All about our First Team

Rovers record operating loss of £785k in 2019

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 am

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Rovers record operating loss of £785k in 2019

Postby DIESEL » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

I don’t know whether to be worried out this or not?!
DIESEL
Youth
Youth

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Doesn't fit the mantra posted above the North Stand ...
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:41 pm

In line with pretty much every league 2 club though.

Much better losers than we used to get in non league.
FGR-Ledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby gooseman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Oh, that's alright then.
gooseman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Doesn’t help that attendance is down. A lot of people feel alienated by the club and no longer attend. Home form been terrible for couple of years. Believe club has right blueprint of attracting young lower league players and sell for a profit. Trouble is couple of barren seasons will mean we can no longer play with the big boys.

Just can’t believe club not trying to boost attendance with initiatives.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
First Team
First Team

Postby DIESEL » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:07 pm

I guess the argument would be, has Ecotricity and its associated companies gained £785K+ Profit via the publicity generated from the club? Hard to quantify.
DIESEL
Youth
Youth

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 pm

20yrs and counting wrote: Just can’t believe club not trying to boost attendance with initiatives.

Interesting point there 20+c. Barrow are odds on to join us next season. They are now playing watchable football from the back, new manager, top of the league, 7 points in hand, TREBLED their attendance ... there are THE initiatives!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:48 pm

gooseman wrote:Oh, that's alright then.

Did I say it was alright? No I didn't!

It's funny that other clubs don't seem to have this scrutiny though.

What I would say is that we do not seem to be getting value for money at the moment do we!!

What are these players on wage wise?? They are certainly not earning their corn!!
FGR-Ledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:50 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Doesn’t help that attendance is down. A lot of people feel alienated by the club and no longer attend. Home form been terrible for couple of years. Believe club has right blueprint of attracting young lower league players and sell for a profit. Trouble is couple of barren seasons will mean we can no longer play with the big boys.

Just can’t believe club not trying to boost attendance with initiatives.

Are attendances down??

I think that is one of the few bright spots at the moment that considering our wretched home form we are still getting decent gates.

Tuesday could be very low though, why are there so many Tuesday games this season?? That's a joke too!!
FGR-Ledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:
20yrs and counting wrote: Just can’t believe club not trying to boost attendance with initiatives.

Interesting point there 20+c. Barrow are odds on to join us next season. They are now playing watchable football from the back, new manager, top of the league, 7 points in hand, TREBLED their attendance ... there are THE initiatives!

Exactly, if Barrow were having the home season we are, they would be getting half our home crowds in my opinion.
FGR-Ledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 pm

Attendance definitely down in North and South stands, maybe up in East stand. That tells its own story. Believe Barrow are bankrolled by US benefactor. Things have gone stale at FGR and things need shaking/freshening up. We do not feel as one at the club with many factions. Big job for DV and Henry to get us back on track.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
First Team
First Team

Postby stewjackhannah » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:06 pm

we've trebled our gates when compared to our annual struggle in the national league - i remember gates of 600 or so when we started coming
as dales in the race for the long run this is a non story
stewjackhannah
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGR-Ledge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:09 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Attendance definitely down in North and South stands, maybe up in East stand. That tells its own story. Believe Barrow are bankrolled by US benefactor. Things have gone stale at FGR and things need shaking/freshening up. We do not feel as one at the club with many factions. Big job for DV and Henry to get us back on track.

Do agree with a lot of your points there.
FGR-Ledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NeilC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:19 pm

In many ways it’s more important to see Ecotricity’s results for the same period. They are not yet available on companies house but are due.
NeilC
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:
What I would say is that we do not seem to be getting value for money at the moment do we!!

What are these players on wage wise?? They are certainly not earning their corn!!

Doesn't that depend on where our budget is in comparison to other clubs? If our budget is 9th or lower then we are getting value for money.

Also those financial results reflect last seasons wages, since then we've lost the likes of Doidge, Brown and Reid and replaced them with mainly youngsters or players out of non league. Think our accounts will look a bit healthier next year. Especially given Bolton have finally coughed up plus we might be able to sell one or two more players in the summer.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby DIESEL » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:42 pm

stewjackhannah wrote:we've trebled our gates when compared to our annual struggle in the national league - i remember gates of 600 or so when we started coming
as dales in the race for the long run this is a non story

Totally agree, as we are not able to see the big long term financial picture.
My biggest fear is we do a Rushden & Diamonds and my kids won’t have a club to support.
On the positive side, our business model has worked at Brentford and they are now on the cusp of top tier football. It’s just taken time.
I guess patience is a virtue and puts our current form on the pitch into perspective when comparing the mystical big picture!
DIESEL
Youth
Youth

Postby DIESEL » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 pm

20yrs and counting wrote:Attendance definitely down in North and South stands, maybe up in East stand. That tells its own story. Believe Barrow are bankrolled by US benefactor. Things have gone stale at FGR and things need shaking/freshening up. We do not feel as one at the club with many factions. Big job for DV and Henry to get us back on track.

If attendances are down this season, then this will be reflected in the financial reports released next year I would guess.
That said, I agree with the requirement of various incentives to increase attendances. After all it is vital in the long term.
DIESEL
Youth
Youth

Postby NewForestRover » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 pm

This question has been asked before by others but I’ve never seen a reply.

Do attendances include season tickets sold rather than whether or not they are actually there?
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47 pm

Probably, tickets sold.

Crowds are up I believe, not down, despite the general downer.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team