Stuart Fleetwood

All about our First Team

Stuart Fleetwood

Postby View From The Pitch » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:59 pm

http://torquayunited.talkboards.net/YaB ... 1206385387

Interesting some say it was fleets and some say it was ellis. So if there is specualtion about the sendig off then surely is is not a red card.

Don't remember them singing that.
. Goals are dreams with deadlines.
.Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
.Goals are not only absolutely necesary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us and dreams alive.
View From The Pitch
First Team
First Team

Re: Stuart Fleetwood

Postby Tommo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:25 pm

There sounds like there was a bit of argy bargy but that there was also enough ambiguity for the ref to have sorted it out without any red cards. Anyway I hope Fleets has learnt from the experience and will continue to do so as he sits in the stands unable to show off his worth to other clubs or help us with the final push. Maybe its a last chance for DCB to prove his worth, he will get half a dozen goals and he will secrue another season after all.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Old Git » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Lets hope Stu takes it on board and learns from it. I have seen him talk to kids before games and always viewed him as a model professional who I'm sure those same kids look up with real justification. He must learn that those same kids may try to copy what he has done and this event has taken a bit of the gloss off his image. It has certainly put the mockers on him getting 30 league goals this season. Put it behind you Stuart and bang in 30 next year for which ever club you play for.
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby Pitchfork » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:08 am

Old Git wrote:Lets hope Stu takes it on board and learns from it. I have seen him talk to kids before games and always viewed him as a model professional who I'm sure those same kids look up with real justification. He must learn that those same kids may try to copy what he has done and this event has taken a bit of the gloss off his image. It has certainly put the mockers on him getting 30 league goals this season. Put it behind you Stuart and bang in 30 next year for which ever club you play for.

I hope he does realise the importance of his image and not become bitter if he feels he was unjustly treated. SSF has been a great success at FGR but he can still improve as a player and a professional.

As for 30 goals, he has already scored 35 including 26 in the league. He can still realistically set himself a 30 goal Blue Square Premiership target and I would not bet against him achieving it.It's only a goal a game
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:26 am

The problem with his three match ban is not only that we will miss his goals but also now Ronaldo is likely to overtake him as top scorer across the national leagues. It would be a shame for him to miss out on the top scorer 'prize' after starting the season so well.

Maybe Fleets will come back fresh for the fray in a few matches time and score a couple of hattricks. But that will also need those paying around him to be up for the fight for 6th or 7th place.

When he does come back we need to support him so that he continues to consider his future at FGR.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Toffeeman » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:48 am

We are not a one man team the others have contributed greatly to Stuart's success let's not forget that. Play-offs still achievable. Come on Rovers,
Toffeeman
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Jay » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:59 pm

Tommo wrote:The problem with his three match ban is not only that we will miss his goals but also now Ronaldo is likely to overtake him as top scorer across the national leagues. It would be a shame for him to miss out on the top scorer 'prize' after starting the season so well.

Maybe Fleets will come back fresh for the fray in a few matches time and score a couple of hattricks. But that will also need those paying around him to be up for the fight for 6th or 7th place.

When he does come back we need to support him so that he continues to consider his future at FGR.

more than likely aaron Maclean will overtake him

only 1 goal behind at peterborough
Jay
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:25 pm

Wow, thats impressve from Aaron. Peterborough have bought wisely from the Conference.

Fleets still has 4 games so maybe 8 goals? That might be enough?
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Jay » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Maclean scored 2 today in a 4-0 win
so he is now 1 ahead of fleets

other 2 Peterborough goals incidently came from scott rendell
Jay
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Think you may be right about McLean getting the run on Fleets then.

Good to see Rendell being successful. I wonder if he will last a second season up there with Boro, especialy if they are promoted.

I still think Fleets is going to come back firing though - looking to redeem himself in the shop window.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team