Ticket refunds

All about our First Team

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Bill Shankly » Sun May 24, 2020 1:40 pm

I paid by credit car ...phew sect 75 .here I come if they play that game.

I really hope the club has a better moral compass than hiding behind that clause.....but I have my doubts i.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby michael » Sun May 24, 2020 3:07 pm

is it interesting how short lived the much proclaimed buzzword at the start of all of this was 'forbearance ',which has been swiftly replaced by self interest-be it genuinely needed/not needed or simply to stir the pot .

everyones circumstances and agenda's are of course different
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 8054
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun May 24, 2020 4:39 pm

On this thread I sated I would not be chasing any refunds because I have the benefit of the club I love at heart.

I suspect all refunds will be made to those who claim whenever the situation is finalised.

Season tickets are paid for in advance so nobody is suffering because they have not had a rebate.
To state otherwise is a manufactured complaint.
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun May 24, 2020 5:00 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:Season tickets are paid for in advance so nobody is suffering because they have not had a rebate.
To state otherwise is a manufactured complaint.


All football tickets are paid for in advance!!!
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby The Old TomCat » Sun May 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Too occasional fan wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:Season tickets are paid for in advance so nobody is suffering because they have not had a rebate.
To state otherwise is a manufactured complaint.


All football tickets are paid for in advance!!![/quote]

YES
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun May 24, 2020 5:58 pm

So you don't think that anyone should get a refund - e.g. the Cheltenham fans that bought away tickets?
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Bill Shankly » Sun May 24, 2020 6:57 pm

We should have a rebate or a discount of next tickets.

I am happy to show forbearance but my pension has been hammered ...would fgr show me forbearance and let me have a ticket pay the finally 1/3 when I can afford it

Football is now a business it's only the fans that show misguided loyalty.

We were charged for disabled parking this year not much forbearance to those who cant walk cycle or use public transport.

I live in hope that the club survives and does the right thing.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Timb » Sun May 24, 2020 7:58 pm

In my opinion there should be no refunds.

There should be a big discount when tickets go on sale for the next season, whenever that may be. For all season ticket holders from last season.

You have to draw a line somewhere. The line has been drawn under this season. Players are still under contract and being paid or furloughed.

It's a crazy situation but if you as a supporter are being furloughed you're being paid and probably spending a fraction of what you did a few months ago apart from the mortgage (which you should have a holiday on anyway).

These are extraordinary times. Demanding a refund seems a bit out of place if you support FGR. And the government are paying you if you're not working. If you're not going to footy then you're probably in pocket not out of pocket.

That's my opinion.
User avatar
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 6718
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm
Location: SW18

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun May 24, 2020 8:19 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
Too occasional fan wrote:So you don't think that anyone should get a refund - e.g. the Cheltenham fans that bought away tickets?


Are you being foolish or does it come natural to you.
Reread my previous posts for answer.


Tom, step back.
Stop showing yourself up.
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Too occasional fan » Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Timb wrote:In my opinion there should be no refunds.

There should be a big discount when tickets go on sale for the next season, whenever that may be. For all season ticket holders from last season.

You have to draw a line somewhere. The line has been drawn under this season. Players are still under contract and being paid or furloughed.

It's a crazy situation but if you as a supporter are being furloughed you're being paid and probably spending a fraction of what you did a few months ago apart from the mortgage (which you should have a holiday on anyway).

These are extraordinary times. Demanding a refund seems a bit out of place if you support FGR. And the government are paying you if you're not working. If you're not going to footy then you're probably in pocket not out of pocket.

That's my opinion.


I've not given my opinion so far, but I think this is fair.
The gimlet of the forum.
User avatar
Too occasional fan
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby twinkletoes » Sun May 24, 2020 11:08 pm

The old tom cat, the man whose opinion matters most of all. The man i confronted at Gateshead a few seasons ago wearing a Cheltenham town scarf!! Asked him what the hell he was doing "supporting" forest green rovers, he said he "supported" Cheltenham in the football league and forest green in the conference. No respect for him or his opinions.
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon May 25, 2020 11:54 am

twinkletoes wrote:The old tom cat, the man whose opinion matters most of all. The man i confronted at Gateshead a few seasons ago wearing a Cheltenham town scarf!! Asked him what the hell he was doing "supporting" forest green rovers, he said he "supported" Cheltenham in the football league and forest green in the conference. No respect for him or his opinions.

I have no recollection of that meeting but will accept Gateshead was the first ever away match I attended at a time that I had been alternating between home fixtures of the two top clubs in Gloucestershire.
On the trip back to TNL I became a firm 100% FGR supporter even foregoing my first love ARSENAL.
There was no animosity between the two Gloucestershire clubs at that time which was about six years ago just after I had moved to Stroud.
I therefore offer no apology for something that may have happened many years ago.
But it shows that I am prepared to wise up and change.
Can you do same?
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Eco-Exile » Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 pm

The Old TomCat wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:The old tom cat, the man whose opinion matters most of all. The man i confronted at Gateshead a few seasons ago wearing a Cheltenham town scarf!! Asked him what the hell he was doing "supporting" forest green rovers, he said he "supported" Cheltenham in the football league and forest green in the conference. No respect for him or his opinions.

I have no recollection of that meeting but will accept Gateshead was the first ever away match I attended at a time that I had been alternating between home fixtures of the two top clubs in Gloucestershire.
On the trip back to TNL I became a firm 100% FGR supporter even foregoing my first love ARSENAL.
There was no animosity between the two Gloucestershire clubs at that time which was about six years ago just after I had moved to Stroud.
I therefore offer no apology for something that may have happened many years ago.
But it shows that I am prepared to wise up and change.
Can you do same?


I was based in Paris during the time six years ago so I wouldn’t have seen you at games however the obvious question to consider is if you were alternating the home fixtures why were you at Gateshead? I have never been there or anywhere in that region though I understand it is a long way (about 260 miles use the phrase du jour!)
Eco-Exile
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby The Old TomCat » Mon May 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Eco-Exile wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:The old tom cat, the man whose opinion matters most of all. The man i confronted at Gateshead a few seasons ago wearing a Cheltenham town scarf!! Asked him what the hell he was doing "supporting" forest green rovers, he said he "supported" Cheltenham in the football league and forest green in the conference. No respect for him or his opinions.

I have no recollection of that meeting but will accept Gateshead was the first ever away match I attended at a time that I had been alternating between home fixtures of the two top clubs in Gloucestershire.
On the trip back to TNL I became a firm 100% FGR supporter even foregoing my first love ARSENAL.
There was no animosity between the two Gloucestershire clubs at that time which was about six years ago just after I had moved to Stroud.
I therefore offer no apology for something that may have happened many years ago.
But it shows that I am prepared to wise up and change.
Can you do same?


I was based in Paris during the time six years ago so I wouldn’t have seen you at games however the obvious question to consider is if you were alternating the home fixtures why were you at Gateshead? I have never been there or anywhere in that region though I understand it is a long way (about 260 miles use the phrase du jour!)


It is a story I told many times.
FGR offered free coach travel to game which I accepted and thereby became full time FGR supporter.
User avatar
The Old TomCat
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Stroud

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Kentstripe » Mon May 25, 2020 2:42 pm

OTC is clearly a committed supporter, but in general why would someone like twinkletoes feel they have the right to 'confront' someone attending an FGR match for wearing another teams colours? Anyone and everyone should be welcome to come along, whether they are hardened FGR supporters or fans of another club coming along for the day.

Plenty of our fans support more then one team anyway.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby twinkletoes » Mon May 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Kentstripe, please dont tell me that plenty of our supporters support Cheltenham!!
twinkletoes
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Kentstripe » Tue May 26, 2020 2:02 am

twinkletoes wrote:Kentstripe, please dont tell me that plenty of our supporters support Cheltenham!!


Never said they were.

Just said that fans of any club, be that Cheltenham or whoever, should be perfectly welcome to come along to watch FGR if they want, without being confronted about it. There is no historical rivalry, this isn't the old firm or something. Quite a few Cheltenham fans used to come along and watch us from time to time, inc at the FA Trophy finals.
User avatar
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager
 
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby FGRWill » Tue May 26, 2020 3:40 pm

Bringing this (slightly) more back onto topic.

We've just posted the following on ticket refunds:

"We’re hoping to have confirmation in the next week whether our season will continue or not. Once we we have that we’ll be in position to implement a policy regards refund payments for casual tickets , as well as options for season tickets and hospitality bookings. It’s taken longer than we hoped to get a clear decision from the EFL, but it can only be a few more days now."
FGRWill
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby Bill Shankly » Tue May 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Thank you Will,I hope I can defer my refund so it can offset the next season ticket I can buy/use 21/22 probably
Please think about the shielded group with any plans.
Bill Shankly
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Ticket refunds

Postby chrism » Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Agree entirely with Bill S re shielded groups. Unlikely to be able to attend any games for some time yet even if things generally get back to normal.
chrism
Reserves
Reserves
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm
Location: Hucclecote

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

About FGR

We’re a club that looks to the future, but our identity is forged from a rich 128-year history. Founded in 1889, we’re one of the oldest football clubs in the world.

In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience. FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world. That’s quite an accolade, and it shows how we’ve been able to bring together football and environmental consciousness at the highest levels of the game.

cron