Shawn McCoulsky

All about our First Team

Re: Shawn McCoulsky

Postby Tim13 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:07 am

Reality check - How many players that we have sent out on loan have come back at the end of the loan and secured a regular first team place? I’m not counting Doidge as his loan was intended to become permanent.

Tim
Tim13
First Team
First Team

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 am

Lewis Thomas?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby dursleydog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Kentstripe wrote:Lewis Thomas?

True, but I’d argue that was purely by accident with the Adam Smith situation.
I think Thomas said himself in an interview the plan was for him to go out on loan again this season!
dursleydog
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:59 pm

dursleydog wrote:
Kentstripe wrote:Lewis Thomas?

True, but I’d argue that was purely by accident with the Adam Smith situation.
I think Thomas said himself in an interview the plan was for him to go out on loan again this season!

Yeah but accidents happen and Lewis has come back stronger for the experience at Yate. I agree though that few come back. I hope Shawn does - he provides a different sort of option up front - if he can get his confidence up
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:55 pm

Most loans are season long loans and I agree that players don't usually return and secure a regular first team place.

But this is only a month long loan. Our strikers are not performing at the moment so if Shawn does well at Bromley and starts scoring goals, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be given another chance to do the same for us.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:20 pm

NewForestRover wrote:Most loans are season long loans and I agree that players don't usually return and secure a regular first team place.

But this is only a month long loan. Our strikers are not performing at the moment so if Shawn does well at Bromley and starts scoring goals, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be given another chance to do the same for us.

Hard for any striker to perform with the service they enjoy at FGR. It wouldn't make much difference if we put Ronaldo up top at the moment.
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby Charlie5football » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Still think Adam Smith will play a part this season.
Charlie5football
Reserves
Reserves

Postby lovejoy2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Charlie5football wrote:Still think Adam Smith will play a part this season.

Nope
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Today I was sorting out my match day magazines from last season and Newport's mag caught my eye.
On front cover was picture of Shaun with a write up inside.

Lets hope a month away from FGR will re-energise his proven goalscoring prowess.
Good luck S.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team