Richard Joyce made redundant?

All about our First Team

Re: Richard Joyce made redundant?

Postby Equinox » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Just read this Rumour! I hope to goodness it's wrong ! Joycie is an absolute top bloke and one of the most genuine guys I have ever had the privilege to meet, career aside the guy loves this club ! What price again ( if true ) are we paying for football league ambitions!! Phil B, u promote ambassadors, wasn't this young enthusiastic, talented lad a true representative of our club ? I await more confirmation, so won't comment any further at this stage. :oops:
Equinox
Youth
Youth

Postby Pitchfork » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 am

We have all expressed disbelief and been head scratching over the weekend following Sam's tweet. Social media publicises rumour and truth, often it is left to us to try and make sense of it all. I'm sure official answers and explanations will be forthcoming.

Equinox wrote: Phil B, u promote ambassadors, wasn't this young enthusiastic, talented lad a true representative of our club ?

In response to your question, I believe the FGR community would be unanimous in holding up Richard Joyce as a passionate ambassador of our club. He has moved from volunteer to employee and always shown commitment together with that rare personal touch that has earned him respect from young and old.
Pitchfork
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Jokerman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 am

If it's goodnight from him it's goodnight from me.

His enthusiasm was contagious.

I've just lost mine.
Jokerman
Reserves
Reserves

Postby andywhiting69 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:31 am

very shocked if true
his enthusiasm and knowledge was second to none about the game ,
fantastic over the microphone drumming up the support etc
still cant believe it fgr without joycie no way
best wishes richard
andy
andywhiting69
Reserves
Reserves

Postby stanman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 am

Jokerman wrote:If it's goodnight from him it's goodnight from me.

His enthusiasm was contagious.

I've just lost mine.

Just about spot on, Jokerman. The way I feel at the moment too.
Hopefully we'll learn more in due course. There may be good and genuine reasons for this ....... perhaps, but they seem particularly distant just now.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby chelsearover » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:04 am

They cannot make a person redundant and then appoint somebody new, it's the role that is made redundant not the person,
chelsearover
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisgump11 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm as concerned for Rich as all who have posted.

But unless someone has different information, all we know is that Sam Wedgbury tweeted that he'd been made redundant then deleted his tweet. Until something definitive emerges I don't think speculation will help
Chrisgump11
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:58 pm

It's all rather strange isn't it Chris?
Makes me wonder if the problem is some contractual matter. But patience from us all is required now, and hopefully a statement will appear when appropriate.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby camel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 pm

stanman wrote:It's all rather strange isn't it Chris?
Makes me wonder if the problem is some contractual matter. But patience from us all is required now, and hopefully a statement will appear when appropriate.

Yes, wise words. Patience and waiting now.

Hopefully this thread, to anyone outside looking in, simply shows how much we care about our club and it's staff, whether playing or non-playing and particularly in cases where those individuals have gone above and beyond in the call of duty.
camel
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby FGRWill » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi everybody.

As you've all been interested in Richard's future with the club. Conversations around matters like these are tricky at anytime, so we wanted to say something when we were able to do so. We thought we would share this with you first, as agreed with the man himself.

We’re saying goodbye to a club legend at the end of the week as Richard Joyce leaves Forest Green Rovers for pastures new. Following our promotion to the Football League and increased interest from press around the world we needed to reorganise our communications team and created a more senior position. His current Press Officer role was made redundant and Rich did not want to apply for the new job.

On behalf of everybody at FGR, thanks for your tireless support and help over many years, Joycie. You’ll always be welcome at the New Lawn!
FGRWill
Youth
Youth

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm

I thought Joycie was doing a great job, cannot understand this whatsoever.

Thanks for all your efforts Joycie, top man who deserved better.
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby stanman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Fair enough, then.
Joycie leaves with my very best wishes for the future. New opportunities and new horizons for him, hopefully.
There is no 'I' in team
stanman
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Green Devil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:55 pm

I join with everyone else in saying a big thanks to Rich and wish him well wherever he ends up.

That said, I am equally surprised (and disappointed) at his departure. The chap has grown immensely over recent years both in terms of his knowledge and professionalism probably best demonstrated by his performance in the pre play off final build up. He has a great reputation amongst fans and we all know the efforts he has put in for this Club (and probably Ecotricity). He attends youth, ladies and first team games and no doubt much more. It wouldn't surprise me if more than one person would be required to carry on his many duties.

Good luck Rich hope to see you up at the New Lawn.
“Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” (William Pollard)
Green Devil
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Kentstripe » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 pm

But why make the role of press officer redundant?

Why not just add to the media/communications team if need be and allow Joycie to continue in his current job?
Kentstripe
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Joycie is one of the nicest people I have met - a top lad - and someone I call a friend.

From Truro away, Wembley and sharing tears at Garry Mitchell's funeral.

Thanks for all you have done for me - and I'm sure my media colleagues concur.

I will miss your enthusiasm on the tannoy. 'Come on you Rovers'.

All the best,
Ash
SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby Fartvs Antiqvvs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:11 pm

stanman wrote:Fair enough, then.
Joycie leaves with my very best wishes for the future. New opportunities and new horizons for him, hopefully.

Don't need the hopefully bit S/m. He's a natural at anything he puts his mind to, in my book.

Thanks for being a large cog in the match day experience lad.

Cheers, Joycie!
Quo tendimus?

Nos venit!
Fartvs Antiqvvs
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby andywhiting69 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:13 pm

HOPEFULLY rich can just turn up at 2.00 relax and watch football without rushing here and there . just sit down and enjoy .
top man and one of the nicest persons to ever met
cu at bishops cleeve
best wishes andy
andywhiting69
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Martin Toms » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Sad news, all the best Joycie in whatever you do next!

"COME ON YOU ROVERS" your rallying cry :D
Martin Toms
Reserves
Reserves

Postby SNJ Ash » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:03 pm

SNJ Ash
Top Manager
Top Manager

Postby tommyd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:15 pm

I really hope this is something joycie wanted and just felt the time was right to move on rather than not feeling he should reapply for the job. He was one of the most hardworking people Ive known at the club and his interviews, Twitter updates etc etc were a lifeline, especially on away days. Thanks for everything joycie!
tommyd
Top Manager
Top Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FGR First Team