Where Were Our Fans Today?

All about our First Team

Re: Where Were Our Fans Today?

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:36 pm

michael wrote:to the best of my knowledge ,my entrance ticket does not say i need to sing.

everyone to their own, but it does get a bit tedious being told how one should react .

as i have said before- if i want to sing, i will either go to Church or an AJ Tracey concert .

maybe i am just useless at multi tasking, but i go to football to concentrate on the football-player movement with and without the ball,and i miss enough of that as it is .
not easy watching 22 players and the referee at same time-let alone singing .

some go to football to watch football.
some go to meet friends and have a laugh.
some go for the food/beer .
some go to sing .
some go just to get away from their partner.
(with the cost of tickets in the premiership-some maybe go to money launder )

-all fine but would prefer not being told/suggested what i should do .
what comes next-am i going to be advised on what clothes i should wear to go to a football match

I've never told you that you're expected to sing if you don't want to.

I was just asking where our fans are that make so much noise and outsing the home fans at away games but are not supportive at TNL.

MC has said in the past that when our fans are noisy it lifts the players and encourages them to play better. That is why I personally want to do it.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
michael wrote:to the best of my knowledge ,my entrance ticket does not say i need to sing.

everyone to their own, but it does get a bit tedious being told how one should react .

as i have said before- if i want to sing, i will either go to Church or an AJ Tracey concert .

maybe i am just useless at multi tasking, but i go to football to concentrate on the football-player movement with and without the ball,and i miss enough of that as it is .
not easy watching 22 players and the referee at same time-let alone singing .

some go to football to watch football.
some go to meet friends and have a laugh.
some go for the food/beer .
some go to sing .
some go just to get away from their partner.
(with the cost of tickets in the premiership-some maybe go to money launder )

-all fine but would prefer not being told/suggested what i should do .
what comes next-am i going to be advised on what clothes i should wear to go to a football match

I've never told you that you're expected to sing if you don't want to.

I was just asking where our fans are that make so much noise and outsing the home fans at away games but are not supportive at TNL.

MC has said in the past that when our fans are noisy it lifts the players and encourages them to play better. That is why I personally want to do it.

I really love your enthusiasm. If the team keeps winning games the songs will come I am certain. Keep up your dedication!
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 pm

If the South stand is indeed some kind of protest to the current home 'REGIME', I view that as being exceedingly petulant.

For goodness sake, it is the football team formulated by the incumbents that need your backing, not the so called regime!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am

I've just re-watched the FGR v Colchester match video and it is abundantly clear that the broadcasters microphones are directly above the away crowd who obviously appear to make more noise than the FGR faithful.
On a couple of occasions their fans could be heard calling one of our players a 'Cheat' and telling the referee 'You don't know what you're doing' when he rightly disallowed their goal.

This excessive noise from the away crowd on video is a constant thorn. Sure away crowds do make much noise, and FGR away fans are a perfect example, but they should not be permitted to drown out the home crowd on the official match day videos.
Thus the EFL need to move the outside microphone lead closer to the South Stand.
I don't know if this possible but it is something that the club need to try and rectify if they can.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Greeners » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:36 am

Hi
I doubt it is possible to have the crowd mike remote from the camera.
The normal position for the principal (or in lower leagues case, only) camera seems to be opposite the dugouts. so unless we shift the away support back to the North End I think the only feasible solutions to your complaint would be a baffle on the mike or a parabolic mike trained out towards the East or South stands.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:00 pm

If someone will pay for a block of ten singing lessons for me-i promise i'll sing.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Some of the kids in South Stand don't like the idea that Dale is funding the challenge to the Prerogation.

When they had their childish sulk last time it went quiet, but everyone else started to make some noise, which is what I think everyone should do here. Personally I get a bit fed up with a few kids who think that they are the soul of FGR and the club would be worse off without them.

They're boycotting because of Dale's legal challenge? I find that hard to believe, what's that got to do with football or FGR?
Are they all staunch Boris Johnson fans or something?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:Some of the kids in South Stand don't like the idea that Dale is funding the challenge to the Prerogation.

When they had their childish sulk last time it went quiet, but everyone else started to make some noise, which is what I think everyone should do here. Personally I get a bit fed up with a few kids who think that they are the soul of FGR and the club would be worse off without them.

They're boycotting because of Dale's legal challenge? I find that hard to believe, what's that got to do with football or FGR? Are they all staunch Boris Johnson fans or something?

This may or may not be a factor but it doesn't explain why the youngsters are noisy away from home supporting the club but not at TNL. Dale is in charge of the Club home and away. The team needs support home and away. It all feels weird to me.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby whittyfgr » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 am

We make more noise away from home because we have the real fans there who want to get behind the club and support the team and theres not normally many of us so we have to make ourselves heard,also has someone who sits in the east stand we are normally quite at home games because its all families who its seems are there for the day out with kids,and where I sit I get the feeling people just want to watch the game in silence,as if they are sat at home watching sky,also not sure what most of these so called fans were doing before we got in the league.some of them look as though they have never been in a football ground before,i hope the longer we are in the league home games will get a better feeling about them,but for me I will carry on looking forward to the away days.
whittyfgr
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Tommo wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:

They're boycotting because of Dale's legal challenge? I find that hard to believe, what's that got to do with football or FGR? Are they all staunch Boris Johnson fans or something?

This may or may not be a factor but it doesn't explain why the youngsters are noisy away from home supporting the club but not at TNL. Dale is in charge of the Club home and away. The team needs support home and away. It all feels weird to me.

The whole thing feels a bit weird to me. All feels like over analysis of something simple. What's wrong with just turning up and supporting? That's all that happens at any other clubs I have been to and it seems to work fine. Away fans are nearly always louder. At the away games I have been to in this league it's normally only the home fans behind the goal that stand and sing.

It's up to individuals what they do, if the southstanders cant sing at home for whatever reason, that's their choice alone. The can blame dale, the club, the food, the other fans, and it's their choice to not support their team at home in the same way they do away. I dont think anyone else needs to worry, I'm sure they would ask for help of they needed or wanted it.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm

whittyfgr wrote:We make more noise away from home because we have the real fans there who want to get behind the club and support the team and theres not normally many of us so we have to make ourselves heard,also has someone who sits in the east stand we are normally quite at home games because its all families who its seems are there for the day out with kids,and where I sit I get the feeling people just want to watch the game in silence,as if they are sat at home watching sky,also not sure what most of these so called fans were doing before we got in the league.some of them look as though they have never been in a football ground before,i hope the longer we are in the league home games will get a better feeling about them,but for me I will carry on looking forward to the away days.

Real Fans

Not everybody can afford to go to away matches. That doesn't make them any less "real fans"

"Real fans" who go to away matches and sing would do the same at home games i.e. as you say, get behind the club and support the team

Can understand possible reasons for East & North but it's the congregation in the South that puzzles me. The latter just doesn't seem to happen. For whatever reason.
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

The whole thing feels a bit weird to me. All feels like over analysis of something simple. What's wrong with just turning up and supporting? That's all that happens at any other clubs I have been to and it seems to work fine. Away fans are nearly always louder. At the away games I have been to in this league it's normally only the home fans behind the goal that stand and sing.

It's up to individuals what they do, if the southstanders cant sing at home for whatever reason, that's their choice alone. The can blame dale, the club, the food, the other fans, and it's their choice to not support their team at home in the same way they do away. I dont think anyone else needs to worry, I'm sure they would ask for help of they needed or wanted it.

Tomiswalking

you expressed it so much better than me.

similarly think its 'over analysis '.

as i posted we all go for different reasons..

some wont go if the team aren't winning,
some wont go if they don't like the food .
we read on here this morning that some may go less because the audience don't sing enough.

-all fine.
we all have a choice .

I will keep going in all weathers and win or lose / EFL or national league south .-but unfortunately i dont have the time go to as many games as others anyway.

-as you say-whats wrong with just turning up if and when you can
we all get out of it various things-no-one right/no -one wrong ,but some of us don't like to be told what to do
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:49 pm

I understood there was going to be regular representatives from all stands meeting up with those in charge to discuss things like this. Has any taken place? I believe this is a good thing to take things forward and break the barrier btw them and us mentality.

Many home fans feel like they are just a marketing opportunity and their support is not appreciated. Many feel FGR is a club where football does not come first on the agenda. As a club we really do need a better rapport all round having many different factions who attend. I personally go just to see the football. Not interested in the meals, political stance etc. Some people are put out by political views on official FGR posts. Quite often I am surrounded by people in North Stand, mostly on family days, who don’t watch a minute of football. Guess a lot of people attend for different reasons.

Atmosphere is worst I’ve ever seen at the moment. Something must be done. Feels like the club is dying. Can’t those who want to sing etc just meet up and congregate in same section whether sitting or standing. It can’t be that hard to organise?

Is a shame there are no more fan base to attract. Just feels like we have maxed out and even losing support.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Very odd. If D/V had not salvaged FGR, there would be no FGR to support... home or away!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby chelsearover » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm

I attended the first meeting, to my knowledge there were at least two from the north, east stands and even one from the west stand for away supporters, but nobody showed from the south stand, if you don't turn up you cannot have your say, there has been one since that I couldn't attend so I cannot comment on this one, I am a north stand season ticket holder, I agree with the kids go free, but can someone have a word with the parents about their behaviour, or have a third of the stand for them only,
chelsearover
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Re. Fan reps. There is no transparancy or communication re the reps and supporters club. I asked the question a while back on the relevant area of the forum and there was no reply.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Dislike that de rigueur word 'transparency' for 'openness'!

Yeah, yeah old fashioned, I confess. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:17 pm

We all support the club and we all have our valid reasons for attending or not attending as much as we would like in an ideal world. We are on course for another great season and we will all be getting behind the team the best way can. That is all that matters!
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team

Postby Tomiswalking » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Dislike that de rigueur word 'transparency' for 'openness'!

Hehe nah, I agree. Either way it would have been good to get some information about the meeting.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Dislike that de rigueur word 'transparency' for 'openness'!

For the sake of transparency, I have to say that I don’t like the word ‘openness’. I think it’s the unnatural double ‘n’ - a bit like the one in ‘unnatural’. Sets my teeth on edge.
Trolling the trolls since the internet began...
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team