Robbo or Tel for next match

All about our First Team

Robbo or Tel for next match

Postby stroud green » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Who do you think should be between the sticks for the York game?
Terry has played well in the couple of games he played in up to his sending off against Alty. Robbo has been on a bit of a wobbly patch, but, made a couple of great saves on Saturday when Halifax players were through on goal.
I have a feeling Jim is going to stick with Robbo, but, I know im being biased as I sponser him, would love to see Tel get a decent run in the team...What do you all think?
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Robbo or Tel for next match

Postby charles » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:50 pm

I really hope he plays Burton, hes been one of our best players until the sending off.
Hope he gets a good run, but again i think Robbo might start because hes one of his ex Morecambe players,
He did ok sat but its ok playing well for a game, then playing poor the next.

So for me easly i would play Burton
charles
Reserves
Reserves

Postby KoofcaTobin-Of-FGR » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:12 pm

El Tel is the way forward! ;)
KoofcaTobin-Of-FGR
Youth
Youth

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 pm

I was all for Terry getting a run - he justified his selection. However I feel we should have Robo in again tomorrow
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Robbo got dropped for making mistakes costing us points, teerry made a rash decision and mistake at alty and both he and we paid, robbo did well on his recall, cant justifying dropping robbo until he makes another mistake, stick with robbo for me.
Jay
Reserves
Reserves

Postby FGRgirl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:57 pm

I believe Terry has a three match ban doesn't he? So Robbo will have to play tomorrow.
FGRgirl
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Sledge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Hmm, my thoughts watching Robinson's performance on Saturday were 'I'm glad I'm not Jim Harvey'
Sledge
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRgirl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Dougal wrote:Only a one match ban btw...

Well in that case then a very difficult decision, Robbo did ok on saturday although i believed that he was still a bit shaky. Its a tricky one though.
FGRgirl
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Old Git » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Robbo had several wobbly games. In fact his wobbles went right to the heart of the defence, you could feel the tension every time someone hit a back pass. Tel should at least be given a run in the team. I cannot see how JH would change back so soon. That said Robbo was looking safer on Saturday.
If Forest Green Rovers get in the football league then Pigs can fly !!!
Old Git
First Team
First Team

Postby Welsh Exile » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:55 pm

Since we have nothing to lose lets give Burton a good run of games. He was unlucky to be sent off and get banned but if we are looking to build a consistently good team for the future then having two tried and tested keepers at this level will give confidence to the team and supporters. It will also help Burton's confidence and give him the personal knowledge that he is good enough for this league.

If the manager was confident in his ability to play in the first place then he should reinstate him in goal this week.
Welsh Exile
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Joycie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:19 pm

terry burton has done very well when given the chance to play in goal however according to lady magpie's website he has started 5 matches and come on as a sub in one but has been sent off twice. all be it one of them being in the glos senior cup but after being given his chance he seems to have seen red more times than robbo ever has for us. and robbo did well in goal against halifax so maybe warrants another starting place in his next game. maybe terry will have to wait for his chance again despite the fact he is just as good as a goalkeeper.
Joycie
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby batty_aka_legend » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:27 am

I would give Terry a game , Robbo isnt the number 1 anymore , im sure if Terry was in goal saturday there would have been some more passes back , when we were facing our goal instead of passing back we wud hit it out instead of playing 2 Robbo .Joner did it twice and Gilo oce , Terry in goal for me , please :D lol
Dont Follow me, follow FGR !
batty_aka_legend
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Liquored » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:25 am

For me there is no contest, Jim should stick with Robbo, he is the more consistent and less risk keeper. There is no red mist or reckless challenges, therefore the team stays as eleven players with no disruption to the set up of the team. Terry will have his day - he needs to be patient - he is still a very good keeper!
Liquored
Trainee
Trainee

Postby mrcool » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:46 am

Clean sheet = Robbo 8-)
mrcool
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Tommo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:06 am

Its Robinson for me. He is the number 1 goalie but bringing in Burton was a useful reminder that he has to keep playing well, if not improving, in order to stay that way. He responded with a good performance on Saturday. I haven't seen either of the sendings off but BUrton is slightly eccentric in his style and will always risk the absurd. We can't afford that while we are in with a shout of the playoffs and despite his otherwise good performances recently I would move him back to the bench. Its great we have such competition though. For all his apparent consistency at Llanelli, Harrison was never going to be the challenger for the first team spot that Burton is.
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Green Lantern » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:49 pm

I too think that Jim will stick with Robbo tonight. He had a really good game against Halifax , in fact , he would have been my man of the match , so maybe the rest from the 1st team has done him the world of good & he's back on top form !!
Green Lantern
Youth
Youth

Postby Havelock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Tis Robbo for me. TB is still a little rash, especially the sending off against Alty. The player receiving the ball was onside, even though someone was in an offside position. Tel came rushing out of his goal and clattered him. Maybe he will learn from it, as Robbo has when he was dropped.
<*))))>< Well how well that could describe our life, we sing the cross ><((((*>
Havelock
First Team
First Team

Postby Nick Tanner » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Stick with Robbo for this one, he was good on saturday and I think keeping el-tel out for this one will heighten the competition for the number 1 jersey.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Nick Tanner
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Terry for me. A good hollyhocking from Jim should have blunted the red mist tendency.
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Grass Cutter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Joycie wrote:terry burton has done very well when given the chance to play in goal however according to lady magpie's website he has started 5 matches and come on as a sub in one but has been sent off twice. all be it one of them being in the glos senior cup but after being given his chance he seems to have seen red more times than robbo ever has for us. and robbo did well in goal against halifax so maybe warrants another starting place in his next game. maybe terry will have to wait for his chance again despite the fact he is just as good as a goalkeeper.

burton also has started most of the reserve matches
Grass Cutter
Reserves
Reserves

Next

Return to FGR First Team