Ticket Office & Hotline

All about our First Team

Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby It is now » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:26 am

Anyone know why the ticket office hotline message says closed even though hours on website say open. Trying to buy Cheltenham tickets
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
User avatar
It is now
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby Bill Shankly » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:04 pm

I think it's meant to be shut Wednesdays. I got mine yesterday plenty left...
Bill Shankly
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby It is now » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Website says (Their typo not mine)

“Our opening hours

We're available on the phone between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday on 0333 123 1889.

Our Recpetion is open for ticket sales and collections every Thursday between 12noon and 6pm.

Or you can email us if you have a question or comment on reception@fgr.co.uk.”
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
User avatar
It is now
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby Bill Shankly » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Just checked on line
On Website choose tickets /prices says closed on a Wednesday. .
Bill Shankly
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby It is now » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:00 pm

That’s true but the ticketing section of the site which links to ShopFgr has the details I pasted which includes Wednesday.

Just a detail but that’s how you lose sales.

Might be worth FGR media doing a sanity check across the whole site
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
User avatar
It is now
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby Bill Shankly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:08 pm

I asked Amy if they can put a note on the front page of the ticket webpage as to the opening hours or even a daily update as to that days activity as its not consistent or easily found.

She is there today but is very busy ,takes about 10 mins to get through . She is a star always doing her best.
Bill Shankly
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby Forest Fan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Based on the information posted above

It is now wrote:Our Recpetion is open for ticket sales and collections every Thursday between 12noon and 6pm.


and
Bill Shankly wrote:She is there today but is very busy


I visited reception today, arriving about a quarter to five. Deserted!

Fortunately, a helpful guy passing through was able to put me right (reception closes at 3pm on Thursdays), but unfortunately not sell me tickets.

Hey ho, moral of story, don't be a trusting fool who believes everything you read online.
Sometimes 90 minutes is just not enough.
User avatar
Forest Fan
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby chrism » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 pm

Recent article on Cheltenham tickets clearly says closed Wednesday, and office closes at 3pm. Not sure where there is conflicting info and misunderstanding. Ordered tickets by phone this morning, a bit of a wait, but once through was really quick and easy.
chrism
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm
Location: Hucclecote

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby It is now » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:30 pm

Try this link ... which is from the main FGR site

https://shop.fgr.co.uk/forestgreenroversfc/ASP/Contact

I’ve got my tickets and they were incredibly helpful and friendly but the devil is in the detail
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
User avatar
It is now
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby Eco-Exile » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:52 am

chrism wrote:Recent article on Cheltenham tickets clearly says closed Wednesday, and office closes at 3pm. Not sure where there is conflicting info and misunderstanding. Ordered tickets by phone this morning, a bit of a wait, but once through was really quick and easy.


The club shop page on the website (link is posted by the above contribution):

“Contact Us

Our opening hours

We're available on the phone between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday on 0333 123 1889.

Our Recpetion is open for ticket sales and collections every Thursday between 12noon and 6pm.”
Eco-Exile
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby StadiumMgr » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:29 am

It is now wrote:Try this link ... which is from the main FGR site

https://shop.fgr.co.uk/forestgreenroversfc/ASP/Contact

I’ve got my tickets and they were incredibly helpful and friendly but the devil is in the detail



Thanks for raising this up; we did change the hotline and reception to a 9am-3pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday format sometime ago and overall seems to be working well. But clearly this page didn’t get updated, I will get changed shortly.

Cheers
StadiumMgr
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby michael » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:20 pm

digressing slightly, whilst it does clearly state opening hours, it does seem very odd to me that you cannot contact the club by phone on matchdays/weekday matchday evenigs for 'general enquiries .

in particular as weather closes in both home and particularly away suppoerters will want to know pitch/weather updates ,but seems there is no facility to do so (not everone goes on internet (and not always on there anyway )

seems very non customer friendly to me -and contrasts poorly with the most basic level of customer service available at other peer clubs and lower level non league clubs .

there obviously is a good reason-simply wondered why ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 7593
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby RamblingRover » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi all,

Recently returned from Holiday and it doesn't appear I can buy Cheltenham tickets online anymore.

Is this because they're sold out or do I need to phone the hotline/try my chance on the door?

Thanks
Following the Rovers, wherever they may go
RamblingRover
Trainee
Trainee
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:18 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:35 pm

RamblingRover wrote:Hi all,

Recently returned from Holiday and it doesn't appear I can buy Cheltenham tickets online anymore.

Is this because they're sold out or do I need to phone the hotline/try my chance on the door?

Thanks


Cheltenham tickets are not available online.

You either have to go to the ticket office in person or buy them over the phone. They probably won't be available on the day.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
User avatar
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm
Location: The train to Stroud as often as possible!

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby paulK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:10 pm

NewForestRover wrote:
RamblingRover wrote:Hi all,

Recently returned from Holiday and it doesn't appear I can buy Cheltenham tickets online anymore.

Is this because they're sold out or do I need to phone the hotline/try my chance on the door?

Thanks


Cheltenham tickets are not available online.

You either have to go to the ticket office in person or buy them over the phone. They probably won't be available on the day.


Yes, they only want "real fans" that go to home matches to be able to buy them. Sod your individual circumstances ;)
User avatar
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: Sadly Broke

Re: Ticket Office & Hotline

Postby Tommo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:06 pm

paulK wrote:
NewForestRover wrote:
RamblingRover wrote:Hi all,

Recently returned from Holiday and it doesn't appear I can buy Cheltenham tickets online anymore.

Is this because they're sold out or do I need to phone the hotline/try my chance on the door?

Thanks


Cheltenham tickets are not available online.

You either have to go to the ticket office in person or buy them over the phone. They probably won't be available on the day.


Yes, they only want "real fans" that go to home matches to be able to buy them. Sod your individual circumstances ;)


It might have been a joint Cheltenham/FGR agreement so that there is no unplanned mixing of fans and not just down to FGR. Don’t know but I think that any measure that tries to avoid trouble is sensible
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley


Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.

cron