Match thread from The New Lawn (Billericay) FA Cup

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Billericay) FA Cup

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Is that bandage wrapping around Stevens's left hand some kind of superstitious extra? Puzzled, as he has worn it in all his games, yet in his latest interview, it wasn't there.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Engineer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Is that bandage wrapping around Stevens's left hand some kind of superstitious extra? Puzzled, as he has worn it in all his games, yet in his latest interview, it wasn't there.

I think players with their wrists bandaged are covering up 'Fitbits' or equivalent, they still want to know how many steps etc., they have covered during the day. Could be wrong.
Engineer
Reserves
Reserves

Postby DominicH » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm

I will say I thought the Billericay fans were absolutely fantastic - those travelling on the bus down from Stroud, those in the Green Man before the match (before we knew the match was actually on, in fact), and those on the terraces. Their sheer enthuisasm and excitement at playing a league team, far from home, was infectious. And accompanied by a witty kind of good-natured belligerence that I recognize from my Essex childhood, too.
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Greeners » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Is that bandage wrapping around Stevens's left hand some kind of superstitious extra? Puzzled, as he has worn it in all his games, yet in his latest interview, it wasn't there.

See this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109982&p=1639122&hilit=bandages#p1639122
Greeners
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:03 am

Don't think I've ever read a better Club Match Report than this? https://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/blue ... est-green/
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 am

yep-even managed to write about the all important 'overloads' (MC will be impressed ) ,although i have no recollection of carl winchester being captain for chelmsford,but i guess if you are from essex-easy mistake to make ,where similarly on here-some mistake their maidenheads with their maidstones
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby BroughtonPowell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Engineer wrote:

I think players with their wrists bandaged are covering up 'Fitbits' or equivalent, they still want to know how many steps etc., they have covered during the day. Could be wrong.

The players are geo-tracked by the fitness staff - they wear these vests under their shirts and a geo tracker is placed into a pocket on the vest in between the shoulder blades.

Some of the players crank up a fair few km's think I read/heard that Stevens regularly puts in a 10-12km shift per match. Shows that thsi high pressing game MC is using requires much better fitness and stamina.
BroughtonPowell
Youth
Youth

Postby michael » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:44 pm

as Greeners suggested-maybe refer to the 'other' live thread on this topic ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Forest Green 4-0 Billericay Town: The Verdict

Postby Bobby Vincent GL » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Jack Aitchison continues red-hot form, Matty Stevens to find some red-hot form and being in the hat for this evening’s draw!

The verdict from FGR’s comprehensive win at the weekend... https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ic-3523485
Bobby Vincent GL
Youth
Youth

Previous

Return to FGR First Team