2nd Round Draw

Postby John Whiffen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 pm

We have drawn Carlisle at home
John Whiffen
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: 2nd Round Draw

Postby Tommo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:48 pm

That’s ok. At least it’s at home. Carlisle will be disappointed. Good thing for me is that it’s boring enough not to be moved for the telly
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 am

I similarly like boring .
boring is the new excitement .

from the clubs perspective-not great as they will have to meet travel and hotel expenses for carlisle,so hardly a lucrative tie .

not a great place to go on a tuesday night for the replay either
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GETCARTER » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:04 am

Loved the comment from the Chichester Town manager, on live prime-time TV, when asked who he might like to be drawn against in the next round, he replied " One of the big boys, .......... someone like Forest Green ".
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby BroughtonPowell » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 am

Definitely a winnable tie (probably jinxed that now) - if not the most exciting.

Did not fancy getting Maldon and Tiptree - they looked pretty decent on telly and the front three were a handful, i'd fancy them to cause another upset.
BroughtonPowell
Youth
Youth

Postby Philpot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 am

Tommo wrote:That’s ok. At least it’s at home. Carlisle will be disappointed. Good thing for me is that it’s boring enough not to be moved for the telly

If Cheltenham win their replay our game could be moved as we would both be at home

Not sure how this works but I read something on here about both teams sharing the policefor matches
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 am

I,m not sure myself that carlisle will be bringing a lot of supporters for the game and need a lot of policing .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stroud green » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Philpot wrote:
Tommo wrote:That’s ok. At least it’s at home. Carlisle will be disappointed. Good thing for me is that it’s boring enough not to be moved for the telly

If Cheltenham win their replay our game could be moved as we would both be at home

Not sure how this works but I read something on here about both teams sharing the policefor matches

Both teams were at home on Saturday. No problems and Billericay probably brought more fans than Carlisle would.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Carlisle sack manager Steven Pressley after 10 months in charge
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -in-charge

I'm not sure if that is good or bad news for our FA Cup 2nd round match against them.
New managers sometime secure a few initial favourable results which will probably coincide with the FA Cup tie.
But whoever takes over I remain pretty confident that FGR will progress to 3rd round.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm

When will we know which day this is being played & when tickets will be on sale?
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Just watched MC talking about the next games coming up - he said he finds it strange that they sack the manager of Carlisle after a good away FA Cup win, which might indicate that they have someone else in mind to take over already.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team