Millwall after Coops

All about our First Team

Re: Millwall after Coops

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:14 pm

Bristol_Green wrote:
SNJ Ash wrote:Coops responds to speculation

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... lwall-job/

I would have preferred a rejection from him :?

IN COOPS WE TRUST

Agree.

Not really a response was it?

More a case of keeping us all guessing.

If you are reading this MC, can you please enlighten us and put us all out of our misery by confirming that you have no intention of going anywhere.

We have a team who play for you,

A chairman who has faith in you,

And fans who love you and want you to be here forever and ever............
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Tommo wrote:You might be right about where MC is based I have it in my mind that he goes up and down the M4 but I can’t remember why

I'm let to believe that MC moved from Tetbury to Cirencester.
Millwall is about a 2hr drive away.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:36 pm

I think they may have some of those Hotel things in the London area .

mention in the Football Paper today with hardly the strongest denial of interest from MC -and who can blame him.
(2+2 =5 but maybe a bit of daddy advice this weekend as well ?)

gut feel-and i so hope to be wrong -he's brushing up on his cockney rhyming slang already.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:50 pm

Bet MC goes back to DV over this speculation, and gets a nice pay rise to stay - that is how this cut-throat football business works !!.Have witnessed this on many occasions, - a good way to line your pocket.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DominicH » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Well, no doubt that Millwall are a much bigger club, and with no less a proud history, than FGR. And for what it's worth, for all that the Stroud Valleys are rather different, above all in terms of population density, to London's erstwhile docklands, an example of a team that not just survived but to a degree flourished, and by any measure endured, after moving their base - and crossing the, in London, near-sacred dividing line of the Thames, to boot! Although conversely you'd be hard-pressed to find a Millwall fan in their old East London home of, well, Millwall, now, so maybe this stands as a warning too...

But exchanging the Cotswolds for one of the grimmer, or, at least, grimier, bits of South-East London? And swapping a set of fans who can sometimes be less appreciative (of a really very good manager-turned-head coach) than we should for probably England's probably preeminent exemplar of never knowingly understated, seldom ashamed to be bitingly abrasive (seated) terrace culture and preeminent sarcasm merchants? Pros and cons there....

Not to forget that it seems far from implausible that FGR and Millwall could be in the same league next year. The New Den would make for an interesting, not to say unique, away day....

But really we need Coops to finish what he's started. I could definitely see the temptation and the appeal of going to somewhere like Millwall. Hopefully Dale will up his salary if the Lions really are on his case, and Coops will get the club the promotion they, and he, have been working so hard for for so long....
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:18 am

What i now realise that if MC did consider a move to TND, he would have a mirror-like empathy with the home fans - hard-as-nails, abrasive, confrontational, snarling appearance, in-your-face aggression, physical, they-all-hate-us mentality, together with a hatred of all outside their kingdom.On the face of it, an ideal fusion of the two characters.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:50 am

GETCARTER wrote:What i now realise that if MC did consider a move to TND, he would have a mirror-like empathy with the home fans - hard-as-nails, abrasive, confrontational, snarling appearance, in-your-face aggression, physical, they-all-hate-us mentality, together with a hatred of all outside their kingdom.On the face of it, an ideal fusion of the two characters.

Disagree with whole post.
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 am

NewForestRover wrote:
GETCARTER wrote:What i now realise that if MC did consider a move to TND, he would have a mirror-like empathy with the home fans - hard-as-nails, abrasive, confrontational, snarling appearance, in-your-face aggression, physical, they-all-hate-us mentality, together with a hatred of all outside their kingdom.On the face of it, an ideal fusion of the two characters.

+1
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:47 am

NewForestRover wrote:

I suspect GetCarter wrote post with tongue firmly placed in back of cheek.
I think everybody knows MC and Millwall would be a bad fit.
However other clubs will be looking at situation at TNL and see that Mark's contract is winding down and he may be more willing to move than in previous years. And of course everybody knows it is best to move when your club is on a high than while suffering an inevitable slump.
I would love to hear that DV has taken MC into the office and offered him another 5 year contract and that MC has signed it.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Perhaps they should give it to the caretaker boss given the result against Leeds
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:21 pm

My tongue was very firmly pressed into my cheek !!!. I really do hope that MC does not even consider Millwall as a promotion for his CV.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:30 pm

GETCARTER wrote:My tongue was very firmly pressed into my cheek !!!. I really do hope that MC does not even consider Millwall as a promotion for his CV.

OK, I fell for that one :oops: :oops: :oops:
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:56 pm

Ah, well! The tattooist's needle must be hovering over Dale's neck right now, to be pressed firmly into that blank second star, as things stand. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:38 pm

GETCARTER wrote:My tongue was very firmly pressed into my cheek !!!. I really do hope that MC does not even consider Millwall as a promotion for his CV.

Tongue in cheek maybe but I still disagree with the post.

Sorry, but I find it quite tactless considering the title of this thread and the consequences for us if he leaves before accomplishing his mission!
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:54 pm

NewForestRover wrote:

Tongue in cheek maybe but I still disagree with the post.

Sorry, but I find it quite tactless considering the title of this thread and the consequences for us if he leaves before accomplishing his mission!

The guy is only throwing in a bit of once called 'football banter' and a humorous slant on the topic'. Why get so precious about it, for goodness sake?

There is something here adding more to the already P/C no-nos'.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:30 pm

That isn't football banter.
It's not even funny.
And where are the exclamation marks or smiley faces that let people know it's supposed to be humorous?

I'm sure if MC had read that first thing this morning, it would've made his day!

(not) :roll:
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:56 pm

If someone described me like that,i would accept it as a massive complement.
I don't think there is any rule that you have to be one of those nice people .

if i recall correctly-wasn't there once a football manager-forget his name-Sir Alec Someone who was a fairly decent manager apparently ,and allegedly had a lot of those traits .

Equally-sometimes the public persona/portrayed image may be miles away from the private and family persona and is put out there for a reason.

i don't recall Mr Cooper ever saying-please like and love me .
He is a jolly splendid manager regardless .
Last edited by michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 pm

MC has done a great job here imo, always been supportive as I always believed he and his coaching staff would bring this club success. Of course there's been ups and downs but overall I'd say we've steadily improved and there is a clear plan in place, which we've stuck to despite the occasional frustration expressed as the team has developed what is a difficult style to coach at this level.

Hopefully he stays a bit longer and carries on building and pushing the club towards League 1. If he can take us up again it would be a fantastic achievement and hopefully more people are starting to appreciate that we have a damn good manager at this club.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 pm

michael wrote:If someone described me like that,i would accept it as a massive complement.
I don't think there is any rule that you have to be one of those nice people .

if i recall correctly-wasn't there once a football manager-forget his name-Sir Alex Someone who was a fairly decent manager apparently ,and allegedly had a lot of those traits .

Equally-sometimes the public persona/portrayed image may be miles away from the private and family persona and is put out there for a reason.

i don't recall Mr Cooper ever saying-please like and love me .
He is a jolly splendid manager regardless .

Ta, michael. to paraphrase that cricketing song ... We don't like Cooper, we LOVE him! ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Mark cooper is doing a fantastic job for us and long may it continue.

Looking forward to Saturday.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team