Eco Park pushes on

All about our First Team

Re: Eco Park pushes on

Postby Eco-Exile » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Chrisgump11 wrote:E-E's posts sadden me. One of the reason's why the Forum has become a pretty humourless place of late, unappealing to me. Sorry

Some of his views may have an iota of truth. But the overall effect is unbalanced and bordering on abusive, particularly of Dale Vince. I wonder if he's ever spoken to Dale? Is it not possible to express a view and accept that others disagree?

I've met and spoken to Dale on many occasions. I cannot call him a friend but I respect what he has done for Ecotricity & FGR and that he's 100% genuine. How many football club Chairs can you say that about? He's been fantastic for FGR, building on the work of several visionary FGR Chairs and guiding us to a place no one could have imagined when I wacthed my first matches 35 years ago.

Dale's always looked at the long term and still does - another facet that makes him stand out. And so many of his leading innovations are now common place, including his eco-policies, vegan menu, the Ambassadors scheme and so much else. As a result, untold numbers of people, companies and broadcasters from around the world come to see how it has been done. Most of us are very proud of him and thankful he came on the scene when he did

Back to the subject of this thread. When I first moved to Stroud, it was the poorest district in Glos along with FoD. In the recessions of the last milennium we lost the likes of Stroud & Swindon BS then Coventry BS as main employers, even the DHSS offices at Tricorn House. Thank heavens that Ecotricity emerged and made strides along with companies like Renishaw. And FGR has emerged as a focus for local pride

Yet we now face huge competition all around us. Cribbs Causeway proposes to double in size, and the Brabazon hangar will contain the long awaited Events centre for Bristol. South Wales can offer free serviced sites on the M4 to attract replacements for such as the Ford Engine Plant. Swindon has to replace the vast employment & wealth that will disappear with Honda. Then there's expanding Gloucester, Cheltenham & the Midlands.

Junction 13 Stadium & Eco park will underline 'Stroud's Offer' with real jobs in new industries that are so important to the next decades. The parkland and canal restoration will also benefit Stroud as it changes from shopping centre to tourist destination. The development of both has unrivalled potential in my adult life, to offer our children & grandchildren.

Scoff if you like, but Stroud's relative affluence is quite a recent phenomena. And as a retired Development Surveyor, Junction 13 Stadium & Eco Park is the most exciting proposal I've seen for our district. For all our sakes, I hope it happens

I said there is an equally long, or longer list of fantastic positive things about the club. I was asked specifically about negatives. But on the whole I am much more positive!!
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:57 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:I said there is an equally long, or longer list of fantastic positive things about the club. I was asked specifically about negatives. But on the whole I am much more positive!!

Not true.
ChrisGump nailed your input straight on the head.
Since you signed onto the FGR forum you have created more disharmony than probably any other recent newcomer.
Your avatar states you live in Norfolk, so go and watch Norwich and leave us alone.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:02 am

The Old TomCat wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:I said there is an equally long, or longer list of fantastic positive things about the club. I was asked specifically about negatives. But on the whole I am much more positive!!

Not true.
ChrisGump nailed your input straight on the head.
Since you signed onto the FGR forum you have created more disharmony than probably any other recent newcomer.
Your avatar states you live in Norfolk, so go and watch Norwich and leave us alone.

It is true. Read the post made earlier in this thread. I was asked a question in good faith what the concerns of fans were. I listed in good faith the concerns even if I don’t agree with them all they are known and valid. At the end of the post I said there are “just as many if not more positives” about the Club. That is true, you can be able to read so in the post.

I then also started a thread called ‘why do you support FGR’ where I stated the reasons why I love the club and have supported for life and everything about FGR which makes me proud and happy.

That thread will explain why there is not a purpose for me to watch Norwich as I am a proud supporter of the fantastic FGR and so will always be.

As for ChrisGump’s other points, the ‘Why do you support FGR’ thread is just an example of several times where I have show praise and gratitude to Dale for not just what he has done at the FGR but for making the world better. I have repeated on multiple occasions how inspiring he has been to pioneer renewable energy and sustainability (including veganism) and I thank him for leading the UK’s response to climate change. A deserved UN recognised leader and for FGR to lead and be recognised is one of the best things I have felt a part of. So do not ever accuse me of not liking the club or Dale. Yes I can identify valid concerns but the higher picture is most important. New stadium for FGR, a more sustainable football league and a more sustainable world. That is the amazing journey we have been on and look forward to continue.

Plus being born and growing up in the Stroud area with family who have lived there longer than that does not mean I need Chrisgump to patronise me with a primary school grade economic history lesson.
Last edited by Eco-Exile on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby 20yrs and counting » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Well done on sticking up for yourself EE. There are quite a few who think they are a cut above the rest on here. The true supporters of FGR welcome all. That’s why there are so many factions at the club.
We’re black, we’re white, we’re flipin dynamite, forest green, forest green.....
20yrs and counting
First Team
First Team

Postby Bronco » Mon May 25, 2020 2:55 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52771270

I see a pic of Eco Park is used to illustrate this story on the BBC today but its not made clear if the new restrictions will have any effect on the stadium being built?
Bronco
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 am

It is being spoken out loud that perhaps 50 clubs could go bust by end of pandemic.
DV has indicated that FGR will not be one of them so it could possibly mean that FGR would become a 2nd tier [Championship] club only four years after being promoted to the EFL.
I want the very best for FGR but not at the expense of the existence of other clubs. The price is too high.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue May 26, 2020 10:32 am

Bronco wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52771270

I see a pic of Eco Park is used to illustrate this story on the BBC today but its not made clear if the new restrictions will have any effect on the stadium being built?

It says the height of timber framed buildings would be limited to 4 floors/11 metres.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 am

Dale speaks about latest news concerning Eco Park in first five minutes of broadcast and it is all GOOD news.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/672904/43768 ... qMLeDCTg7w
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby John Whiffen » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:46 pm

[quote="The Old TomCat"]Dale speaks about latest news concerning Eco Park in first five minutes of broadcast and it is all GOOD news.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/672904/43768 ... qMLeDCTg7w[/quote

Very interesting if you have 20 odd minutes to spare....
John Whiffen
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:39 pm

John Whiffen wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:Dale speaks about latest news concerning Eco Park in first five minutes of broadcast and it is all GOOD news.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/672904/43768 ... qMLeDCTg7w[/quote

Very interesting if you have 20 odd minutes to spare....

John,
I did say the first five minutes.
And yes you are right, it is interesting :D
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 pm

Good news that the business park idea is coming back. Those are the sorts of jobs the UK and Stroud need to offset the massive job losses we are going to see because of Covid-19. Trouble is, the Ecopark is still years away
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:28 am

Yes it is; but at same time, if this all goes according to how DV describes it, the first stage planning process should be done and dusted in next couple of weeks , (never assume )on to detailed design and planning issues associated with that (thats a year at least ).

maybe just maybe build starts mid 2021,and could be ready for start of 2022/23 season,which is a year earlier than i thought .
Just 2 years away .

Again-maybe the training pitches in under 12 months from now ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Tommo wrote:Good news that the business park idea is coming back. Those are the sorts of jobs the UK and Stroud need to offset the massive job losses we are going to see because of Covid-19. Trouble is, the Ecopark is still years away

If unemployment markedly increases in the Stroud area, then councillors, our MP and other objectors may regret their delaying tactics.

I visited the Green Shop in Bisley this morning - a very enterprising establishment adjoining a petrol station. Interesting the owner says the shop business has soared during Covid.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andywhiting69 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:04 pm

should have pooped down to workshops below shop for a chat !!
best wishes andy
andywhiting69
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andywhiting69 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:05 pm

shoud have read popped not pooped , 2 big differences
best wishes andy
andywhiting69
Reserves
Reserves