FGR v Billericay Town [FA Cup 1st round]: match forecast

All about our First Team

Re: FGR v Billericay Town [FA Cup 1st round]: match forecast

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:11 am

As Tommo999 noted I was late in placing my Joker on game. Glad I did.
Possibly the bad weather deterred a larger crowd than 1419. However Get Carter was very close and gets an extra two points. Well done GG.
Fartvs Antiques [!] was one of only two predicts [Dom H] to forecast correct score but the only one to place Joker on that prediction. Hence top score for day. Well done FA. :D
Amazing that with 4 different goalscorers, there were only 6 who predicted any of them. :roll:

Good news is that FGR are in 2nd round of FA Cup without need of a replay that has befallen most of our nearest league competitors. :D
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 am

Tom, I played my joker too, so 11 points please.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Thanks for the mention TOTC, and if JM had converted his early chance i would be made up !.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:Tom, I played my joker too, so 11 points please.

Apologies.
I will amend record.
11 points tw, 19 points for month & 53 points total.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:11 am

The Old TomCat wrote:
Dougal wrote:4-0 Atchinson 1221
Joker too!
Last edited by Dougal on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dilemma.
Forecast amended after match had kicked off and would give you maximum points.
Unfortunately I didn't read your original forecast to award you points on that prediction.
I'm sorry but in fairness to others I've got to disallow it. [Unless there is support for your forecast to be accepted.]

Just forgot to add my joker, and played it before any goals were scored. Had 4-0 before kickoff. This forum is one hour out too. Won't be editing posts in future that's for sure!
Dougal
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am

Dougal wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Dougal wrote:4-0 Atchinson 1221
Joker too!
Last edited by Dougal on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dilemma.
Forecast amended after match had kicked off and would give you maximum points.
Unfortunately I didn't read your original forecast to award you points on that prediction.
I'm sorry but in fairness to others I've got to disallow it. [Unless there is support for your forecast to be accepted.]

Just forgot to add my joker, and played it before any goals were scored. Had 4-0 before kickoff. This forum is one hour out too. Won't be editing posts in future that's for sure!

Fair do's.
I believe you and will add your prediction & points to your score but no Joker.
But please on any other occasion add a later post. Thanks ta-muchly. :)
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby It is now » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 am

[quote="
Just forgot to add my joker, and played it before any goals were scored. Had 4-0 before kickoff. This forum is one hour out too. Won't be editing posts in future that's for sure![/quote]

It’s not the forum but your account that is an hour out. If you go to User Control Panel (at the top of the page) Then Board Preferences and the select DST / Daylight Saving to “No” you will be on the correct time.

The other thing to be aware of if you edit a post or do it at the last minute is that sometimes when you hit submit it goes through a sequence of telling you there are later posts and asking if you still want to edit before you submit. On a mobile that message is below the bottom of the display line (under the keyboard) and you may miss it. You may think you have submitted but it won’t show on the thread until you confirm yes to submit
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

An Armchair Experts Production
It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby It is now » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 am

[quote="
Just forgot to add my joker, and played it before any goals were scored. Had 4-0 before kickoff. This forum is one hour out too. Won't be editing posts in future that's for sure![/quote]

It’s not the forum but your account that is an hour out. If you go to User Control Panel (at the top of the page) Then Board Preferences and the select DST / Daylight Saving to “No” you will be on the correct time.

The other thing to be aware of if you edit a post or do it at the last minute is that sometimes when you hit submit it goes through a sequence of telling you there are later posts and asking if you still want to edit before you submit. On a mobile that message is below the bottom of the display line (under the keyboard) and you may miss it. You may think you have submitted but it won’t show on the thread until you confirm yes to submit
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby It is now » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 am

..... and sometimes it just posts it twice !!!
….. It Is Now (& Sons)

It is now
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Dougal » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks both. Forum now showing correct time! I'd assumed the form would detect users local time!
Dougal
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team