Player News

All about our First Team

Player News

Postby Pitchfork » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Thought this was being made official yesterday, but perhaps it's only a rumour, so don't shoot the messenger. Welsh is really enjoying his time at the FGR and it has been agreed between the clubs that he stays to the end of the season.

I don't think Bees is too happy at Cambridge but moving out of his 'comfort zone' was always going to be tough especially as he is a player that thrives on confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if a league club made offers for both Fleets and Bees at the end of the season as it proved to be one of the most successful partnerships in Britain!
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Player News

Postby rallyrover » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Spoke to CP during the game yesterday and he said that " Walsh has signed to the end of the season just before the start of the game, but with every thing else going on had no time to announce it over the PA system".
Last edited by rallyrover on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.
rallyrover
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Pitchfork wrote:I don't think Bees is too happy at Cambridge but moving out of his 'comfort zone' was always going to be tough especially as he is a player that thrives on confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if a league club made offers for both Fleets and Bees at the end of the season as it proved to be one of the most successful partnerships in Britain!

Bees only a sub again and as he loses playing time so his touch will start to desert him. He should have stayed with us and become a hero but I guess the lure of league football - more likely with Cambridge - and the money talked. Fleets might make a level or two up - he's still very young - but I'm not sure Beesley will for all my support for him in the past. I'm surprised he hasn't fitted in at Cambridge though alongside McEvilly. Maybe he will yet.

Meanwhile that is good news about Welsh. He looks lively and prepared to take players on. With that sort of threat on both wings - with Afful on the other - we should be able to make space in the middle for Fleets, Celi and DCB.
Last edited by Tommo on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Lady Magpie » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Bob announced it during the match on BBC Radio Glos, we will just have to wait for CP to finish his Sunday snooze and officially announce it.

H
Lady Magpie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Sledge » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Good news if true but the only downside is further delaying Dodgson's return to match fitness. When fit he is better than Afful in my opinion but Les's performance yesterday will strengthen his case

Welsh was on fire yesterday but it reminded me of when Dodgson first started for us.
Sledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Pitchfork wrote:
I don't think Bees is too happy at Cambridge but moving out of his 'comfort zone' was always going to be tough especially as he is a player that thrives on confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if a league club made offers for both Fleets and Bees at the end of the season as it proved to be one of the most successful partnerships in Britain!

Quote Fartvs Antiqvvs on Forvm Antiqvvs March 13th:

Bizarre Scenario:

Some adventurous league club analyst puts 2 & 2 together and suggests a sign-up of both Fleetwood and Beesley, as neither has shone brightly since separation?

--------------------

Non essere
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Great minds! ;)
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Welsh Exile » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:47 pm

That is good news. Thought Afful outplayed him on Saturday but the combination of the two is good for the future.

Will he stay next season?
Welsh Exile
Reserves
Reserves

Postby mrcool » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:50 am

Agree Tommo about the "lure" of playing league football, but unfortunately for Bees he aint good enough for league football.......only making subs bench at moment.

As mentioned previuosly he might end up back here :o or WSM next year.
mrcool
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Nick Tanner » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:56 pm

Great news about Welsh signing on for the rest of the season, the 2 winged attack looked good on saturday with Him and his much shorter lookalike doing a great job.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Nick Tanner
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:58 pm

mrcool wrote:Agree Tommo about the "lure" of playing league football, but unfortunately for Bees he aint good enough for league football.......only making subs bench at moment.

As mentioned previuosly he might end up back here :o or WSM next year.

Bees subbed again today. He continues to find it hard to settle it seems. I can't see Cambridge going up given their recent form. They are grinding out results but I hope that one of the more attractive sides makes it. Stevenage or Torquay maybe (assuming miracles don't happen to us), I guess that that the contractual terms of his contract don't extend to Bees being disqualified from playing against us next season......
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tomb » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:40 am

Just been on the Cambridge forum. First and foremost, they are not happy bunnies! Despite all their money and expectations, some of their fans don't think they will make the play-offs! Something tells me that we might be seeing them at the New Lawn next year (assuming that we don't make it out of course?).

Lots of criticism of Bees as well. Last few games he's apparently been 'ineffective'. Agree with previous FGR posts about him not being league standard. Expect to see Cambridge off-load him at some stage. Be interesting to see where he pitches up?

Here's to a positive result against Torquay tomorrow!
tomb
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Old Git » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:27 am

If the Cambridge fans say nasty things about him, he'll probably be off to join his chum Lewer at Weymouth.
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby Tommo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:03 am

Isn't more likely to move north - isn't that where he is based.

Nothwithstanding that, I'd have him back if hew were prepared to take the step backwards.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:24 pm

I dont think coming back to us would be a step backwards, except in his pay packet.

We are a better footballing team than Cu at the moment, and JH knows how to get the best out of him, he was languishing on loan at Lancaster at one point. I am sure we will have Cambridge back at The New Lawn next season, unless we wack Torquay 4-1 and move back into the race and go up ourselves.

Anyway, it sounds like Celi may finally be slotting back into gear so would we need him back ?
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby batty_aka_legend » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:49 pm

i wouldnt want him back , whats the point ? as soon as another "big club" he will be off again , im happy it hasnt worked out for him n i only hope its downwards and downwards :D
Dont Follow me, follow FGR !
batty_aka_legend
Reserves
Reserves

Postby michael » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:24 pm

On the bench again tonight
michael
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SimonC » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 pm

michael wrote:On the bench again tonight

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7zRPXjy4Gs4

at 3:45 Amateur commentator "Magno Viera for Mark Beesley, Beesley's had a rubbish game as usual" :) :)
SimonC
Top Manager
Top Manager

Return to FGR First Team