Leyton Orient Postponed

All about our First Team

Re: Leyton Orient Postponed

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 pm

Followed my ex home-town club, Barrow today. Storming to auto to EFL 2 with 8 poits clear at the top.

That Ian Evatt, ex Chesterfield man has worked wonders with them and his philosophy ... PLAY IT OUT FROM THE BACK! :o
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:43 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Followed my ex home-town club, Barrow today. Storming to auto to EFL 2 with 8 poits clear at the top.

That Ian Evatt, ex Chesterfield man has worked wonders with them and his philosophy ... PLAY IT OUT FROM THE BACK! :o

Yes, thats my fear F/A, Carlisle and Barrow in division 2 together, knowing the F.A, thats two evening games sorted
John Whiffen
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:57 pm

John Whiffen wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Followed my ex home-town club, Barrow today. Storming to auto to EFL 2 with 8 poits clear at the top.

Yes, thats my fear F/A, Carlisle and Barrow in division 2 together, knowing the F.A, thats two evening games sorted

Better financially if our games at home against these sides are Tuesday night. They are likely to be low attendance on Saturday games so the ‘lost’ revenue from switching to Tuesday will be lower than teams like Mansfield or Northampton where the difference between Saturday and Tuesday will be greater and more costly.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Dougal » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:24 pm

Glad it was cancelled. Much worse getting called off at halftime or similar. Early decision was good call imo.
Dougal
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bill Shankly » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 pm

I said oh no to lovren.
So slow cant play a high lone and he never wins a header or first ball v deeney.
Henderson is a 0big.miss on tempo.

Least I am not moaning gabout an fgr defeat...mind you Swindon away beckons s.

Watford won because they are well coached and applied themselves from the first minute of each half.

Viz a viz Matt mills /Dejan Lovren pace is a requirement in the modern game.
At least Jurgen come on and said we were poor but did not criticise the players.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Bill Shankly wrote:
Watford won because they are well coached and applied themselves from the first minute of each half.

No they didn’t.
It was because a few of us needed them to win and our prayers were answered.

:D
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:56 am

How bad was the pitch after watching Quest highlights Bradford and Exeter's were truly dreadful and were at best marginal..Their entire pitches were a muddy morass but without standing surface water. There are now very few decent pitches in League 2

Garden now saturated it would fail an inspection this morning...lol !

But the grass is growing so I need to get my mower serviced this week.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby T50 BOS » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Wonder when this will be rearranged. Normally get an update quite quickly ?!
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby paulK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Bill Shankly wrote:How bad was the pitch after watching Quest highlights Bradford and Exeter's were truly dreadful and were at best marginal..Their entire pitches were a muddy morass but without standing surface water. There are now very few decent pitches in League 2

And the issue becomes not so much whether the game should have gone ahead but how much has the pitch been ruined for the rest of the season.

With the amount of football played, pitches rarely get enough recovery time. Must be a constant battle for the groundsmen but, of course, there is less money to sort out the issues, the further you go down through the leagues.
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby cookiemonster » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Give the groundstaff in EFL2 some credit - that was the wettest February since records began. The preceding months weren't exactly droughts either.
cookiemonster
First Team
First Team

Postby John Whiffen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
John Whiffen wrote:

Better financially if our games at home against these sides are Tuesday night. They are likely to be low attendance on Saturday games so the ‘lost’ revenue from switching to Tuesday will be lower than teams like Mansfield or Northampton where the difference between Saturday and Tuesday will be greater and more costly.

I totally agree EE but travelling back from these evenings until 3am is not much fun for us.

I know we have a choice but thats addiction for you !!!! This retired life is fantastic though !!
John Whiffen
Top Manager
Top Manager

Previous

Return to FGR First Team