Match thread from The New Lawn (Mansfield Town) 19/20 season

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Mansfield Town) 19/20 se

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Foggy wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:Please don't call them ultras, they're a bunch of pathetic kids who have a mistaken sense of entitlement.

One thing that they are not, is FGR supporters.

We showed yesterday that we don't need them.

Exactly, the only association they have with the word ultra is the washing powder used to clean their clothes!

What I thought was brilliant yesterday was the noise made late in the second half by the North Stand...it sounded like the singers had an average age well under ten...but they are the future!

Aren’t they the ‘plastics’ that we hear so much about? Hope they’re not single-use. Fantastic effort from the North and East Stands yesterday.
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

The East Stand certainly seems more involved in creating an atmosphere this season...particularly when we get a corner...we need this to become a habit, rather than an occasional activity, and I think it is!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby voodoobluesman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm

paulK wrote:
voodoobluesman wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Depleted I think by the ultras on the link that was posted somewhere earlier, to capture their take on boycotting home games. Disgusting! :(

Please don't call them ultras, they're a bunch of pathetic kids who have a mistaken sense of entitlement.

One thing that they are not, is FGR supporters.

We showed yesterday that we don't need them.

Why not, when it is how they like to describe themselves. But I agree 110% with the rest of your post.

Because they will wear that title as a badge of honour.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:13 pm

It will only get louder if the quality of football stays the same. A good clap and sing really warms you up in the winter months.
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:13 pm

not there yesterday, but having watched the highlights- not sure what could be done re first goal-perfect cross and timed leaping finish ,if anything-i woud look to bernard who was a bit out of position and ball over his head,enabling the cross into the goalmouth
second goal-yep-Thomas could have done better-but lets not forget-the week before,MC criticised Collins for not heading it 'down' as harder for keeper to save-and the mansfield player-hit it down as MC advised !!.That given-i think rawson and kitching as much to blame-rawson too easily turned and on wrong side of his man ,and kitching was not alert/reacted slowly .

that given-its not a perfect world-and i have seen a lot worse goals conceded -so i would not be to harsh despite the frustration.

its when you are 2-0 up that you play the possesion game to slow things down and play 'keep ball'
Last edited by michael on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:23 am

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:45 pm

Just watched the highlights and there is a bit where the Mansfield player throws the ball straight in Dom Bernard’s face. Ok it didn’t have a lot of power but there was no reason for it bar frustration and it was intentional. Surely it should be a red card?
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50144981

Both clubs charged by the FA for failing to control their players after the game?
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 pm

twoguns wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50144981

Both clubs charged by the FA for failing to control their players after the game?

Not sure what caused it but it was ugly and I imagine both teams will be found guilty. What then? A fine? How annoying!
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team