Mark Ellis

All about our First Team

Re: Mark Ellis

Postby king giraffe III » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:44 pm

FGR123 wrote:He was available. MC when interviewed stated Carlisle had wanted a fee and he wasn't prepared to pay when he believed he could get similar quality free elsewhere. .

Better than Mark Roberts.
Your hands-down winner.
king giraffe III
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Ellis put his head through everything towards the end of the season. He knew the club and playing style and would have been a welcome addition in my view. Though I can sort of see why you might 'aim for better' it still remains that Roberts was a last minute addition from memory and so originally Cooper went for Collins and some kids on loan.

To be honest there's a lot of talk about the players not being good enough but it's the same mistakes that were made last season.

Clough, Racine, Pinnock, Tilt, Ellis, Bennett, Monthe, Iacovitti, Roberts, Collins, Fitzwater and anyone I have missed. They were all stood accused at one point while playing CB I the last 13 months. It's how we set up a lot of the time as apposed to individual ability. If you aren't protected by midfield etc then you will get pulled apart. The zonal marking doesn't seem to work either. Nor does changing you back four so much or your goalkeeper.
camel
First Team
First Team

Postby tommyd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:24 am

Mark Ellis is exactly what we need at the moment. No nonsense defender who can, you know... Defend. He wasn't special but no doubt better than what we have now.
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Timb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 am

He's gone to Orient so that's that. Time to move on.
Timb
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Tommo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 am

fgr2016 wrote:Pinnock is the man we were missing. Not Ellis

Just remember the awful spell we had without Pinnock last year. We had Ellis and had made no difference at all. Ellis as as good as we already have.

True
Tommo
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby GreenJohn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:18 am

I thought that the transfer and loan windows had closed. How can this happen? Can we get players in on loan?
GreenJohn
Reserves
Reserves

Postby stroud green » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 am

GreenJohn wrote:I thought that the transfer and loan windows had closed. How can this happen? Can we get players in on loan?

The National League have different rules I believe and can still get loan players in, ie he could not have come to us on loan, that goes with Pinnock as well. We can only get unattached players in as is the case with Osbourne joining us last week.
Last edited by stroud green on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter @shanehealey

Club photographer
stroud green
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby The Cumbrian » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm

I have seen Ellis at Carlisle three times this season, he has been pretty good but eratic, given Mom in one game. Apparently he had a fall out with Manager Keith Curle last season. The arrival of Veteran centre back Clint Hill has shunted him out.
I thought he did well for us last season but doesn't seem to stand up too well when things aren't going too well so prob not a good choice for the current side.
The Cumbrian
Reserves
Reserves

Previous

Return to FGR First Team