Match thread from The Bescot Stadium (Walsall FC) LT.

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The Bescot Stadium (Walsall FC) LT.

Postby michael » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:12 am

Chrisgump11 wrote:I fairness to Matt Mills and others, they are clearly not yet match fit, and it showed. But what better game to use as a step along the way?

Looking forward to The Dans, Isaiah & co having a go at kids their age tomorrow!

is there a slight inconsistency here ?
I get all the theoretical stuff about good experience for the academy guys-and they will learn -i understand that - albeit in the face of a 6-0 drubbing i am not certain about how much you learn and whether it can actually be de motivational .

General consensus is that what probably has settled into a first pick 11 need a rest before the all important league game on saturday -again-i don't agree wholeheartedly but get the theory of that .

Yet here we are with a very important cup game on thursday night ( a case could be made that its more important than both last night and next saturday ) ,yet probably 3 key players in the team for thursday are played in a really tough match just 48 hours beforehand, whilst 'first team players-who will be fitter and stronger than 16 year olds are apparently in need of a rest .
how does that work then ?
where is the consistency in that ?

with the academy side being in such an important game on thursday-shouldn't they have been the one's to have been 'rested' as opposed to being asked to play 2 games in 48 hours ?
there again-maybe not after all.
Last edited by michael on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Match thread from The Bescot Stadium (Walsall FC) LT.

Postby michael » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:44 am

I don't think there are too many fixtures,(needless to say-the club do not publish fixtures much in advance and certainly not league tables if there is such a beast ) but as well as the academy league-is it not the case that fgr are also in the Central league (effectively and theoretically a reserve league ) to bridge the gap between 1st team and academy and a place for experienced fringe//'need minutes in legs ' /injury recovering players ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team