Match thread from Jeff Stadium (Yate Town)

All about our First Team

Match thread from Jeff Stadium (Yate Town)

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Tonight's team news:

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Match thread from Jeff Stadium (Yate Town)

Postby It is now » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm

Nathan McGinley has grown 2 inches during the close season !!!
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Norton Boy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Top class goal from Collins
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Dayle Grubb is a late addition to the substitutes bench for this evening’s friendly.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:40 pm

3 mins: Collins collects the ball on the edge of the box and knocks it past his man before finishing well into the right corner.

Yate 0 - 1 Forest Green Rovers

Lm
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Who’s missing Sheps, Allen, Monty anyone else?
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 pm

10 mins: Olly Mehew, The former FGR man is found in space at the left corner of the box and takes a touch inside before curling into the far corner.

Yate 1 - 1 Forest Green Rovers

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 pm

H/T: Yate Town 1 - 1 Forest Green Rovers

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 pm

57 mins: Williams: The Welshman is off the mark for the summer. He works some space for himself in a crowded box and his shot on the turn has too much power on it for Adam Forster.

Yate 1 - 2 FGR

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:49 pm

60' SUBS | Adams, Godwin-Malife, Winchester, Mondal and Grubb are on for M. Mills, Dawson, Morton, Collins and McCoulsky.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foreign Green » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Of course I haven´t seen the game overseas. So FGR might have had 30 chances to score - and Yate have utilized their only one.

But I´m always a bit worried, when these amateur sides - Yates, Shortwoods, Supermarines, Brimbscombes, You name them - score against our best defence. How can we expect to survive in L2, if we can´t keep a clean sheet against Yate Town or Swindon Supermarine?

Our scoring doesn´t make me as worried. If You can create enough chances, it´s ok. Scoring - also against lower league teams - needs always a bit luck, though prolific scorers are supposed to be prolific in any circumstances.

But defending. If You take it seriously - as I expect professionals always have to do, not depending on, who the current opponent is - a decent L2 upper half side should give these Yates, Shortwoods, Supermarines and Brimbscombes only 1-4 half-chances in a whole game. Not more and not a single goal, unless they are lucky or score a once-in-a-lifetime-thumper.

The level, the gap between leagues must be shown clearly both in bright eyes and statistics. We should let Ollie Mehew know without any doubts, why we never needed his services at this level.
Foreign Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby lovejoy2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Foreign Green wrote:Of course I haven´t seen the game overseas. So FGR might have had 30 chances to score - and Yate have utilized their only one.

But I´m always a bit worried, when these amateur sides - Yates, Shortwoods, Supermarines, Brimbscombes, You name them - score against our best defence. How can we expect to survive in L2, if we can´t keep a clean sheet against Yate Town or Swindon Supermarine?

Our scoring doesn´t make me as worried. If You can create enough chances, it´s ok. Scoring - also against lower league teams - needs always a bit luck, though prolific scorers are supposed to be prolific in any circumstances.

But defending. If You take it seriously - as I expect professionals always have to do, not depending on, who the current opponent is - a decent L2 upper half side should give these Yates, Shortwoods, Supermarines and Brimbscombes only 1-4 half-chances in a whole game. Not more and not a single goal, unless they are lucky or score a once-in-a-lifetime-thumper.

The level, the gap between leagues must be shown clearly both in bright eyes and statistics. We should let Ollie Mehew know without any doubts, why we never needed his services at this level.

Got to agree with this. Whilst pre season results often don’t reflect the real stuff it is a bit of a concern.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 pm

66 mins: Mondal: Grubb slots the ball through to McGinley who cuts back to Mondal inside the area and he finishes into the bottom right corner.

Yate 1 - 3 FGR

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 pm

76 mins: J. Mills: Joseph Mills catches the goalkeeper out as he puts his free-kick at an angle over the wall and inside the near post.

Yate 1 - 4 FGR

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 pm

78 mins: Williams: Forest Green counter through the middle and Mondal spreads the ball out to Williams on the right, who drills a low effort into bottom left corner.

Yate 1 - 5 FGR

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:11 pm

81 mins: J. Mills: Joseph Mills latches onto a ball down the left and his cross from pretty much the byline clears all and loops into the far corner of the goal.

Yate 1 - 6 FGR

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 pm

Full Time: Yate Town 1 - 6 Forest Green Rovers

Goals: Collins, Williams (2). Mondal, J. Mills (2)

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:25 pm

lovejoy2 wrote:
Foreign Green wrote:Of course I haven´t seen the game overseas. So FGR might have had 30 chances to score - and Yate have utilized their only one.

Got to agree with this. Whilst pre season results often don’t reflect the real stuff it is a bit of a concern.

It’s a preseason game to build fitness, don’t worry!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby pauljoannou » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 pm

A report from tonight's match for anyone who's interested
https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... -friendly/
pauljoannou
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 pm

pauljoannou wrote:A report from tonight's match for anyone who's interested
https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... -friendly/

Thanks for the link.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team