Mark Cooper

All about our First Team

Mark Cooper

Postby View From The Pitch » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:02 am

He is an absolute disgrace with the comments he made today.

The fans pay their hard earned cash to travel and support the team in all weathers no matter the distance. The fans have been given some truly terrible performances (there have been good games also) this season and to travel to Mansfield to watch the terrible showing in the first 40minutes they have every right to vent their feelings.

Cooper needs to understand that FGR is a small club and if he keeps criticising fans they won’t have anyone who wants to give up their Saturdays to travel.

I hope the BOD have a quiet word in his head to remind him of his responsibilities although I doubt anyone has the bottle to do that.

Cooper has a history of falling out with fans not just at FGR but also his former clubs. He needs to stop the arrogance he has and try and keep the fans feeling part of the club as I know there are many fans who feel alienated from it at the moment.

We need to pull together as one and help push this team forward. The players need to understand I a suspect expect a bit of stick when they put a terrible performance in.
. Goals are dreams with deadlines.
.Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
.Goals are not only absolutely necesary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us and dreams alive.
View From The Pitch
First Team
First Team

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby NewForestRover » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:43 am

Disagree.

Those fans are a disgrace not MC.

I watched the same interview as you did and felt like crying.
He should’ve been happy and celebrating after that result. He wasn’t.

Says it all really.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bristol_Green » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:44 am

Coops is right.

Sod the boo-boys. They need calling out.

Look where Coops, and Dale, have taken our club... and put up with some grief from a minority along the way.

IN COOPS WE TRUST!
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:59 am

VFTP - you are right that we need to pull together. That was what was wrong with the extreme negativity from a section of the travelling crowd from the third minute.

We will sometimes concede goals we will sometimes lose - that doesn’t mean we have to immediately change the manager or the chairman.

The boo boys almost spoilt the day for some of the others who also paid good money to see the team at Mansfield. We should self police more but there is a danger that criticism of the extreme swearing or negativity at the time will just be returned with violence, such is the level of drunkenness and anger. Very sad.

What is one amusing (I think) aspect is the criticism of some of us yesterday that we are recent plastic vegan fans when actually some of us were supporting the team when they were toddlers.

Great win yesterday. Nothing should deflect from that. Now we have to win at home. 7-9 points from the next three games essential....
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 am

How is chanting we're f****** s*** or you're nothing special we lose every week, or the anti Eco Park stuff, calling other fans who have paid good money as well plastics etc in any way 'pulling together'?

The way some go on you would think we were struggling, not challenging for promotion.

It's true FGR are a small club, which is why it's even more impressive that we're competing to get into league 1 with a young team several of who were playing in non league a year or two ago. Some people seem to think we should be winning easily every week, which is delusional.

When the team is behind in a game they need support more then ever, not fans turning on them. Yes it's frustrating when we don't play well but that's football, you aren't always going to win or play well. Lots of teams would love to be in our position, look at Mansfield, huge budget and down in 18th. Or even worse look at teams like Macclesfield or Southend who can't even pay their staff or players and are staring into the abyss.

As for the board having a word in Cooper's ear, is that the same board/regime that the boo boys constantly say they hate and abuse on social media etc?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 2017_CoYR » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:54 am

It's that group of fans that are an "absolute disgrace". End of.
2017_CoYR
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Philpot » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:02 am

View From The Pitch wrote:He is an absolute disgrace with the comments he made today.

The fans pay their hard earned cash to travel and support the team in all weathers no matter the distance. The fans have been given some truly terrible performances (there have been good games also) this season and to travel to Mansfield to watch the terrible showing in the first 40minutes they have every right to vent their feelings.

Cooper needs to understand that FGR is a small club and if he keeps criticising fans they won’t have anyone who wants to give up their Saturdays to travel.

I hope the BOD have a quiet word in his head to remind him of his responsibilities although I doubt anyone has the bottle to do that.

Cooper has a history of falling out with fans not just at FGR but also his former clubs. He needs to stop the arrogance he has and try and keep the fans feeling part of the club as I know there are many fans who feel alienated from it at the moment.

We need to pull together as one and help push this team forward. The players need to understand I a suspect expect a bit of stick when they put a terrible performance in.

Perhaps you might be more happy supporting the likes of Aberdare FC
They were in the football league 90 years ago but now play in Welsh league Div 2
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves

Postby The Game Within » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:31 am

I was there and close to the young bunch of lads and thought what a shame, if they'd put all that passion into supporting the team then we'd have a chance of winning and as it turned out the rest of us got behind the team and we won.
The Game Within
First Team
First Team

Postby cookiemonster » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:02 am

I was there. Yes, the fans have a right to express their opinions but to spend 20-odd minutes calling MC a f*****g c**t is a long way out of order.
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby Foggy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:55 am

The saddest thing about the activities of this small group is the bad feeling they are causing. In the past I have spoken with numerous people about our club, being a safe and friendly place to come and watch football, particularly if they have young children and want to introduce them to the game we all love. I know that you can't avoid bad language completely in football grounds, though where I sit people regularly voice displeasure if it is heard from the visiting coaching staff, but what we are hearing at the moment from some in the South Stand is pushing it. Given that, and recent events during the Scunthorpe game, I would think twice before bringing a friend or family member to a game...fearful for what they might be exposed to...and that saddens me greatly.

I can understand the frustration of MC about what has been happening recently but he needs to understand that their views are those of a minority, albeit a vocal one, and they don't represent those of the majority of fans who are supportive of what he, the players and the club are trying to achieve.
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:21 am

I also think they are disgusting, and although names shouldn't be put on the forum I say NAME and SHAME them. Perhaps they would like to support Norwich City in the premiership or Stevenage in our league, they might have something to moan about, without the vile disgusting language.

"View from the Pitch", that's not a view from the pitch as the players are fully supportive of the Manager, suggest you change your handle to "View of the Boo Boys".

If you are reading this Mark Cooper or Dale Vince, don't take any notice of them, they are a very small minority and the club could do without them.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:50 pm

The small fans are very horrific and need to be criticised and condemned by the larger body of supporters.

However the club and manager should not publicly get involved. By all means engage these individuals behind the scenes but interview comments like that from Mark Cooper are unwelcome and unprofessional. It comes across as very arrogant and entitled. Cooper’s attitude in that interview makes me feel unwanted at matches as much as that of the abusive fans. We have all seen bosses like him.

Time for the rest of the fans to unite in drowning out the abusive fans with positive support for the players and new stadium. Mark Cooper should focus on the football and not get involved in unpleasant discourse.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:59 pm

There is absolutely no excuse for not supporting your own team and M.C is fully justified in calling them out.

Making ones feelings known after 95 minutes, when your team hasn't put a shift in is something entirely different.

It rather sounds like a small group of trouble makers, were just waiting for a poor game in order to undermine the manager, the team and the owner.

A plastic fan by the way is somebody living in the West Country [for example] for professes to support Man U, or Chelsea, or any other large successful Prem League Club, while actualy living no where near the club.

I hope these cretins don't travel on the supporters coach, benefiting from subsidised travel? :twisted:
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Eco-Exile, how would you like it if someone stood over you at work and abuse you in a vile disgusting way even though your work is completely correct and satisfactory, think you might be going to a tribunal.

LM
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Norton Boy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:43 pm

You only have to read the idiotic and downright inflammatory remarks some of these"true fans" make on twitter and Facebook to know the mentality we are dealing with here, not one logical argument amongst them, just abuse and derogatory comments to anyone that stands up to them. I constantly hear about how the club should be reaching out to them and discussing their problems, yet when the club does that all they do is sneer and abuse them, they ask for a drum stand and what do they do when they get it? Use it to abuse the man who paid for it. I say enough is enough, start banning them, it would do them a favour, maybe they could spend their Saturdays doing something more productive, and the other 2000 fans can enjoy the game they have paid to watch.
I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Norton Boy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:59 pm

They are very confused. But their actions are clear, time to get rid?
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Mr Green Genes » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Yes they are completely confused, but there are some common threads: no to Eco Park, Dale to leave, MC to leave, some kind of return to the good old days, presumably in non-league.

The solution is clear - go and support Shortwood United and leave us in peace. Shortwood should tick all their boxes, and would be glad of additional support. Having said that, they would expect fans to actually pay to get in, and not to abuse their own staff and players...

The reality is that FGR has moved on, the old days were not actually that great anyway, and there is no going back. Please, either get on the bus, or get off it, and don't spoil it for everyone else.
Mr Green Genes
Trainee
Trainee

Postby stewjackhannah » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Totally agree - ignore the small bunch of silly young kids - they'll grow up when they make it through adolescence
i plan to continuing booing them and shouting them down when they sing their nonsense at home
why anyone wont support a club taht made just huge stride in the last decades is beyond me - but then again we all have probably done daft things we grow up to regret
ignore the boo boys - carry on FGR
stewjackhannah
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:Eco-Exile, how would you like it if someone stood over you at work and abuse you in a vile disgusting way even though your work is completely correct and satisfactory, think you might be going to a tribunal.

LM

LM. Read my post. I completely condemned the horrific abuse from the fans as much as you. So I don’t see why you feel the need for your post as we are both in agreement.

Yes you are correct, I certainly would take it to a tribunal via the proper channels behind the scenes. I would not argue back in the office or kick off to colleagues in the communal kitchen as that is unprofessional and will not work in my favour. Mark Cooper’s interview was akin to arguing back in the office or kitchen.

Identify the fans, give warning and bans or whatever is necessary to stop their vile behaviour and to make the atmosphere suitable for all. Do not start snide *** for tat via the local newspaper paper and media.
Last edited by Eco-Exile on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:The small fans are very horrific and need to be criticised and condemned by the larger body of supporters.

However the club and manager should not publicly get involved. By all means engage these individuals behind the scenes but interview comments like that from Mark Cooper are unwelcome and unprofessional. It comes across as very arrogant and entitled. Cooper’s attitude in that interview makes me feel unwanted at matches as much as that of the abusive fans. We have all seen bosses like him.

Time for the rest of the fans to unite in drowning out the abusive fans with positive support for the players and new stadium. Mark Cooper should focus on the football and not get involved in unpleasant discourse.

I totally agree with EE.

These imbeciles have an agenda and are setting a trap for MC and he is hook, line and sinker taking the bait. He needs to concentrate on the match and ignore these idiots as hard as it is. Maybe yesterday was a prime example. He should have gone into the interview with all the winning cliches, fantastic game, knew we could win it, the players were superb and credit all the fantastic away support.

Immediate defeat for these idiots.

If these so called fans traveled on the supporters club I would have left them at the ground. Others will know who they are through social media just let the club deal with them one at a time and get rid.

Next thing you know MC has chinned one of them and that's mission accomplished.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team