Mark Ellis

All about our First Team

Mark Ellis

Postby stanman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:56 pm

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/forest-green-thought-to-be-chasing-carlisle-united-defender/story-30083685-detail/story.html???

So are we after Mark Ellis from Carlisle - maybe according to Jon Palmer.

Oh! - and Barrow beating Lincoln 1-0. Come on Barrow!
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Re: Mark Ellis

Postby king giraffe III » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:15 pm

From the Carlisle forum...

I have sympathy for Ellis. The lad has the natural physique of a family butcher yet gives 100%. He's perfect for fighting relegation at the foot of League 2 but out of his depth in a ball-playing promotion chasing side.

So we're apparently after him. :lol:
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:16 pm

He was good on loan here a few years back under David Brown.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 am

Is it definitely the same Mark Ellis? He was somewhat agricultural from what I recall.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:24 am

Yes, the very same Farmer Ellis as you seem to recall him. You're one up on me, as I don't remember him at all. Played 6 times for us on loan in 2009-10.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FootieMan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:25 am

It is the same Mark Ellis who was on loan for 6 matches in 2009 with us from Torquay United.
FootieMan
First Team
First Team

Postby andywhiting69 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am

REMEMBER him playing also at sime time im sure their was another loanee in defence name eludes me .
keep the faith, yes i find it very frustrating with all thats happening , hard to belive it all
best wishes andy
andywhiting69
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Green Devil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:04 pm

The other loanee at the time Andy was Steve Adams from Torquay I believe. Recollection was that both did ok without setting the world alight. Seem to remember Ellis was very similar in style to Charlie Clough but open to correction.

As well as Ellis, some papers up north suggest we might also be looking at Shaun Brisley - both recently transfer listed by Carlisle.
“Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” (William Pollard)
Green Devil
Reserves
Reserves

Postby garyjj » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Saw a rumour were after Shaun Brisley as well at Carlisle with Ellis both have terrible reviews from Carlisle fans :? :?
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:02 pm

From Carlisle ... News and Star:

Curle said: "I've had interest from a top-end Conference team in both Mark Ellis and Shaun Brisley."I spoke to both players and gave them permission to speak to the football club, if they were interested.

"I've [also] given their manager [permission] to speak to the players.

"But I'm not forcing anyone out of the door. Being made available is not the end."
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby garyjj » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:From Carlisle ... News and Star:

Curle said: "I've had interest from a top-end Conference team in both Mark Ellis and Shaun Brisley."I spoke to both players and gave them permission to speak to the football club, if they were interested.

"I've [also] given their manager [permission] to speak to the players.

"But I'm not forcing anyone out of the door. Being made available is not the end."

So we're replacing a player who's joined a promotion chasing league two team for two players who aren't good enough for a promotion chasing league two team, this is beyond me, what a joke. Backwards step.
IReece styches number 1 fan. (Tunnels)
garyjj
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:33 pm

There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Brisley seems to have question marks over his committment. I hope we're not aiming to sign him.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SJN1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Looking at comments on the Carlisle website, it seems as though we could be replacing a thoroughbred with 2 carthorses. Ambitious club, REALLY !!
I just hope it's nothing more than rumour and we are looking at much better quality.
SJN1
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:20 pm

SJN1 wrote:Looking at comments on the Carlisle website, it seems as though we could be replacing a thoroughbred with 2 carthorses. Ambitious club, REALLY !!
I just hope it's nothing more than rumour and we are looking at much better quality.

Bit harsh, both players have played well over 100 games each in the football league, and are a similar age to Clough and Racine, who have played a total of 3 games in the football league between them.

If they do sign people should at least give them a chance to show what they can do before judging them.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SJN1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:27 pm

I maybe a new poster, but I am not a new supporter, having supported the club for over 20 years and sadly I remember Ellis from his loan spell during which he can be best described as 'agricultural.' Hence my concern.
SJN1
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:31 pm

If agricultural means not losing your man and allowing opposition free headers in the box all the time, maybe that might not be such a bad thing? ;)
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SJN1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:59 pm

If it is true, I can only hope you are right KS and as you say ,time will tell.
SJN1
Trainee
Trainee

Postby king giraffe III » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Kentstripe wrote:
SJN1 wrote:Looking at comments on the Carlisle website, it seems as though we could be replacing a thoroughbred with 2 carthorses. Ambitious club, REALLY !!

Bit harsh, both players have played well over 100 games each in the football league, and are a similar age to Clough and Racine, who have played a total of 3 games in the football league between them.

If they do sign people should at least give them a chance to show what they can do before judging them.

Do we want to sign a player who seems to be needing a kick up the backside, like Brisley apparently does? That immediately sets alarm bells off.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Kentstripe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:17 pm

king giraffe III wrote:Do we want to sign a player who seems to be needing a kick up the backside, like Brisley apparently does? That immediately sets alarm bells off.

Doubt MC would be shy in giving him one.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Next

Return to FGR First Team