Match thread from The New Lawn (Port Vale).

All about our First Team

Re: Match thread from The New Lawn (Port Vale).

Postby Silver Surfer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 pm

FGR-Ledge wrote:

Would disagree on Cooper's success though. I would say Frank Gregan is FGR's most successful manager by a long way.

Good call. Frank's achievement in getting a village club into the conference was incredible.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this message, but some electrons became agitated.
Silver Surfer
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:
FGR-Ledge wrote:

Would disagree on Cooper's success though. I would say Frank Gregan is FGR's most successful manager by a long way.

Good call. Frank's achievement in getting a village club into the conference was incredible.

Interesting that the man himself thinks very highly of Cooper. https://mobile.twitter.com/Greegers/sta ... 4145566722
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 pm

I wasn't one of those on here calling for us to bring in another keeper (especially on loan!)

I was questioning here recently the reasons why Lewis Thomas had been replaced because I couldn't remember him making too many major mistakes:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109222

So he was at fault for the Scunthorpe goals but is that a good enough reason to demote him to 3rd choice so soon after a player of the month nomination. Maybe he was just having an off-day.

I think it's about time he got another chance to play a few matches. We might even have some clean sheets again!
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:23 pm

Ignore my post.

I wrote it before I saw our team line-up!

:D
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:25 pm

I know you weren’t NFR, but you’re also not one of those that abuses players either. Having an opinion on team selection is fine, but abusing players who you might not rate isn’t, it’s not their fault they’re picked. As long as they give 100% they deserve support, whoever they are.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team