Mark Cooper

All about our First Team

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby SNJ Ash » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4320
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Eco-Exile » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Football Poets wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:
Crispin

I really don't feel the need to apologise for criticising the appalling behaviour of a few. It is you who should apologise for condoning it. I suggest that rather than boring everyone else on here we meet in the Gym bar on Saturday to discuss this issue if you still feel you are in the right.


Answer : Re ' It is you who should apologise for condoning it. '
I'm not condoning it .I f you read back I said "I don't enjoy or agree with swearing or abuse, (or to give it the the widespread commentators nickname 'industrial language' ) especially when children are close at hand.....but until we wipe out racism , homophobia and sexism first, I have learned to live with it (rightly or wrongly) as a lesser evil... (sadly) while watching football all over the country for over 60 years."

Re: "I suggest that rather than boring everyone else on here we meet in the Gym bar on Saturday to discuss this issue if you still feel you are in the right."

Answer :It's not about who is in the right..and it is boring agreed..but as a South Stand s/t holder I am not allowed in the Gym Bar anyway til after the game when i usually head back re traffic etc;..so I can't meet you.


A really odd stance by the Silver Surfer.

The memorial banner and abusive behaviour are two different things. Plenty of fans support and enjoyed the banner but condemn abusive behaviour and want perpetrators warned and/or banned.

I don’t think that is an unreasonable thing really?
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Tomiswalking » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:18 pm

This seems really off topic now.

Personally I think the team and coops need a very warm welcome out on Saturday. Brilliant result.

The more vocal we are from the start the better.

COYR
User avatar
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 am

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Tommo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:27 am

Tomiswalking wrote:This seems really off topic now.

Personally I think the team and coops need a very warm welcome out on Saturday. Brilliant result.

The more vocal we are from the start the better.

COYR


Agreed. What would help is not giving the opposition a goal start!
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby DIESEL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:38 pm

I was about to post something similar.

Tomorrow I will be going to TNL, to support my team, the management and the club as a whole, as I have done for the last 25 years. The experience may have changed over the years but I still enjoy it, which is why I still go.

If and when the boo boys do their usual thing in the south stand, I will have a wry smile knowing that not only have they financially supported the club by paying to get in, but also the fact that they can’t find anything else to do with their lives on a Saturday afternoon other than shout abuse at other people.

COYR
Last edited by DIESEL on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIESEL
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:46 pm

Perhaps they wryly gate-crashed, DIESEL. ;)
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
User avatar
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby DIESEL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:34 pm

Either way, the club and those who positively support it will have the last laugh, and the joke will be on them!
DIESEL
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:30 pm



We really ought to celebrate this milestone, and also his achievements:
Season 1 - got FGR promoted to league 2
Season 2 - kept us up
Season 3 - got us into the playoffs
Season 4 - fine do far.

Not many managers have such a consistent record.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
User avatar
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4020
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Eco-Exile » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:21 pm

DIESEL wrote:I was about to post something similar.

Tomorrow I will be going to TNL, to support my team, the management and the club as a whole, as I have done for the last 25 years. The experience may have changed over the years but I still enjoy it, which is why I still go.

If and when the boo boys do their usual thing in the south stand, I will have a wry smile knowing that not only have they financially supported the club by paying to get in, but also the fact that they can’t find anything else to do with their lives on a Saturday afternoon other than shout abuse at other people.

COYR


Not every fan has to support the regime and manager. Don’t be so divisive.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Eco-Exile » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:


We really ought to celebrate this milestone, and also his achievements:
Season 1 - got FGR promoted to league 2
Season 2 - kept us up
Season 3 - got us into the playoffs
Season 4 - fine do far.

Not many managers have such a consistent record.


Not many managers get his financial backing.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Philpot » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 pm

Philpot wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:



We really ought to celebrate this milestone, and also his achievements:
Season 1 - got FGR promoted to league 2
Season 2 - kept us up
Season 3 - got us into the playoffs
Season 4 - fine do far.

Not many managers have such a consistent record.

Well said
With our turnover 55% isn’t a lot to spend in this division
Philpot
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Sutton Benger

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby DIESEL » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:01 am

Eco-Exile wrote:
DIESEL wrote:I was about to post something similar.

Tomorrow I will be going to TNL, to support my team, the management and the club as a whole, as I have done for the last 25 years. The experience may have changed over the years but I still enjoy it, which is why I still go.

If and when the boo boys do their usual thing in the south stand, I will have a wry smile knowing that not only have they financially supported the club by paying to get in, but also the fact that they can’t find anything else to do with their lives on a Saturday afternoon other than shout abuse at other people.

COYR


Not every fan has to support the regime and manager. Don’t be so divisive.



Let me clarify.
I respect people’s opinions if they don’t wish to support the regime and manager. I don’t respect people who feel it’s appropriate to shout abuse!!!
DIESEL
Youth
Youth
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:49 pm

DIESEL wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:
DIESEL wrote:I was about to post something similar.

Tomorrow I will be going to TNL, to support my team, the management and the club as a whole, as I have done for the last 25 years. The experience may have changed over the years but I still enjoy it, which is why I still go.

If and when the boo boys do their usual thing in the south stand, I will have a wry smile knowing that not only have they financially supported the club by paying to get in, but also the fact that they can’t find anything else to do with their lives on a Saturday afternoon other than shout abuse at other people.

COYR


Not every fan has to support the regime and manager. Don’t be so divisive.



Let me clarify.
I respect people’s opinions if they don’t wish to support the regime and manager. I don’t respect people who feel it’s appropriate to shout abuse!!!


Everyone apart from the abusive morons would agree with you there
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Tommo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 am

Tommo wrote:
Tomiswalking wrote:This seems really off topic now.

Personally I think the team and coops need a very warm welcome out on Saturday. Brilliant result.

The more vocal we are from the start the better.

COYR


Agreed. What would help is not giving the opposition a goal start!


And again!

Notwithstanding yesterday's result and the fact we are well off the boil at the moment MC should be congratulated on what he has achieved with us. I'm hoping we don't fall away too much in the remainder of the season and that next season the best of the promising youngsters can kick on, we can retain our best senior players (Rawson, Mills, Winch) and make another concerted challenge for the playoffs. Unfortunately I think the giving away of stupid goals has put paid to our chances this season but MC has engendered a great team spirit, has developed some good youngsters and got us to safety this season all on a moderate budget.
User avatar
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Horsley

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am

Philpot wrote:
Philpot wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:



We really ought to celebrate this milestone, and also his achievements:
Season 1 - got FGR promoted to league 2
Season 2 - kept us up
Season 3 - got us into the playoffs
Season 4 - fine do far.

Not many managers have such a consistent record.

Well said
With our turnover 55% isn’t a lot to spend in this division


55% on wages. Not signing on fees. And I suspect our sponsorship income is higher than most teams. I would like to know how much the accounting books show Ecotricity spend to sponsor the kits compared to teams where the sponsors are not also the owners, for example.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Previous

Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.