Where Were Our Fans Today?

All about our First Team

Where Were Our Fans Today?

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:07 am

The ones who were at Cambridge and Charlton but weren't at home against Grimsby or again today.

The ones that actually make a noise and support our team. Usually in the South and occasionally in the East.

There was an issue last season that I tried to rectify with a 'making more noise' thread.
But so far this season home support has been appalling.

I've spent money on season ticket and loads more on train tickets to support a club that no-one else is actually supporting.

They all just sit in silence waiting for something to happen.
They don't realise that we, as fans need to make it happen.
And that means cheering, clapping, singing from start to finish regardless of how we are playing.

I mentioned this to someone sitting near me today and his response was 'we haven't scored yet!'

Says it all really.

The reason I've attended matches is to support my team and let them know they are being supported.
But I can't do that on my own.

I think I'll just go to away games for a while so I can be with others who feel as I do.

Our players need us.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Where Were Our Fans Today?

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:26 am

Dont know where you sit but we had a great time! COYR

Dont give up, just enjoy !
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:40 am

Be honest.
Was there a good atmosphere today?
Was there singing and chanting today?

Glad you had a great time.

But I've given up and didn't enjoy.
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:49 am

I dont really know what you mean, I like the away game atmosphere too, but I dont think it is ever like that at home.

We sit in h and have a good time. Shout at the ref, chear on the players, have a laugh.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:46 am

South stand was very quiet and we in the east stand rarely muster much more than an occasional chant and plenty of applause. It’s a shame that the away chanting isn’t repeated at home. I don’t really understand why not. The players must wonder too
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Running Rover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:51 am

I believe some sort of protest is still on going, but not really sure what it's all about these days, although it probably dates back to some fans getting bans for what some believe to be relatively minor issues.

Some unnecessary and over the top treatment from some of the stewards hasn't helped either I'm sure.

Shame really, because if the stadium was rocking for every home game, I imagine that would be worth a fair few extra points during the course of season. Players are always being quoted about how they positively react to vociferous support.

Not sure what the answer is though, if indeed there is one.
The Running Rover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cornishman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:41 am

As usual, the debate omits those of us in the North Stand who also try to make some noise. As my comments on the other thread make clear, some of yesterday's spectators there seemed to view such boisterous behaviour as inappropriate in such a creche. I suppose £289 for a season ticket covering 34.5 hours of childcare is quite cheap by today's standards.
cornishman
Youth
Youth

Postby Tommo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:50 pm

I must admit that I didn’t hear much chanting from the north stand yesterday despite the kids filling it up pretty well.

It’s good that the North Stand tries to get behind the team but we seem too dispersed at home games to create a sustained momentum behind supportive chants. Each stand does its thing but it’s all a bit feeble.

Shame given how much the team are trying to give us something to shout about.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm

The south stand dont want to give money or support to the team at home because it benefits the regime. twitter is always full of it.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Tommo wrote:I must admit that I didn’t hear much chanting from the north stand yesterday despite the kids filling it up pretty well.

It’s good that the North Stand tries to get behind the team but we seem too dispersed at home games to create a sustained momentum behind supportive chants. Each stand does its thing but it’s all a bit feeble.

I've always wondered about the dispersal element Tommo. We all get lumped together at away games.

However, given the noisy ones tend to come from the South stand it's surprising they don't make more effort at the New Lawn. The East stand do at least tend to join in.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:41 pm

paulK wrote:
Tommo wrote:I must admit that I didn’t hear much chanting from the north stand yesterday despite the kids filling it up pretty well.

I've always wondered about the dispersal element Tommo. We all get lumped together at away games.

However, given the noisy ones tend to come from the South stand it's surprising they don't make more effort at the New Lawn. The East stand do at least tend to join in.

NFR tried to start a louder seating section for this reason.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Which block of the East Stand are you in NFR?

There are a few vocal folk in Block H but it's totally uncoordinated so doesn't really have much of an impact at the moment.

Lots of happy clappers though which helps when there is the semblance of a chant going on :)
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Some of the kids in South Stand don't like the idea that Dale is funding the challenge to the Prerogation.

When they had their childish sulk last time it went quiet, but everyone else started to make some noise, which is what I think everyone should do here. Personally I get a bit fed up with a few kids who think that they are the soul of FGR and the club would be worse off without them.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:The south stand dont want to give money or support to the team at home because it benefits the regime. twitter is always full of it.

I thought that had all been sorted out towards the end of last season.
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:18 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Some of the kids in South Stand don't like the idea that Dale is funding the challenge to the Prerogation.

When they had their childish sulk last time it went quiet, but everyone else started to make some noise, which is what I think everyone should do here. Personally I get a bit fed up with a few kids who think that they are the soul of FGR and the club would be worse off without them.

I find the majority of stances against owners a bit self-defeating. It is rarely the owner who suffers (and usually has a thick skin anyway) but the team.

Beats me why they have to suffer for something that is nothing to do with them.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:30 pm

T50 BOS wrote:Which block of the East Stand are you in NFR?

There are a few vocal folk in Block H but it's totally uncoordinated so doesn't really have much of an impact at the moment.

Lots of happy clappers though which helps when there is the semblance of a chant going on :)

I was at the back of block H last season but was unable to sit there this season.
However, I complained more than once about the lack of atmosphere there. The only time there was any noise was when the South stand drummer started up and a few of us joined in.

I'm in block I now which is practically empty but that isn't really the problem. I'm quite happy to make noise on my own providing I have someone to join in with. The best thing about block I is that it's very close to the South (which is why I can't hear noise being made in the North. The sound isn't loud enough to carry that far). Once the South stand start chanting etc. it's very easy to join in with them. Unfortunately they have been silent at the matches I've been to so far.
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:51 pm

They moan about plastic fans, boycotts and things to do with brexit and how much they hate dale Vince. It all looks like a parody from the outside but they are quite serious about it, I think.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:They moan about plastic fans, boycotts and things to do with brexit and how much they hate dale Vince. It all looks like a parody from the outside but they are quite serious about it, I think.

But they think it's ok to support exactly the same club at away games?!

It doesn't make any sense to me.
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:15 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:They moan about plastic fans, boycotts and things to do with brexit and how much they hate dale Vince. It all looks like a parody from the outside but they are quite serious about it, I think.

But they think it's ok to support exactly the same club at away games?!

I'm not sure either :) I have met a few at away games, nice people, v friendly and polite. Maybe I should have asked but it's hard to know who is who from the outside and I didnt want to judge.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm

to the best of my knowledge ,my entrance ticket does not say i need to sing.

everyone to their own, but it does get a bit tedious being told how one should react .

as i have said before- if i want to sing, i will either go to Church or an AJ Tracey concert .

maybe i am just useless at multi tasking, but i go to football to concentrate on the football-player movement with and without the ball,and i miss enough of that as it is .
not easy watching 22 players and the referee at same time-let alone singing .

some go to football to watch football.
some go to meet friends and have a laugh.
some go for the food/beer .
some go to sing .
some go just to get away from their partner.
(with the cost of tickets in the premiership-some maybe go to money launder )

-all fine but would prefer not being told/suggested what i should do .
what comes next-am i going to be advised on what clothes i should wear to go to a football match
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team