Match thread from Brunton Park (Carlisle) 19~20

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from Brunton Park (Carlisle) 19~20

Postby Greeners » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi
Foreign Green wrote:Morton´s second yellow, which caused the red, was maybe too light. Morton played the ball and his shoes didn´t hit roughly the ankle.

I was listening to the Radio Cumbria commentary, which I have to say was quite complimentary. In their opinion it was the first yellow which was a bit harsh as he got the ball and then the Carlisle player tripped over him, they reckoned foul but no card.
No first yellow would have meant no red.
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Agreed Greeners. The second was a yellow in my book, the first was nothing like. And a couple crude assaults off the ball on Adams & Udo late on should have been severely punished. Both occurred in front of the linesman, but he & the ref bottled it and did nothing. You can imagine Coops' reaction - in the end he was reduced to laughter at the inept officials

Carlisle's chances were few, and most were wild long shots that had to be retrieved from the empty open end terracing. Bar a few punched clearances from free kicks & corners, Lewis had little to do. That said, Carlisle should have done better a couple of times on the counter after we'd surrendered possession, but poor finishing meant Thomas' goal was not threatened.

That contrasts with 4 occasions when sweeping moves put Matt & Jack in on goal only to be thwarted by fine saves. And most unexpectedly a searing drive from Carl that was comfortably held

I get the point about the defence not always getting it right. But I cannot remember when we last kept clean sheets so regularly and when we are caught out, the determination of last ditch cover is unbelievably good.

Kitching & Nathan are well matched; when Matt Mills is fit again, I think Farrend is the player most under pressure to keep his place, in fact, with Kitching playing so well now, maybe he might move to the centre to re-accommodate Nathan on the left? Nice to have selection problems through strength

In the last two games, we are starting to get many more chances as the midfield has settled. And for the time being, Matt & Jack look like the most forward attackers with potential
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Did Coops get a yellow card?
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:00 am

Silver Surfer wrote:Did Coops get a yellow card?

Nope it was the Carlisle manager
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:Did Coops get a yellow card?

As above, no. Sub-title was wrong on the streaming service
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:41 am

Mind you the ref was having such a nightmare it could have been Coops he was attempting to book !
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:02 pm

It is now wrote:Mind you the ref was having such a nightmare it could have been Coops he was attempting to book !

Just what I was thinking. If I was the Carlisle manager and had seen the ref refuse to award a penalty against Carlisle and then sent off an FGR player i would be sat there with a smile rather than doing anything to get booked.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team