Millwall after Coops

All about our First Team

Millwall after Coops

Postby Bristol_Green » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 pm

First choice for them after Harris quit im hearing.
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Millwall after Coops

Postby Main Stander » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 pm

No where near favourite in any of the betting. I would be suprised.
Main Stander
First Team
First Team

Postby twoguns » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Mark has just been promoted to Head Coach presiding over a pool of talented players in what I'm predicting will be a special season for FGR.

He won't be going to Millwall. He will move on at some stage but it won't be this season.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Yep not the right move forCoops
We could be in the same league as Millwall next season.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:17 pm

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-forest-green-manager-prime-contender-for-millwall-job/

But as has been said, there are others reputedly in the running too.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:19 pm

twoguns wrote:Mark has just been promoted to Head Coach

Not really sure that's a promotion?
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Thought it had been a while since MC was last linked to another job. How many is that now?

I would say this seems the least likely of the lot, Millwall's squad/ethos is in no way set up to play in MC's style, and you only have to look at Nathan Jones at Stoke to see what can happen if a footballing manager goes up into a side not suited to his style of play. Millwall have the lowest possession stats in the Championship, and are arguably at their ceiling anyway. Going somewhere like Brentford, where he was also 'strongly' linked, would have seemed more likely imo.

I'm sure he will move on at some point, but I'd imagine he'll at least want to try and get another promotion on his CV this season first, and finish the job he's started.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:12 am

He could change the playing style. I would have thought that this would be a very attractive opportunity for Coops. Its close to home, a real challenge and a potentially big club. It would be a significant step up and reward/cash in for his success with us. He'd certainly get more love from the supporters than he gets from us.

It may be that this has come at the wrong time for him though. We are challenging for promotion which, if achieved, would increase his cachet even more. He is also an integral part of the set up at FGR and has been shown a good deal of loyalty. Maybe he feels he needs to repay that for a bit longer and see where this season takes us. I really hope he stays.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Tommo wrote:He could change the playing style. I would have thought that this would be a very attractive opportunity for Coops. Its close to home, a real challenge and a potentially big club. It would be a significant step up and reward/cash in for his success with us. He'd certainly get more love from the supporters than he gets from us.

It may be that this has come at the wrong time for him though. We are challenging for promotion which, if achieved, would increase his cachet even more. He is also an integral part of the set up at FGR and has been shown a good deal of loyalty. Maybe he feels he needs to repay that for a bit longer and see where this season takes us. I really hope he stays.

Millwall, although infamous are not a potentially big club.

They are arguably the smallest Championship club potential wise.
FGR-Ledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:13 am

I think that Luton Town are the smallest Championship club in terms of their gate with a capacity of just over 10,000.

Neil Harris is Millwall's leading goal scorer with 138 goals over 400 odd appearances during two spells playing for them, he is a hero at the club. In between time Harris played for Nott'm
Forest for a season and a bit and proved a flop, I don't think he scored a single goal.

But Millwall are certainly infamous, or rather their fans are and they're not known for being a team that plays the game the right way either.

I can't see Cooper having the slightest interest in moving there, if things don't go well he could well be sacked before the season is out.

Getting barracked by his own fans isn't likely to make him stay here either though; there seems to be an element of fgr support hell bent on wreaking the club, don't these people like League Football?
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:22 am

FGR-Ledge wrote:
Tommo wrote:He could change the playing style. I would have thought that this would be a very attractive opportunity for Coops. Its close to home, a real challenge and a potentially big club. It would be a significant step up and reward/cash in for his success with us. He'd certainly get more love from the supporters than he gets from us.

Millwall, although infamous are not a potentially big club.

They are arguably the smallest Championship club potential wise.

Arguably. They have got a ground capacity of over 20,000 and weren't they in the Premiership 30 years ago - I know that is a long time ago and it is unlikely they will get there again any time soon but any club with that pedigree must surely live in hope that's achievable.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:07 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Forest Fan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:52 pm

TreeinWillsbridge wrote: In between time Harris played for Nott'm
Forest for a season and a bit and proved a flop, I don't think he scored a single goal.

Irrelevant to the main discussion I know but I am certain I saw Harris score for Forest. From a couple of yards out, Trent End goal, part of a big win against someone.
Sometimes 90 minutes is just not enough.
Forest Fan
Youth
Youth

Postby Bristol_Green » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 pm

SNJ Ash wrote:Coops responds to speculation

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... lwall-job/

I would have preferred a rejection from him :?

IN COOPS WE TRUST
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Agree with some of this, although it isn't close to home. I believe he lives near Birmingham? Also his playing style requires time to implement and a squad capable of carrying it out. Not sure he'd have either at Millwall. We'll see if they make an official approach though.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:41 pm

You might be right about where MC is based I have it in my mind that he goes up and down the M4 but I can’t remember why
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Personally I hope mark stays for the long term. End of . And I mean long term. This club is a unique opportunity, for the long term well beyond a normal hire em and firem wild west, or wild central london.

Keep calm and craic on Mark.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Timb wrote:Personally I hope mark stays for the long term. End of . And I mean long term. This club is a unique opportunity, for the long term well beyond a normal hire em and firem wild west, or wild central london.

Keep calm and craic on Mark.

This +1
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby NeilC » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 pm

In any job, trust with your boss and the organisation is key to loyalty.
A long term position in football rare.
NeilC
Youth
Youth

Postby Timb » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Just spoken to my cousin. Millwall season ticket holder. His considered opinion.

Better off where he is ....
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team