Ticket refunds

All about our First Team

Ticket refunds

Postby andyp » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Anyone know what is happening? I purchased 5 tickets for the Cheltenham game, are the Club going to give refunds?
andyp
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Timb » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:49 pm

There is something in the Q&A with the CE. All up in the air at the moment I believe.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Timb wrote:There is something in the Q&A with the CE. All up in the air at the moment I believe.

Yep. About third question/answer in. https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/march-2020/q ... y-staelens

I thought this was a really good piece even if not all the answers can be definitive yet
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Interesting that Henry uses the phrase “ part refunds” ??!
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby DominicH » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Presume "part refund" would apply to season tickets, not to those for individual games that have been postponed (or more likely, I think, cancelled)
DominicH
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Too occasional fan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:14 am

The club needs to face the situation.

Furloughing all the staff and potentially having no-one to deal with and answer questions isn't brilliant.

Hopefully there are enough staff left to deal with things like this.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 am

Easy for me to say since I'm not yet on the breadline but I would prefer lower priced season tickets next year rather than a refund that would reverse money out of the club in a way it hasn't budgeted for. Lowering season ticket prices for next year might increase numbers of takers and leave the club in less of a financial hole over the 2-3 year period.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby lovejoy2 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Tommo wrote:Easy for me to say since I'm not yet on the breadline but I would prefer lower priced season tickets next year rather than a refund that would reverse money out of the club in a way it hasn't budgeted for. Lowering season ticket prices for next year might increase numbers of takers and leave the club in less of a financial hole over the 2-3 year period.

Agree 100% with this.
lovejoy2
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:18 pm

If there is no vaccine there is no live football for me. So a refund is a must as there will be no season ticket renewal either.....unless we are able to get xxxl green full bio hazmat suits for watching. Lol.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team

Postby chrism » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:28 pm

Agreed. In isolation for 12 weeks but fear it could be a lot longer as restrictions on others are relaxed and things take off again.
chrism
Reserves
Reserves

Postby T50 BOS » Sat May 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Seems this topic has started to appear on other threads ......... partial refunds for existing season ticket, refunds for other tickets and travel home and away .............. and also the not so small matter of buying season tickets for next season ?
Given that we aren't going to play any part in what finally happens re L2 play-offs etc surely the Club have some answers on all ticketing matters that they could update us on ???
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby The Old TomCat » Sat May 23, 2020 7:23 pm

As previously mention by some this subject has been mentioned on other threads but I will repeat what I plan.

It is different for some who maybe are struggling financially but I will not to be claiming any refund on my season ticket.
I also intend buying the next season ticket as soon as available.

I didn't get around to purchasing any away tickets so am not in same position as Cheltenham fans who paid for ElGlosico and now want their money back.

All clubs are struggling financially, even those with a billionaire owner, so I hope my little bit for FGR will hopefully help them stave off going bust.
Chairmen of our two closest clubs, Swindon & Cheltenham, have both expressed misgivings that they may not be financially fit to return once resumption of football is permitted.
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby NewForestRover » Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 pm

This subject was brought up on another thread and my response was the same. Why expect refunds?!!

Season tickets were discounted anyway.

So East stand (not premium) 23 x 23 = 529. Season ticket 391
Premium 25 x 23 = 575. Season ticket 425
Standing 18 x 23 = 414. Season ticket 300

Five home games left = 115 East, 125 Premium and 90 Standing.
So no-one has actually lost any money.

Those that recently purchased tickets to home/away games of course should be refunded.
Always Looking On The Bright Side
NewForestRover
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby michael » Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 pm

am i correct that the season has not formally been declared over yet .

yes-its heading in that direction -but dd not the clubs attach the proviso that there would be no relegation(stevenage ) and that does not sit well with the EFL

It looks like the clubs will have to accept relegation, but until everything is formalised and legalised ,why would FGR even think of announcing something ?
extremely unlikely , but U -turns have been known
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby T50 BOS » Sun May 24, 2020 9:25 am

Take your point in principle NFR although there are 6 home games outstanding not 5 - however I agree it still amounts to "break-even" on your calculations.
The concern I suspect for some is that they paid out money up front to obtain a better deal and therefore not have to pay £23 per match but £17 otherwise why bother?

Great that people are suggesting and offering not to want money back but I suppose if you compare the situation to having paid in advance for concert or theatre tickets for shows which are now cancelled then full refunds have been made .... or in some cases tickets rolled over for a rearranged event.

For a non-premium East Stand seat at season ticket prices the Club have not given it's customers 6 x £17 (£102) worth of value by not playing the games so for those who do not wish to make a "donation" equivalent to this amount perhaps this is offered as a discount on 20/21 season ticket prices?

Not certain where I stand on the debate at the moment specific to FGR but I certainly wont be donating my £135 to a certain Mr Buble if his Bath gig cancels in July nor to Easyjet for my flight to Berlin!!
T50 BOS
First Team
First Team

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Sun May 24, 2020 9:53 am

michael wrote:am i correct that the season has not formally been declared over yet .

yes-its heading in that direction -but dd not the clubs attach the proviso that there would be no relegation(stevenage ) and that does not sit well with the EFL

It looks like the clubs will have to accept relegation, but until everything is formalised and legalised ,why would FGR even think of announcing something ?
extremely unlikely , but U -turns have been known

Whether or not one team is relegated, the season is still over. The club need to be planning for next season and showing live games via subscription. You cannot observe any form of social distancing while squeezing along a row of seats even if every other seat is empty.
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun May 24, 2020 10:12 am

Looking at the terms and conditions (and not being a lawyer) it seems that you have no right to a refund in circumstances outside the club’s control. Caveat emptor, I guess.
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby TreeinWillsbridge » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 am

Too occasional fan wrote:Looking at the terms and conditions (and not being a lawyer) it seems that you have no right to a refund in circumstances outside the club’s control. Caveat emptor, I guess.

That will be Latin for 'You're Screwed' then I guess? ;)
TreeinWillsbridge
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 am

It can be :lol:
The gimlet of the forum.
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Bill Shankly » Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 am