How many loans ?

All about our First Team

How many loans ?

Postby michael » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Like most, i imagine FGR are either at the end of ,or close to the end of permanent signings .

that given, i anticipate there will be at least two additional loans of 'development type players from champ/premiership academy sides .

I don't thing MC can help himself when it comes to getting a couple of additional young players 'on board; ( usually wide right players ) and sees himself as 'the great developer' 'who then look great in one and a half games/make a sub Carabou cup appearance ,supporters blabber on about 'potential' and then they generally fade away never to make a further appearance.
(i think we have had a few !!)
-not meant in a derogatory way to MC-just seems a bit unnecessary to me.
always seems a complete waste of everyone time,money and energy to me ;and surely just dilutes the focus on the main squad .

( as its season long loan-i count Morton as 'permanent' and not included in the above synopsis ).

than of course by the end of august a couple of the existing permanent squad who for whatever reason have not 'done enough', will be loaned out to local clubs.
A bit unfair to guess who they will be at this stage, but i suspect we will have a good idea who may go out on loan to get the proverbial 'game time' by mid august (translation of game time-not quite good enough ).

Am i being unfair/talking rubbish -or is there truth in that observation ?

all good fun and games?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: How many loans ?

Postby Norton Boy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 pm

If Charlie and Lloyd are leaving as it seems we will be down to a squad of 21 which won't leave much room for loaning out, get an injury or two or a red card and before long we will struggle to fill the bench especially when you discount the extra goalkeeper.
I would assume 1 or 2 more players will come in to be safe as we don't have the Xmas window anymore to strengthen if we need to.
I guess if Coops has his core squad and just needs some effective cover then a couple of loanees that we can get cheap from a higher club makes sense as they might not be needed if we avoid injury, but at the same time they get some game time in cup competitions
As much as we would all like 22 top class players in the squad, it makes it very hard to keep them all happy, as they all want to start,better to have a good 15-16 and half a dozen that can be improved and can slowly be introduced until they can replace others that move on.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi Michael. Always see sense in your posts, but on this one, leave it to a qualified manager?

All in the best possible, etc. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:12 am

I just ask dumb questions (hence the question mark )

if they are interested-better people than me can provide the answers
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Norton Boy wrote:we don't have the Xmas window anymore to strengthen if we need to

I must have missed this in the new season rule changes. Has the ruling been changed for all clubs - and what is it?
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 am

Hi
This is from
https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide- ... -calendar/

Country Male/Female Window 1 Starts Window 1 Ends Window 2 Starts Window 2 Ends
England F 2019.06.14 2019.09.05 2019.12.27 2020.01.23
England M 2019.06.11 2019.09.02 2020.01.01 2020.01.31
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:52 am

paulK wrote:
Norton Boy wrote:we don't have the Xmas window anymore to strengthen if we need to

I must have missed this in the new season rule changes. Has the ruling been changed for all clubs - and what is it?

My mistake,no idea why but i thought i heard there was no January transfer window this season.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:26 am

Hi
Q for someone with deeper knowledge.
When windows don't coincide is it the receiving countries' clubs' window that applies?

IE. we can get players in during our window but we can lose players outside that window to other countries whose window is open.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 am

The summer 2019 transfer window for the Premier League and Championship closes at 17:00 BST on 8 August. For most other European leagues, inc league 1 and 2 in this country, the window stays open until the end of August. During that period players can still be transferred out of PL and CS clubs to clubs in leagues whose window is still open. Not sure why it isn't uniform across the board, but there you go.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:35 pm

I would say we need a slightly bigger squad. What was it last year 23?

The advantage of loans as I see it are that they help with the rotation & injury cover, plus it still gives some scope for strengthening if it isn't quite working out in January. Rather like the season before last.

We also got a couple of good additions last year but the one that surprised me was Archibold. I thought he was one of our better forwards in that he wasn't afraid of taking on the defence. That said, Junior started to make his mark and when paired with Williams in the 4-2-3-1 Coops adopted towards the end of the season, I thought the pair of them were more threatening than we had been with 2 up front.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team