Mark Cooper

All about our First Team

Re: Mark Cooper

Postby Kentstripe » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:02 pm

It's important to emphasise that the majority of fans back the team though, and tbf MC does say that in his interview.

The problem is that the most vocal ones are the most abusive and yesterday when our players were up against it fighting back yesterday, most of what they could hear was how s*** they are and how their manager is a c***. Hardly good support is it.

MC does probably react too easily, but he shouldn't need to be having to react to such vile abuse.

I don't get why some of the bods can't just calm down and enjoy it a bit more. We're doing pretty well, sometimes we have poor runs but that happens at this level. Things could be a lot worse.
Last edited by Kentstripe on Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:02 pm

They do not travel on the Supporters Coach to away games !
Probably because it doesn't have a bar !!
T50 BOS
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Kentstripe wrote:It's important to emphasise that the majority of fans back the team though, and tbf MC does say that in his interview.

The problem is that the most vocal ones are the most abusive and yesterday when our players were up against it fighting back yesterday, most of what they could hear was how s*** they are and how their manager is a c***. Hardly good support is it.

MC does probably react too easily, but he shouldn't need to be having to react to such vile abuse.

One wonders if MC deliberately chose to address the issue head on and by doing so removed any complaints against the players.
He would not be first manager to pick an argument on his own terms to defect any criticism against his team.
Alf Ramsey did same in 1966 just before England won World Cup. The players felt he was sticking up for them and they loved him for that.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:08 pm

it can only apply to home games-but like most clubs/companies -FGR have i believe a 'customer charter 'applying to staff and customers.

it is usually read out by an 'ambassador'pre-game .

i cannot be certain-will listen better next time-but-i believe it encompasses foul and abusive language (i may be wrong )
i am sure on the official site-this charter used to be printed.
I cant find it now .--if it is there-can someone post the link.

i believe the EFL have a similar charter-and again -i may be wrong-but i anticipate this would also encompass foul and abusive language ,as well as the trending homophobic and racist stuff

I am not in any popularity contest, and have no problem about complaining through the correct channels about any excessive (quantity and quality/vile ) abusive language .

If the stewards/club opt to dismiss me as unreasonable, i am the type of girl,and big enough and ugly enough to look after myself ; who sees things through to the end , and ensure people are accountable for what they say-not just give fluffy words/pat me on the head to go away ,and then ignore

some of the football does get a bit boring at home matches, so may as well have a bit of fun if its justfied .

that given- i only get to roughly every other home game-and have not been since early december.
I used to go in north stand-but for last couple of months-gone to south stand to see/hear what all the fuss is about-where frankly-i have not seen heard anything particularly out of order -albeit again-not been to a home game for a month , (never pretended to be one of those 'true fans '-just like football-but don't like any accompanying vile language
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:36 pm

Due to work commitments, generally get to around half of home matches and maybe 3 away. If I was there yesterday I would have found it hard not to confront these so called fans. Guess they just like notoriety and wants everyone talking about them. Home form has been poor and there has been muttering’s in the North st but mostly tongue in cheek.

Just why do we start games so slowly? Those who follow away should be happy with our great record. Only going to 1 in 2 at home I rarely see a win and often wonder how we win when I’m not there. It’s time to drown out these doom mongers with encouraging support. I was hoping this band of disenchanted youth would have found something else to satisfy there negative cravings by now. The club has opened the door for two way conversation with regular forums etc. If I didn’t want to support fGR I wouldn’t go. Simples.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
First Team
First Team

Postby GETCARTER » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 pm

I only have one message to these Boo-Boys ............Go away and stay away, we do not want you.
GETCARTER
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tim13 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm

T50 BOS wrote:They do not travel on the Supporters Coach to away games !

Please tell me that doesn’t mean at least one of them is old enough to drive a car!
Tim13
First Team
First Team

Postby Bill Shankly » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:44 pm

Those foul language chanting morons are the reason why I go to so few away games.My wife won't even go to the Johnny Rocks now.
They are a disgrace to Fgr and MC is right to be critical.
If any one called me the c word in public the police would be involved.
It's time for FGR to put a stop to these idiots .
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:48 pm

T50 BOS wrote:They do not travel on the Supporters Coach to away games !

It’s more likely that they’re jacked up on Haribo. It is just after Christmas after all. Still working their way through what Father Christmas brought them.

It’ll soon calm down until the Easter Bunny brings them a top-up.
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Tomiswalking wrote:They are very confused. But their actions are clear, time to get rid?

Stewards should be chucking them out one by one. No place for it in the game.
TreeHugger
First Team
First Team

Postby 2017_CoYR » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Foggy wrote:The saddest thing about the activities of this small group is the bad feeling they are causing. In the past I have spoken with numerous people about our club, being a safe and friendly place to come and watch football, particularly if they have young children and want to introduce them to the game we all love. I know that you can't avoid bad language completely in football grounds, though where I sit people regularly voice displeasure if it is heard from the visiting coaching staff, but what we are hearing at the moment from some in the South Stand is pushing it. Given that, and recent events during the Scunthorpe game, I would think twice before bringing a friend or family member to a game...fearful for what they might be exposed to...and that saddens me greatly.

I can understand the frustration of MC about what has been happening recently but he needs to understand that their views are those of a minority, albeit a vocal one, and they don't represent those of the majority of fans who are supportive of what he, the players and the club are trying to achieve.

I totally agree. This isn't my local EFL club but it has been the one I've driven to with my 2 young boys for the past 2-3 seasons.

I've always championed the family atmosphere at The New Lawn and have encouraged friends to attend with their young children too. Sadly this group of prats it tarnishing the reputation of the club.

Express your opinions by all means but there is a way to do it without making yourselves look like a bunch of complete morons.
2017_CoYR
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Bill Shankly » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Those foul language chanting morons are the reason why I go to so few away games.My wife won't even go to the Johnny Rocks now.
They are a disgrace to Fgr and MC is right to be critical.
If any one called me the c word in public the police would be involved.
It's time for FGR to put a stop to these idiots .
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby michael » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:38 pm

for interest :

https://www.efl.com/supporters/enjoy-the-match/

needless to say-it is somewhat unclear as it refers to family areas, but where foul language is a sound (that carries) but may not emanate from a family area-that may be an interesting one to be tested in law .

that given as members of the efl, FGR should have instructed and ensure their stewards abide by this ,which to me is simply :

complaint
warning,
ejection (with subsequnt associated ban )

notwithstanding the above, i felt sure (but can't find it on website) that fgr had their own customer charter encompassing this .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tomiswalking » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Michael, this may be what your looking for

https://www.fgr.co.uk/help/our-policies ... our-policy
Tomiswalking
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:45 pm

yep-along the lines.

a couple of further clicks and you find some stuff under ground regulations :

https://www.fgr.co.uk/help/our-policies ... egulations

i think you have to show a degree of reasonableness but its pretty clear to see that as customers we enter the property with an expectation of this being fulfilled/upheld

9. The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.

these appear to be general efl regulations so applicable at any ground,and i note that these are 2019/20 season regulations, so unlike my post above relating to no foul or abusive language in 'family' areas, the latest regulations apply to any part of the ground.

clause 1.2 is also perhaps quite interesting :
If some of these people are as we have heard minimally annoying Mr Cooper-and from the postings on here-a lot of other spectators -assuming they are identifiable should they not be allowed in/ejected ?

1.2 Whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club’s reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person

no doubt some will retort that swearing and football go together .
they also used to say the world was flat, diesel is better than petrol,no gay people in the armed forces, smoking was normal .

the regulations refer to foul and abusive language -not swearing-better people than me can put their own definitions of what contitutes what and if/how there is a difference .

it may be that the vast majority of people are prepared to accept it/turn a blind eye ,but if a justified complaint is made ,i don't see that the club can ignore it ,and need to act and behave as directed by the efl ground regulations ,exactly the same as spectators have to .
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:13 pm

The big problem with this pathetic minority is that any actions against them will be blown up on their "social" media sites as heavy handed oppression by "the regime", and that they are the innocent victims. Best to let them run their course and let them know what the majority think of them. Of course any actions they take that transcend the rules should be stamped on.

I was particularly disappointed when, at a recent home game, a large banner of Trevor Horsley was displayed. It gave me great pleasure to be reminded of him and all he did for FGR. However someone pointed out that they actually didn't give a toss about TH, and were only using his image to "get at" the current management,. I wonder what his family feel about his image being used in this way. Truly pathetic, childish and insensitive behaviour.

As others have said, if they want to support a friendly amateur football club that is based in Nailsworth then I'm sure Shortwood would be glad of their custom.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:10 pm

The latest thing is that they've invited our new MP down the Nailsworth Social Club on Saturday to discuss the new Stadium!

There's two things here. The first is the few clowns that boo and jeer, who are most likely the same bozos that class themselves as the "official" southstander bods. Plenty already been said on here about them. Likewise, I don't know why they don't go off to Shortwood, it's ideal for them. Whether they are ideal for Shortwood is another matter. Hopefully no-one would be begging them to come back any more to increase the crowd noise. (Don't forget that one of them was a certain Mark Cooper).

The second thing is Mr Cooper. About 150 people made their way to Mansfield, and 7 booed. Week in/week out we cheer him and the team. We pay a lot for tickets and whilst we're not the loudest, we do our best. I get fed up with MC's constant complaining about us and doing his best to prove a point against us. Why he does this is beyond me, perhaps he is so riddled with self-doubt that he has to reflect this on us.

Surely he has been on football for long enough to know that there are always moaners. Most of us think he's doing OK, and really get behind the team, perhaps he should do the same and get behind the real fans.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm

They've invited the new MP?

Be interesting if she actually did turn up, would say a lot if she can make that but apparently can't tmeet with DV.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby voodoobluesman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:03 pm

Not.going.to.happen.
voodoobluesman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:08 pm

voodoobluesman wrote:Not.going.to.happen.

What, her meeting DV or her coming to the Nailsworth Social club? ;)
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team