Normal service resumed

All about our First Team

Normal service resumed

Postby redrobin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi Greenies,
Looking at the league table today.... nice to see normal service has been resumed :lol:
Once we get over our injury crisis we,ll pull away !!
Anyway you have your cup final soon :D
Big respect to the 76 who made the trip last night... Carlisle midweek is a real jaunt.
can't beat a good rib - eye !
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Normal service resumed

Postby michael » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:22 pm

not sure about normal service and pulling away,but yes-Cheltenham in for a much better season, and thats just fine by me.

unfortunately-i think both clubs are in artificially high league positions at present-but hope i am wrong on both counts

If you were to say that a few people on here got carried away after the just one season that FGR finished ahead of cheltenham,i would be inclined to agree with you.
an occasional bit of humility does not hurt as far as i am aware
Last edited by michael on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:12 pm

At beginning of season I had FGR finish and 18th, Chelt 19th. Might have to re-evaluate things. Agree both prob in a false position. Think Chelt have more squad depth. Looking at it for now reckon Chelt 10th, Rovers 12th. May be very wrong, normally am......
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 pm

thats odd 20 years-i saw it pre season much the same.

maybe i still do -its a long season for everyone .

i'll leave any re-evaluation until christmas ,but like yourself-hope i can be equally wrong .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby madasahatter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:20 pm

redrobin

Yet another impressive home win. They played with a lot of desire and fluidity on Tuesday, Micky Duff has certainly made a difference. Although you seem to be 'scoring for fun', for your visitors, there is a glimmer of hope with lapses at the back. Flinders seems to have a mistake in him on a regular basis.

I've been mightily impressed with the last four home games, not only dominating for large parts of the game, but entertaining, with a free flowing passing game, much the same as FGR are trying to do.

Having complimented your recent performances it must be disappointing that the crowds have not returned. The entertainment has been first class so why are they staying away? Chelt have managed to 'engineer' vocal support from the left in the Colin Farmer stand, which does add to the 'atmosphere', but there are 'acres' of empty seats - puzzling.

You may have the bragging rights for the moment but its a long season and a lot can happen. When the pitches cut-up the snappy passing game becomes far more difficult, you'll need to adapt.
madasahatter
Youth
Youth

Postby redrobin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Michael Funny how we see things opposite. I had you down for Play offs and us for mid table. On the evidence of the first 8 games maybe we could aim a little higher. 2 play off games against each other would be something eh .
I m thinking Newport, Bradford and Swindon for auto although Col U dented the latters aspirations last night.
Exeter are bottlers and yet to see Plymuff play

Madasahatter - Yes we are scoring for fun and Im sure the crowds will start returning, always takes a time. As for Flinders, the best No 1 along with Shane Higgs ( ignoring Jack Buckland ) Im thinking.
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tomiswalking » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:50 pm

RedRobin, how long have you been waiting to make this post?

Good luck against Crewe and Plymouth!
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Well, I for one am pleased you are having a good season RedRobin. It has to be good for all the teams when Cheltenham, FGR & Swindon are vying for supremacy. Newport too, then there is the South Western Spice of Exeter & Plymouth. Swindon were getting cocky so the 3-0 reverse at home to the side we'd just beaten will bring them down to earth!

There's no doubt Cheltenham are the surprise package. Duff seems to have taken the classic approach of getting the defence sorted then opening up attacking options. Whatever he's doing, the results have been impressive.

We know we have high quality youngsters, but like most, I feared we would have a bumpy ride as they learned on the job. After an unspectacular but effective start, they are now beginning to gel and more chances are being created to compliment the miserly defence. Only downside is Cheltenham's upside - goal difference, worth an extra point - last season we had that bonus and at the end of the season it makes a difference

The whole world and his wife & dog are being mentioned in the same breath as the vacant Lincoln post. Better watch Duff's travel claims?! Coops has been mentioned but I cannot see him leaving his talented youngsters and there has been so much bad blood between FGR & Lincoln that is one match that will NOT happen!
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby redrobin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am

Cant see Duffo leaving Chelts ( surely still work in progress ) and Lincoln have probably reached their level.... but having said that money clearly talks !!!
I reckon MC is more likely to be tempted if they came calling.
redrobin
Reserves
Reserves

Return to FGR First Team