Eco Park pushes on

All about our First Team

Re: Eco Park pushes on

Postby Bristol_Green » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:Concerns have been documented well over the previous months and year, as have the positives. If you refuse to acknowledge any of the valid complaints that’s is as ignorant and dismissive as those who refuse to acknowledge the positives.
OK.

Give us your 'valid' complaints?

All I get when I ask people on social media is incoherent abuse.
Bristol_Green
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Bristol_Green wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:Concerns have been documented well over the previous months and year, as have the positives. If you refuse to acknowledge any of the valid complaints that’s is as ignorant and dismissive as those who refuse to acknowledge the positives.
OK.

Give us your 'valid' complaints?

All I get when I ask people on social media is incoherent abuse.

The attitude of the manager to the supporters, swearing at journalists in interviews, and his comments about players, all time whilst not taking any responsibility for the atrocious form in the last 20 games.

The attitude of the club towards different areas of the ground, for example inconsistent stewarding and disproportionate stewarding in different areas, lack of soap, warm water, driers, accessible catering, etc in some parts of the ground. Lack of investment in any of the facilities apart from the main stand, where previous public space has been made hospitality only.

A chairman who displays arrogance and brings politics into play, calling the nation a banana republic, insulting a new great MP, blaming local politicians for not getting his own way unquestioned first time. (Note I do not view the excellent work on sustainability to be politics - that is just about doing the right thing which we do very well). Dale’s views on politics are in contrast to his actions when looking to favour corporate hospitality above everything else in matchday.

Ticket prices which are amongst the highest, and £2 higher than Cheltenham for example.

No plans to sort out transport access at the current stadium - eg restricting car numbers and hugely increasing number and frequency of buses from multiple park and ride sites.

Crass nonsense like the stars on the shirts that make us as fans look arrogant and sees the club rightly mocked.

Underinvestment in the women’s team and lack of information and coverage of the women’s team.

Those are the main ones. Some more major than others, and some which compound others, and some which could be put up with in isolation but not when part of the overall package.

I could name just as many or even more positive things about the fantastic position we are in and the future we are creating.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:46 pm

God sake let her have the last word or this thread will be 10 pages by the morning.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:47 pm

twoguns wrote:God sake let her have the last word or this thread will be 10 pages by the morning.

Saying there are positives and negatives about the current situation is hardly a controversial point - I do not know why Bristol Green thought that was something to argue against in the first place. It should not take ten pages for the obvious to be stated.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:00 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
twoguns wrote:God sake let her have the last word or this thread will be 10 pages by the morning.

Saying there are positives and negatives about the current situation is hardly a controversial point - I do not know why Bristol Green thought that was something to argue against in the first place. It should not take ten pages for the obvious to be stated.

Might be because this is the ECO PARK PUSHES ON thread which as usual you totally ignore. Nothing do do with what you are rattling on about.

COW
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:20 pm

Lady Magpie wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:

Might be because this is the ECO PARK PUSHES ON thread which as usual you totally ignore. Nothing do do with what you are rattling on about.

COW

I responded to the topics and points in the previous post to mine. That is how discussion and conversation works. And your unhelpful intervention has just taken it even further away from the subject.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
Lady Magpie wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:

COW

I responded to the topics and points in the previous post to mine. That is how discussion and conversation works. And your unhelpful intervention has just taken it even further away from the subject.

Well done you got the last word in.
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Game Within » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:51 pm

EE why do you bother to support us then.
The Game Within
First Team
First Team

Postby Eco-Exile » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:56 pm

The Game Within wrote:EE why do you bother to support us then.

Because I was born and raised in the Stroud area so grew up supporting the club and it is my club. And in recent years because of the great ambition of Dale Vince and his fantastic leadership on sustainability and doing things the right way. I am proud of my club. That doesn’t mean I can’t notice or comment on negatives.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby twoguns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 pm

I rest my case your Honour.
follow me on twitter @stevegriffin1
twoguns
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Eco-Exile » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:58 am

twoguns wrote:I rest my case your Honour.

I was asked a question directly so of course I will answer, it is the polite thing to do.

Not polite so much is comments like yours, which I will also answer to as I stand up to bullies.

If you do not like me posting then do not ask me a direct question or make a remark about me as I will answer to both always.
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:12 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51 am

Given the amount of rhetoric that has been posted on the forum in respect of progress and success vs. "the past", I found this particularly shocking.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51800444

In brief, Village club, population half of Nailsworth rises to the champions league in 10 years.

I see no excuse for the vilification at that level. Makes this forum and our fans mild by comparison but could it escalate? Only time will tell.
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby paulK » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:05 am

Eco-Exile wrote:
You branded every supporter who has concerns as a young meat eating Brexit voter. That is a very divisive accusation.

PCTKB ?
My mileage; yours may vary, of course.....
paulK
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Old TomCat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:06 am

paulK wrote:
Eco-Exile wrote:
You branded every supporter who has concerns as a young meat eating Brexit voter. That is a very divisive accusation.

PCTKB ?

I had to look that up:
"The pot calling the kettle black"
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Chrisgump11 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:11 pm

E-E's posts sadden me. One of the reason's why the Forum has become a pretty humourless place of late, unappealing to me. Sorry

Some of his views may have an iota of truth. But the overall effect is unbalanced and bordering on abusive, particularly of Dale Vince. I wonder if he's ever spoken to Dale? Is it not possible to express a view and accept that others disagree?

I've met and spoken to Dale on many occasions. I cannot call him a friend but I respect what he has done for Ecotricity & FGR and that he's 100% genuine. How many football club Chairs can you say that about? He's been fantastic for FGR, building on the work of several visionary FGR Chairs and guiding us to a place no one could have imagined when I wacthed my first matches 35 years ago.

Dale's always looked at the long term and still does - another facet that makes him stand out. And so many of his leading innovations are now common place, including his eco-policies, vegan menu, the Ambassadors scheme and so much else. As a result, untold numbers of people, companies and broadcasters from around the world come to see how it has been done. Most of us are very proud of him and thankful he came on the scene when he did

Back to the subject of this thread. When I first moved to Stroud, it was the poorest district in Glos along with FoD. In the recessions of the last milennium we lost the likes of Stroud & Swindon BS then Coventry BS as main employers, even the DHSS offices at Tricorn House. Thank heavens that Ecotricity emerged and made strides along with companies like Renishaw. And FGR has emerged as a focus for local pride

Yet we now face huge competition all around us. Cribbs Causeway proposes to double in size, and the Brabazon hangar will contain the long awaited Events centre for Bristol. South Wales can offer free serviced sites on the M4 to attract replacements for such as the Ford Engine Plant. Swindon has to replace the vast employment & wealth that will disappear with Honda. Then there's expanding Gloucester, Cheltenham & the Midlands.

Junction 13 Stadium & Eco park will underline 'Stroud's Offer' with real jobs in new industries that are so important to the next decades. The parkland and canal restoration will also benefit Stroud as it changes from shopping centre to tourist destination. The development of both has unrivalled potential in my adult life, to offer our children & grandchildren.

Scoff if you like, but Stroud's relative affluence is quite a recent phenomena. And as a retired Development Surveyor, Junction 13 Stadium & Eco Park is the most exciting proposal I've seen for our district. For all our sakes, I hope it happens
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Foggy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Much of the above post has some merit, but is undone right at the start by the mis-gendering of E-E...this highlights one of the problems of the forum, many people post but don't listen!
The future is bright, the future is green...Forest Green!
#BLM
Foggy
Top Manager
Top Manager

Location: The other side of the hill...living in the land of the eggmen!

Postby michael » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:22 pm

sort of correct, but where in most instances on this forum people are not identified/known (and then with trans-gendering who can tell peoples true genders even then -not that it matters anyway.

where people declare themselves as male /female/unsure etc. that may not necessarily be true .

if i declare myself as male-how would you know that is true ? I could be female (or vice versa ) ?
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:46 pm

michael wrote:sort of correct, but where in most instances on this forum people are not identified/known (and then with trans-gendering who can tell peoples true genders even then -not that it matters anyway.

where people declare themselves as male /female/unsure etc. that may not necessarily be true .

if i declare myself as male-how would you know that is true ? I could be female (or vice versa ) ?

^^ this ^^

If you don't know forum members personally, there is no way of knowing that what they say on here is true.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Agreed NFR.

Plenty of time off the pitch to get ducks in a row for the next stages of the new stadium, providing that cashflow can cope.

Cashflow is now even more king than before the beginning of March.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team