Match Thread from the Abbey Stadium (Cambridge)

All about our First Team

Re: Match Thread from the Abbey Stadium (Cambridge)

Postby Lady Magpie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am

bobhunt wrote:Hi. I’m sorry about the commentary **** up: I was at the cricket, and Billy had no idea something was amiss.
It will be sorted!

Bob I tweeted BBC Radio Glos just after kick-off and at H/T, so they were aware that we were listening to BBC Radio Cambridge.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am

I like the look of Aitchison, very sharp and direct, good shot on him too.

I actually thought it was a decent game, both sides moved the ball well into attacking areas, Cambridge definitely had more chances but we did look dangerous, if only the final ball had been better we could have got in a lot more often then we did, we had the runners. We're close to clicking I think, but it's great that while we're a work in progress we're still picking up results and keeping pace near the top.

All the best to the Essex based fan, didn't see what happened but sounds like the expert response from the Cambridge staff and the swiftly arriving paramedics was potentially life saving. Puts the football into perspective.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Appreciate that goals win games but so too does saving goals so well done to Lewis for the excellent spot kick save and same to Joe for an amazing headed clearance off the line !
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:45 pm

This season is really building. I am really looking forward to a nice spring and promotion.
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:This season is really building. I am really looking forward to a nice spring and promotion.

crikey E-E -are you feeling well ?

You do realise that your favourite Mark Cooper is still the manager -and that is unlikely to change
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:56 pm

michael wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:This season is really building. I am really looking forward to a nice spring and promotion.

crikey E-E -are you feeling well ?

You do realise that your favourite Mark Cooper is still the manager -and that is unlikely to change

Following the Walsall game I expressed how I felt we had a new found resilience. Coops has clearly signed players who can dig in, even if we are goal shy and playing dangerous passes around our own box.
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:49 pm

I cannot remember a previous occasion when the goalkeeper took a throw-in! :o
The Cambridge goalkeeper managed it after they went 1-0 down and the game had minutes left to play.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team