ant76
Youth
Youth

Previous

Return to FGR First Team